Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Occupy Regina...?

Go down 
+13
Jhall
Golks
240sxy
nguyen306
jdm_itr
Moneypits
troyjule
Zimm
subbie
veedub
laynehip
MacSkank
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 6:41 pm

troyjule wrote:
bahrx7 wrote:
jdm_itr wrote:

not everybody has the capabilities or funds to do what your doing .

this isnt even what i wanna argue about everyone thinks its about jobs thats not exactly the case

Im well aware of this, but what I also know is that if one is willing to go out and work for it, they too can attend a post secondary institute. I am actually friends with a kid who got booted from his house and was working 2 jobs ( worked shifts BEFORE and AFTER school), while taking 3 courses. Nobody can say its not possible.

To be fair, that in itself starts a whole other argument about rising tuitions prices in relation to inflation. University is increasingly becoming less and less attainable to a majority of the population.
thank you ... and i wanna argue about how you hate what these people are protesting ? there fighting for us basically (please put aside the people who have lost sight on what the protest is about) i just wanna know why yopu think the occupy together protest is such an evil thing ?
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 6:51 pm

jdm_itr wrote:
thank you ... and i wanna argue about how you hate what these people are protesting ? there fighting for us basically (please put aside the people who have lost sight on what the protest is about) i just wanna know why yopu think the occupy together protest is such an evil thing ?

I never once said it was a horrible thing. I simply told you what I am doing as part of MY protest.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 6:53 pm

alright well whatever im sick of this shit Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Golks
Rank 5
Rank 5
Golks

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : '98 Honda
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 7:17 pm

Kyle. Like I mentioned in Adams epic status update there are jobs out there where the employer/trade union will actually pay for your schooling.

You mentioned that you hate your job. Find a new one. The trades are dying for people right now. Put in your time and learn on the job, take six weeks of classroom work here and there and guess what. You are a journeyman and you can choose your own adventure and make good money while you are at it. I think Marshall and Corey are perfect examples of guys going down this path.

Like Evan, I was taught to work for my money. If you sit back and do the bare minimum you cant blame anyone but yourself for your position. I'm laid off until it snows a substantial amount. I knew this and prepared myself for it. I worked 400+ hours of overtime this summer and saved for my layoff. Guys i work with work the same amount of OT and blow their check boozing and smoking weed. Those same guys dont answer the phone in the winter when there is work and just sit and collect EI. Who is to blame for that? Not me, but I have been talked to by some of them like I am a crook for having more money than them.

We have it pretty good here right now. Take advantage of it while ypu can.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 7:26 pm

Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 7:30 pm

Golks wrote:
Kyle. Like I mentioned in Adams epic status update there are jobs out there where the employer/trade union will actually pay for your schooling.

You mentioned that you hate your job. Find a new one. The trades are dying for people right now. Put in your time and learn on the job, take six weeks of classroom work here and there and guess what. You are a journeyman and you can choose your own adventure and make good money while you are at it. I think Marshall and Corey are perfect examples of guys going down this path.

Like Evan, I was taught to work for my money. If you sit back and do the bare minimum you cant blame anyone but yourself for your position. I'm laid off until it snows a substantial amount. I knew this and prepared myself for it. I worked 400+ hours of overtime this summer and saved for my layoff. Guys i work with work the same amount of OT and blow their check boozing and smoking weed. Those same guys dont answer the phone in the winter when there is work and just sit and collect EI. Who is to blame for that? Not me, but I have been talked to by some of them like I am a crook for having more money than them.

We have it pretty good here right now. Take advantage of it while ypu can.
this isnt what im arguing about . and im not gunna get a ticket for something that im sick of doing i know that i should go to school for something but i dont know what i wanna do and what i wish i could do isnt something that i can make money at so im at a stale mate but what ever this argument isnt about me or if there is work here
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 8:24 pm

realistically in Saskatchewan, you either go to school for 4 to 7 years and get a job after that, or you go to siast for 1 -3 years and work a trade after, or you get a apprenticeship and work and go to school of and on, or you get a grunt job and make decent money but have a shit job, or you get an easy job and make shit money. Those are the choices for saskatchewan in a nut shell. If you can't afford school then you work one of the other choices till you can. Obviously some people different situations. And i don't understand how people say they can't find a job. All i see is "NOW HIRING" signs. My dad is a business owner and he said the problem now a days is that people don't want to work. And don't get me wrong I don't have my shit figured out. But i know that if i didn't have some of the perks i do and it was life or death and nobody was there to help then i would be going to fucking eb games or starbucks or wasabi where there are help wanted signs and i would work. I agree with Evan, HARD WORK is everything. My dads parents are dead and he had no help, never went to school. He has owned 3 businesses and is probably going to retire right away at the age of 48. BUT he is a freak, all he does is work. So its finding that balance. I wish the genes passed through to me lol anyway my rant is done
Back to top Go down
JDN
Rank 3
Rank 3
JDN

Number of posts : 154
Vehicle : Omega
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 10:25 pm

Jhall wrote:
My dad is a business owner and he said the problem now a days is that people don't want to work.

Probably the best point to give to the occupiers. They don't want to work, they want to sit in a park and protest. Maybe thats why the rich are getting richer, because they still work while the poor just complain, quit theirs jobs and protest for why they are poor and other people are wealthy.
Back to top Go down
Golks
Rank 5
Rank 5
Golks

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 10:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Bjohnson

Number of posts : 1871
Vehicle : 2001 Honda S2000
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 11:08 pm

That guy was sooo stunned
Back to top Go down
james
Rank 2
Rank 2
james

Number of posts : 94
Vehicle : Corrado
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 11:12 pm

Golks wrote:
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/occupy-regina/1258887490001
I would vote for him. Redistribute the wealth.
Back to top Go down
MacSkank
Rank 5
Rank 5

Number of posts : 556
Vehicle : Longboard
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 11:21 pm

To get informed tonight I decided to go to Atlantis coffee and figure out what their movement is all about. Still don't have a clue after sitting there listening for 2 hours..? The guy from the video was there also, and got up after ten minutes, and said if this wasn't a productive discussion he had else where to be, and took off. Lol
Back to top Go down
Golks
Rank 5
Rank 5
Golks

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 11:22 pm

MacSkank wrote:
To get informed tonight I decided to go to Atlantis coffee and figure out what their movement is all about. Still don't have a clue after sitting there listening for 2 hours..? The guy from the video was there also, and got up after ten minutes, and said if this wasn't a productive discussion he had else where to be, and took off. Lol

So what is Phase 2?
Back to top Go down
MacSkank
Rank 5
Rank 5

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 11:29 pm

They discussed what their main internal problem was, which was they they don't have a representative/leader. The rest of the time the spent debating the differnces between "blame/responsibility". What I gathered was that they want to intimidate city hall, which is why they are taking the legal procedures of fighting their tickets to court.. Other than this, it was a big waste of time.
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 12:16 am

JDN wrote:
Jhall wrote:
My dad is a business owner and he said the problem now a days is that people don't want to work.

Probably the best point to give to the occupiers. They don't want to work, they want to sit in a park and protest. Maybe thats why the rich are getting richer, because they still work while the poor just complain, quit theirs jobs and protest for why they are poor and other people are wealthy.

Ya like i really don't know anything about the "occupiers" but just like going back to what the pops says. he also said that when you do find someone to hire they immediately expect to have the best pay, the most responsibility and lots of time off and do the minimum amount of work. And then they are offended when you tell them they have to prove themselves and work their way up ladder like everyone else did who is at the top.

Like i said my opinion doesn't really count because I don't know much about the occupy stuff. Im just relaying what a successful business owner thinks. Also obviously circumstances change from person to person but still.
Back to top Go down
Marshal.
Rank 6
Rank 6
Marshal.

Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 7:41 am

as a bit of off topic here, how can people not afford to go to school? There are tons of ways to pay for it:
government grants
scholorships
work
loans
student loans
parents

Its want Vs need. and its always been that way. If you want to put in the effort, good things will happen. If you dont want to put in the effort, then you cant blame anyone but yourself. There is always a way to get what you need, and usually get what you want. I think someone even had a saying for that?

And quite frankly, I am glad there are, well lets call them shit jobs. Because not everyone is cut out for being a CEO, lets face it. Some people are just smarter than others. Lets call them the 1%, so why should they not be rewarded? Im glad there are people like Evan and Jordan engineering stuff, becasue lots of people out there just cant handle that sort of responsibility. Basically, you arent held back based on what sort of social status you are born into anymore, you just need the motivation. Im glad there are a large number of deadbeats, happy to work for minimum wage, who else is going to fill up the food courts? Look at Jay-z, not only was he poor, selling drugs, and big ugly lips, but look at him now. Sure lots of othr guys hustle on the side, but its all about motivation.

Most of the people protesting these facts have everything going for them. Not only are they white(and lets face it, there is still racisim), but they are not disabled, they are intelligent, able bodied, ect ect. Sure im jealous at the fact that there are CEOs and VPs making more in a day than I make in a year, but there are also guys working on the pipeline clearing 3000/week, but they are out there, doing it, not working at chapters or coffee shops part time and wondering why they cant support a family of 5.

Moral of the story; If you want something, work for it. And if you dont want to, I dont want to fucking hear about it.
Back to top Go down
nguyen306
Rank 4
Rank 4
nguyen306

Number of posts : 396
Vehicle : Space Craft
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 10:13 am

Golks wrote:
MacSkank wrote:

So what is Phase 2?

camping in front of the ledge? lol!
Back to top Go down
MacSkank
Rank 5
Rank 5

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 6:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 6:37 pm

first clear argument i have heard. finally
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 6:58 pm

everyone on here is fucking retarded and has absolutely no idea whats going on or why this is happening god it isn't about going to school having a job or think that people are lazy .... don't inform your self with what media says or what the protesters in Regina or most of Canada for that matter ..... go on the internet and research its the one form of information that isn't influenced by the media and gov . most of the people that are protesting and know why they are and understand what they are doing are people like you and i home owners business owners retired people and have family's and they are making sacrifices for us .. the hole issue is that the media can say what every they want and you believe and the gov tells them what to say ....this is the issue .. evan said that his friend has to work like 2 jobs to go to school this is one of the issues it sucks that he has to do that .. and the gov does not give two shits about you or me they just care about raking in money to keep themselves and the 1% wealthy and in the leader spot of the world ........ and all you think that this protest is dumb and useless and doesn't make sense and pointless and nothing will come from it HOW THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THAT THE EGYPTIAN DICTATOR GOT OVER RAN ? ill be the first to say it the occupy movement in Canada is retarded especially in Regina they were asking for money and food they were all stoners and homeless but don't think you know everything cause YOUR life is going ok and life in Canada is ok this is a international protest and its working cause all you are talking about it ...
time for a funny picture
Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 WDOu1
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 7:07 pm

did you even watch the video 2 posts up?
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 7:07 pm

watch the corporation:
Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 220px-Movie_poster_the_corporation

Then read this book:
Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 2903883-L

Then watch the trotsky:
Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Arts-trotsky-584

Then you should be able to sympathize even a little bit with these people.
I have issues with both sides though.

It would also just be an awesome night cause all three of these things are a fun watch/read
Back to top Go down
troyjule
Rank 4
Rank 4
troyjule

Number of posts : 398
Vehicle : BMW e46
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2011, 1:53 pm

Was the Trotsky any good? Been meaning to watch it.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2011, 3:19 pm

troyjule wrote:
I watched the Trotsky in the morning, watched it again at night, then watched it again the next day, then watched it again on TV like 4 days later.
It is one of my favourite movies it was amazing! There is so so so so many incredible scenes!
Back to top Go down
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

Number of posts : 1074

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2011, 3:24 pm

troyjule wrote:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Regina...?   Occupy Regina...? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Occupy Regina...?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next