Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Auto X is coming :D

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Auto X is coming :D Empty
PostSubject: Auto X is coming :D   Auto X is coming :D Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2008, 10:03 pm

Alright, is anyone else pumped for this year and auto x events?!
I've been wanting to do this all winter and its almost spring therefore events will be poppin' up.

Any veterans got any advice for someone that is going in blind? Is there any ways to practice and/or get ready for this?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Auto X is coming :D   Auto X is coming :D Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2008, 9:52 am

practice? well on the streets, but msot police won't appriciate you telling them that you were practicing for racing haha. But yea, thats about the only real place. before you go, pump up your tires alot, that way you can let air out at the track if you find you are understeering/oversteering, or just bring an air tank. Remove everything from th passenger compartments/glovebox of your car. The last thing you want is to be near redline adn goign into a turn, then hear a "clunk". Obviously you shoudl make sure your car is mechanically sound, ie: things bolted tightly ect, and if you he subs, either remove them, or screw the box down. Finally, when you go out, get a feel for the track, don't try to be a hero your first fun, although we all do it. Oh, and help out at the track, I'm guilty of not helping, but this year I'll definatley be helping.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Auto X is coming :D   Auto X is coming :D Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2008, 11:58 am

Didn't even think about the tire/air situation. I'm starting to feel overwhelmed and highly nervous and it's still a little ways away.

Also, a helmet is needed correct? What rating of helmet should i be getting?
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Auto X is coming :D   Auto X is coming :D Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2008, 1:29 pm

Ghoti or Golks should be able to answer most of these questions or you can visit the qcma site Nial is the current president and would love to hear from you I am sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Auto X is coming :D   Auto X is coming :D Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2008, 1:29 pm

corey wrote:
Didn't even think about the tire/air situation. I'm starting to feel overwhelmed and highly nervous and it's still a little ways away.

Also, a helmet is needed correct? What rating of helmet should i be getting?

they have helmets you can borrow, if not im pretty sure a friend of mine is setting up a group buy on helmets, theyre pretty fucking sweet.

also remember to remove a cd holder if you have on on your visor, nothing worse then going around a corner and getting smacked in the helmet by your own cd. this is from experiance.
Back to top Go down
project_s13
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 94
Vehicle : 1990 240sx
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Auto X is coming :D   Auto X is coming :D Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2008, 7:15 pm

lol only you would know hahaha. ya tires would be good idea. get someone who does custom alignments like me will help you in corners aswell. helmet take any and all weight out of your car that you can. and if u got coil over lighter and lower center of gravity. i will build my 89 chevy sprint and u'll all see a car haul ass Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594544
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Auto X is coming :D   Auto X is coming :D Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2008, 8:18 am

I completely forgot about the helmet, but they do have some that you can borrow, and if its your first time, don't worry about buying one. Also try not to worry too much about your car's set up, chances are, you're goign ot be nervous enough as is. I'd spend the first day just learning, asking people queations, and watchign how the "better" people take the corners, and where they brake, ect. Focus on having fun, because you're goign to be learning alot, and there is always the next time to go all out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auto X is coming :D   Auto X is coming :D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Auto X is coming :D
Page 1 of 1