Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gas Mileage Thread

Go down 
+10
Clint Eastwood
Marshal
L-Spec
Jason-
1eightySX
greddy_1700
corey
Rob
laynehip
CamJohns122
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2008, 8:30 pm

Well being in the states for a while got me thinking, gas here is $4.40 per gallon, and its going up like a rocket, also everyone here in montana drives god damn f250s, rams, sierras, silverados, escalades, if it doesnt got at least a V6 they wotn drive it

so im wondering post up how much it costs to fill your tank, what grade you use, and hopw long it lasts you just for curiousities sake
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2008, 8:32 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:
Well being in the states for a while got me thinking, gas here is $4.40 per gallon, and its going up like a rocket, also everyone here in montana drives god damn f250s, rams, sierras, silverados, escalades, if it doesnt got at least a V6 they wotn drive it

so im wondering post up how much it costs to fill your tank, what grade you use, and hopw long it lasts you just for curiousities sake
it costs me around 80 dollars to fill up
i put in 91
and during school it lasts me a week
during the summer lasts me a month or two
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2008, 8:34 pm

my 98 saturn sc2 is about 50ish to fill (regular of couse Razz ). And ive got 520kms in the city at best, but i usually only get about 400-420ish for the most part haha.

Tank can last me easily 2 weeks if i didnt do so much "extra" driving/crusing

Gas isent that expensive, stop complaining.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2008, 8:38 pm

IM not complaining im just curious you do know this will be a serious situation and not that im gonna stop driving or something like that.

I dont know about you but id sure as hell rather pay less, if you wanna pay more go ahead.

I like driving and id rather drive than work more just to pay for gas
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2008, 8:42 pm

I'd still rather drive something I love than a cheap economical piece of SHIT like aveos/yaris, all those.. yuck
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2008, 8:43 pm

In my cherokee I drive doing the essentials with it and so far since the start of june to now ive gone throuhg $67 of gas.

Only way I can see somenoe complaining about gas is if your working like 1 shift a week or unemployed, otherwise It really isen't that expensive. Considering back when gas was cheap minimum wage was also under $7, nowadays we are at $8.60 and paying a little extra for gas.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2008, 8:44 pm

Supra wrote:
I'd still rather drive something I love than a cheap economical piece of SHIT like aveos/yaris, all those.. yuck

o i agree im not saying we should go out and buy POS fuel efficient cars no im just curious as to what guys are paying for fuel.

and also tips to better fuel economy other than dont drive and dont have a heavy foot.

anyone know if any of those STP and the like fuel mileage additives really work
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2008, 8:47 pm

scams

Corey, when I owned my jeep i worked ONE day a week and my pay check was enougbh to pay for my gas over 2 weeks easily.

Last edited by Supra on July 13th 2008, 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2008, 8:48 pm

corey wrote:
Only way I can see somenoe complaining about gas is if your working like 1 shift a week or unemployed, otherwise It really isen't that expensive. Considering back when gas was cheap minimum wage was also under $7, nowadays we are at $8.60 and paying a little extra for gas.

Im not fuckin complaining im just curious as to what everyone is paying. I can afford gas quite fine thank you very much but it does suck to pay that much when from what ive heard from some people we shouldnt have to pay anyways.

Id rather use my money to buy parts for my car, go on vacations, take a pretty girl out on a date.

IMHO the guys will agree id rather get laid than cruise

or if your really determined you can get laid and cruise at the same time if you must
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2008, 8:51 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:
corey wrote:

Im not fuckin complaining im just curious as to what everyone is paying. I can afford gas quite fine thank you very much but it does suck to pay that much when from what ive heard from some people we shouldnt have to pay anyways.

Id rather use my money to buy parts for my car, go on vacations, take a pretty girl out on a date.

IMHO the guys will agree id rather get laid than cruise
yah when i am going to school i make just enough to cover gas
since i work very very little during school and i have to fill up 4 times a month which ends up costing close to 300, so i have barely any money to do anything with
but i will just become this guy and pay 0
Gas Mileage Thread 200408supercomm

Last edited by laynehip on July 13th 2008, 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2008, 8:52 pm

Fair enough, I'd kill for your civ civ's gas mileage haha.
But I bought the jeep with convience/winter in mind and aint complaining with my 15mpg at best.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2008, 8:57 pm

corey wrote:
Fair enough, I'd kill for your civ civ's gas mileage haha.
But I bought the jeep with convience/winter in mind and aint complaining with my 15mpg at best.

yeah trust me i aint complaining and my gas mileage will be even better once i can afford to tune it. and thats fiar enough i dont even know what ill drive in the winter,

but when i get back in august im buying a motorcycle to take to school and back , anyone know how hard it is to get your learners? my teacher at school is the head of that shit and he said soon itll be much much harder
Back to top Go down
greddy_1700
Rank 5
Rank 5
greddy_1700

Number of posts : 654
Vehicle : 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2008, 8:59 pm

About $65-$75 every 4-5 days, filling up with 94 Octane.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2008, 9:00 pm

greddy_1700 wrote:

Do you fill at that park st. mohawk or w/e it is?
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2008, 9:00 pm

greddy_1700 wrote:

fuck my life sorry dude but id hate to be you but if you can afford it i guess thats not so bad
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2008, 9:02 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:
greddy_1700 wrote:

fuck my life sorry dude but id hate to be you but if you can afford it i guess thats not so bad

Im confident that it is very well worth it
Back to top Go down
greddy_1700
Rank 5
Rank 5
greddy_1700

Number of posts : 654
Vehicle : 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2008, 10:23 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:
greddy_1700 wrote:

Its not so bad. I just do alot of driving thats all. I mean every day I go from the north end to the university at least once, the girlfriend lives in the across town, and i go there almost every day. Plus driving to work about 5-6 times a week. It all adds up, especially when your little tuned 2.0L 4 cylinder only gets like 16mpg.

Whatever, it costs money to play and have toys.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2008, 11:18 pm

what else should i spend money on?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2008, 11:32 pm

Greddy_1700- Yeah true thats fair enough lol

1eightysx- Youve got to be kidding me right? drivings great dont get me wrong but theres better things you could spend all that gas money on im sure
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2008, 11:57 pm

seriously... I really can't think of anything, please fill me in.

Regardless, anything you spend your money on is going to be material and meaningless. *see karl marx
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2008, 12:43 am

1eightySX wrote:
seriously... I really can't think of anything, please fill me in.

Regardless, anything you spend your money on is going to be material and meaningless. *see karl marx
since when has candy been material and meaningless
Back to top Go down
Jason-
Rank 3
Rank 3
Jason-

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2008, 12:53 am

$75.00 To fill, last 8-10 days
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2008, 1:11 am

I tried to postpone this post, but it was inevitable that I state the obvious. With it's current tune, my FD has a full tank of about $95 91/94 octane. I usually put $40 to limit my time driving, and it usually lasts a couple hours. Maybe four or five hours of solid driving within the city at the most. Low weight and aerodynamics, plus gearing helped me get from Calgary to Regina on about $180 of gas though. It also runs pig rich at idle, so that probably doesn't help either Smile Yup, my car kills the environment one revolution at a time.

Last edited by L-Spec on July 14th 2008, 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2008, 6:30 am

paying for gas in inevitable for most, there is no use complaining about it. Riding my peddle bike to work is jsut not feasable for most people including myself. And for all the complainging you do Cam, don't you drive your car to work, even though you live a block away?
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2008, 12:10 pm

Shift_Now wrote:
paying for gas in inevitable for most, there is no use complaining about it. Riding my peddle bike to work is jsut not feasable for most people including myself. And for all the complainging you do Cam, don't you drive your car to work, even though you live a block away?

FUck im not complaining i hear this one more time ill fuckin snap...

i drive to work in the winter or if im relaly late otherwise i walk or bike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gas Mileage Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Mileage Thread   Gas Mileage Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gas Mileage Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next