Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lancer Problem

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WPK
Rank 3
Rank 3
WPK

Number of posts : 157
Vehicle : 06 Ranger
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Lancer Problem Empty
PostSubject: Lancer Problem   Lancer Problem Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 7:09 pm

Yesterday I was going out and my car's engine light came on. It cannot rev past 3000 rpm it simply won't accelarate. I have a 10 yr warranty so I called Mitsu. They coded it and it said I to get a new throttle body assembly because the accelarator pedal position sensor has failed. This car is 2006 and has less than 35k kms so I'm really shocked. Weirdly enough on the drive home the engine light was on and it performed perfectly. Today I went out and it struggled again.. as soon as it hits 3000 rpms it won't go higher, so I have to shift below the 3k mark or it starts to bog and shake. After I parked and was finished golfing my car worked perfectly on the ride home. Anyone ever experience this in their cars?
Back to top Go down
kkid28
Rank 4
Rank 4
kkid28

Number of posts : 379
Vehicle : 93 Bird
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Lancer Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lancer Problem   Lancer Problem Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 7:12 pm

I know someone who's Throttle Position Sensor shit out on him and his car idled at roughly 3000 RPM... so if your pedal position sensor failed then wouldn't it just stay open at the same percentage all the time? ... :/ i'm confused
Back to top Go down
WPK
Rank 3
Rank 3
WPK

Number of posts : 157
Vehicle : 06 Ranger
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Lancer Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lancer Problem   Lancer Problem Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 7:14 pm

Yah it makes no sense at all to me.
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

Number of posts : 752
Vehicle : 2008 Toyota Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Lancer Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lancer Problem   Lancer Problem Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 7:15 pm

kkid28 wrote:
I know someone who's Throttle Position Sensor shit out on him and his car idled at roughly 3000 RPM... so if your pedal position sensor failed then wouldn't it just stay open at the same percentage all the time? ... :/ i'm confused

ECU's need to see more than one fault of a certain sensor in teh system to throw a light. Usually its several faults within a time frame or key cycles. It will throw the light because of this. This does not mean the sensor continues to have this problem, it just means that it met the criteria for the ecu to hard code the code. This sounds like a intermitant problem with one of the tps's. IF you have warranty just get whatever they diagnosed for you to change.
Back to top Go down
http://www.306motorclub.com
kkid28
Rank 4
Rank 4
kkid28

Lancer Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lancer Problem   Lancer Problem Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 7:30 pm

Unplug the battery for a few seconds to reset the ECU, maybe it will clear itself, if not you could hook it up to one of those code scanners and clear the code. Then if the problem persists i'd do something about it. My old cutlass had a check engine light and i just cleared some old O2 sensor code and it didn't come on again.

Edit: wait yeah... it's warranty, milk it for all it's worth lol.
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Lancer Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lancer Problem   Lancer Problem Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 7:59 pm

sound like your car is going into limp mode. I know some engine codes are not so serious and won't go cause the ecu to enter into limp mode but ya if its still under warranty free is free.
Back to top Go down
kkid28
Rank 4
Rank 4
kkid28

Lancer Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lancer Problem   Lancer Problem Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 8:05 pm

EP304 wrote:
free is free.

Yay free!
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Lancer Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lancer Problem   Lancer Problem Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 10:58 pm

Me like free but doesn't happen often to me
Back to top Go down
kkid28
Rank 4
Rank 4
kkid28

Lancer Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lancer Problem   Lancer Problem Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 11:37 pm

EP304 wrote:
Me like free but doesn't happen often to me

Pff yeah. same here.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Lancer Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lancer Problem   Lancer Problem Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2008, 11:11 am

My maf caused my car to do that, not trying to diagnose just saying.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Sponsored content

Lancer Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lancer Problem   Lancer Problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lancer Problem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: General-
Jump to: