Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gas Mileage Thread

Go down 
+10
Clint Eastwood
Marshal
L-Spec
Jason-
1eightySX
greddy_1700
corey
Rob
laynehip
CamJohns122
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Gas Mileage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2008, 12:11 pm

1eightySX wrote:
seriously... I really can't think of anything, please fill me in.

Regardless, anything you spend your money on is going to be material and meaningless. *see karl marx

I dont think say travvling is material and meaningless or other things that are activities and not material products
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2008, 1:12 pm

1eightySX wrote:
what else should i spend money on?

Liquor
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2008, 3:38 pm

Look we could get into specifics but I got news for you, the money you save in gas from having a slightly modded car to a regualr car is not going to send you on a trip. Believe me, I have loads of friends who aren't into cars and like traveling and they travel only a little more than I do.

As much as I love candy and liquor, I think those are difinantly part of the meaningless pile. Anyway, my car friends drink the most out of any of my friends so I don't think all the money you save on gas would go somewhere else useful. The truth is, if you weren't wasting your money on one meaningless item you would waste it on another. That is not just me saying it but there is large amount of scholarly work to back it up. When I say waste I don't mean waste like garbage but really in the whole scheme of things...frivelous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
KMN.
Rank 1
Rank 1

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2008, 4:55 pm

Going back to the original post...All Cam is wondering is what kind of gas mileage people are getting, he doesnt care one bit what you would or wouldnt rather spend your money on.
How much it costs to fill up, and how long it lasts is all he's asking.
We all know you'd spend money on things other than on your car or for gas, so quit deviating from the original post.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2008, 6:01 pm

$72.xx a week for 50ish litres of premium. lasts just under 500kms with a 1.8L highly strung 4 cyl that still makes dick all for power
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2008, 7:16 pm

It is to answer what else I am going to spend my money on.

Last edited by 1eightySX on July 14th 2008, 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2008, 8:33 pm

L-Spec wrote:
I usually put $40 to limit my time driving, and it usually lasts a couple hours. Maybe four or five hours of solid driving within the city at the most.

i think its pretty obvious why we dont fill up all the way. FUCKING WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION, YEAHHHHHH.

greddy_1700 wrote:
About $65-$75 every 4-5 days, filling up with 94 Octane.

pretty much identical when i do fill up all the way, 70$ from empty.
Back to top Go down
_....
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2008, 9:17 pm

I could seriously post every single time i've filled up my 180 since I got it, how much it cost and a roughly figured mpg rating. I think I even have all the receipts, no idea why i kept them but i like to keep track of my mpg. But anyways overall during the summer I get low 20s city and high 20s highway. Over the winter when it was mainly city driving i got as low as 10 mpg lol. When I get gas somewhere near half tank usually its about 45ish. I also just added up all the fills since i started driving the car last july, around $1300. Way less then I thought it would be for a year. FYI my 180 has a stock SR20DET, 134k on it.
Back to top Go down
tylerpyle
Rank 1
Rank 1
tylerpyle

Number of posts : 21
Vehicle : 1997 Flamin Neon
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2008, 12:18 am

my bitchin neon get like 34 miles to the gallon according to the sticker but as my buddies and i soon relaized that the sticker millage, online or in the window is never accurate. We worked it out and it gets only like 29-30, still good but we are being lied to!! lol
Back to top Go down
_....
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2008, 12:48 am

Ya those numbers are the best possible mpg rating you could hope to achieve ever in the perfect conditions in which they test the car. Its not likely that you would ever be able to get those kinds of numbers often if ever, also i think as the engine ages and wears it wont get the same mpg rating it once did when new, i could be wrong tho, maybe it would it it was looked after and is less if the car hasn't had maintenance done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gas Mileage Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: General-
Jump to: