Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

X-kote?!?!

Go down 
+3
Clear Solutions
playboyz28
corey
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Clear Solutions
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-02-19

X-kote?!?! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-kote?!?!   X-kote?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2008, 4:45 pm

Not all the time, maybe a wetsand and polish might be all you need but I have been able to fix problems like this just by X-koting the car.
Back to top Go down
playboyz28
Rank 4
Rank 4
playboyz28

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Snap-On Tool Truck
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: X-kote?!?!   X-kote?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2008, 9:07 pm

We'l see how it looks when spring comes and corey takes the decals off..Smile
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: X-kote?!?!   X-kote?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2008, 1:14 pm

After a car has had X-kote applied is there a certain curing time? Or can you be applying other compounds on afterwards? Or if something has been applied before hand wil it affect X-kote?
Back to top Go down
Clear Solutions
Rank 2
Rank 2

PostSubject: Re: X-kote?!?!   X-kote?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2008, 5:29 pm

corey wrote:
After a car has had X-kote applied is there a certain curing time? Or can you be applying other compounds on afterwards? Or if something has been applied before hand wil it affect X-kote?

I recomend to clients that the car not be washed for 2 weeks after we x-kote it. In 12 hours the coating is 75% cure, within 2 weeks it is 90% cure, and 3 months it's 100%. We put a coating of our specially formulated X-Protect sealant over top of every job we do before it leaves the shop. This product gives the X-Kote a protective barrier while it is curing. The product is completely silicone free which is a good thing. If people choose not to go with our aftercare product line we just recomend you find some products that are silicone free.

Anything that has been applied before the car is brought to us gets stripped off in our prepping process. Touch up paint in stone chips is also removed then put back in after.
Back to top Go down
playboyz28
Rank 4
Rank 4
playboyz28

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Snap-On Tool Truck
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: X-kote?!?!   X-kote?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2008, 8:00 pm

so then what happens if we get it x-koted..and then it rains in a few days? would that wash away the barrier?
Back to top Go down
Clear Solutions
Rank 2
Rank 2

PostSubject: Re: X-kote?!?!   X-kote?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2008, 9:10 pm

playboyz28 wrote:
so then what happens if we get it x-koted..and then it rains in a few days? would that wash away the barrier?

No the sealant is designed to protect for up to 2 months. Rain is not a huge issue after 24 hours of cure. Anything before that time I have seen issues with water spotting. Lesson learned from me X-Koting cars on rainy days and sticking them outside after 4 hours. I did that 2 times last year and quickly figured out the problem.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: X-kote?!?!   X-kote?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2008, 10:42 pm

I'll see how the paint is on my civic once it arrives, I believe and have been ensured it is mint and looks real good.
But if that is untrue im sure ill giv eyou a call after the snows gone.
Back to top Go down
Clear Solutions
Rank 2
Rank 2

PostSubject: Re: X-kote?!?!   X-kote?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2008, 10:54 pm

corey wrote:
I'll see how the paint is on my civic once it arrives, I believe and have been ensured it is mint and looks real good.
But if that is untrue im sure ill giv eyou a call after the snows gone.

Where is the car coming from? If it is a RHD Jap Import civic, I'll save you the trip down to the shop. I don't do the imported cars. There is something wrong with the paint process they use over there that X-Kote does n ot like. It doesn't react well. I had to turn away 3 guys last summer with those cars.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: X-kote?!?!   X-kote?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2008, 11:11 pm

That's odd, but nope it's coming in from B.C.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X-kote?!?!   X-kote?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

X-kote?!?!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2