Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What did you do to your car today?

Go down 
+54
MacSkank
swift101
Jex
nissan240sx
Gee
PingPong
m-x-3
DOLHA
chungstachung
Jason-
Black
EVOXXX
Rob
EF_guy
locked2
00devo00
jamo
kyles_r32
Marshal.
nguyen306
Sleypr
Piett
Rogue
lu!$
240sxy
troyjule
veedub
DjSlugger
Fiorante
Golks
vision
Noops
Jhall
JSharp
toddler
Clint Eastwood
Moneypits
jdm_itr
JDN
T-Fel
Zimm
h22z1
abs0Lut
1eightySX
subbie
duggyb
Bjohnson
laynehip
bogan
Heretic
c.mayer
corey
taylorvw
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Sleypr
Rank 4
Rank 4
Sleypr

Number of posts : 402
Vehicle : 2004 Infiniti G35x, 2000 Jeep XJ
Registration date : 2008-08-30

What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2011, 2:42 pm

Put in a new set of E3 Plugs into the beemer today, what a difference! Runs way smoother and seems to be getting better mileage on the meter as well. Hopefully it will get better after a couple of days of driving.
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

Number of posts : 1718
Vehicle : MKII Jetta
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2011, 3:04 pm

Really? Do they actually work?

I though E3 were pretty gimmicky, also isn't that plug Adam (Silverbeast) had the tip break off and destroy his exhaust valve/cyl head and turbo?

https://2img.net/h/i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo59/Scourge63/SparkPlugs9.jpg?t=1266342449
Back to top Go down
Sleypr
Rank 4
Rank 4
Sleypr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2011, 4:12 pm

Heretic wrote:

I though E3 were pretty gimmicky, also isn't that plug Adam (Silverbeast) had the tip break off and destroy his exhaust valve/cyl head and turbo?

https://2img.net/h/i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo59/Scourge63/SparkPlugs9.jpg?t=1266342449

Well that would then be a great excuse to do this...
Miller 535i

Besides if you look at how discolored (heated) the threads on the plug are, I would say it was detonating. Improper heat range I would suspect.
Back to top Go down
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

Number of posts : 768
Vehicle : 92 Del Sol SIR/ 90 Silvia S13 K's
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2011, 5:40 pm

1eightySX wrote:
T-Fel wrote:
blew the timing belt up on my SIR on the side of ring road last night... didnt take long for the cops to arrive asking me why i was there and saying they'll tow it if i dont have it moved lol!

It is a sign...move forward with the S chassis.

This is the plan infact.
Next weeks to do list ; fix timing belt so i have a daily
Then onto the S chassis.. already spoke with Golks picking up some new turbo piping and Megan engine mounts and a HKS BOV and some other odds and ends and start going nuts with it then go pick up motor and get at er cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodologic.ca
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2011, 11:48 pm

Sleypr wrote:
Heretic wrote:

Well that would then be a great excuse to do this...
Miller 535i

Besides if you look at how discolored (heated) the threads on the plug are, I would say it was detonating. Improper heat range I would suspect.

Yeah I've replaced an engine with plugs that looked sort of like that. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
h22z1
Rank 2
Rank 2
h22z1

Number of posts : 77
Vehicle : 96 prelude vtec
Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2011, 2:10 pm

within the next 4-5 days plan to have every done brakes my new coil change the fender do the timing belt put on the new header and put in the new test pipe as well as put in my short shifter .... hoping all goes as planned and hopefully this weekend i can be cruising .... hopefully
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2011, 3:03 pm

removed the illmotion shit.
replaced with a little homegrown
What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 3b173b51
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2011, 3:12 pm

240sxy wrote:
removed the illmotion shit.
replaced with a little homegrown
What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 3b173b51

like, and your shorter sig does make me happy
Back to top Go down
h22z1
Rank 2
Rank 2
h22z1

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 12:46 pm

anyone here ever swap out the failure prone h22 auto tensioner to a h23 manual tensioner? i bought everything necesaary to do it but before i do it i was hoping for some input from some one who has done it. Any personal experiences are preffered to diagrams.
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 2:09 pm

Advice? yeah replace worn H22 parts with new OEM Honda H22 stuff. They don't go all that often, and when the do they give lots of pre-warning. (assuming you pay attention to funny noises from your car)

My buddies H22 did the can of marbles thing when decelerating too, the best advice we could get was to just to put a new OEM parts back in. 4-5 years later no problems yet.

But if you already bought parts.
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229140

Back to top Go down
troyjule
Rank 4
Rank 4
troyjule

Number of posts : 398
Vehicle : BMW e46
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 2:42 pm

Mr. Heretic, I want to see pictures of your car with your new wheels.
Back to top Go down
h22z1
Rank 2
Rank 2
h22z1

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 4:18 pm

Heretic wrote:
Advice? yeah replace worn H22 parts with new OEM Honda H22 stuff. They don't go all that often, and when the do they give lots of pre-warning. (assuming you pay attention to funny noises from your car)

My buddies H22 did the can of marbles thing when decelerating too, the best advice we could get was to just to put a new OEM parts back in. 4-5 years later no problems yet.

fair enough but ya my timing belt has jumped 3 times now the belt is pretty much garbage now first time it jumped im sure it was because something fell in the timing belt cover second time im sure because of the tensioner just doesnt seem as tight as it should be even with adjusting it and a couple weeks ago it jumped again and im done with this auto tensioner. New belt and h23 manual tensioner is my way to fix this problem. However i have also decided tomorrow (thursday) i will be taking into cws tuning for cam to have fun with. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sleypr
Rank 4
Rank 4
Sleypr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 5:12 pm

Installed an AFE DryFlow intake system, Silver Billet TB spacer, and E3 spark plugs in the Cherokee today. Nice bump in power I must say affraid .... but lets see what the fuel economy does.
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 5:48 pm

troyjule wrote:

I haven't went and got tires yet. Sad Cars not ready or plated anyways. But I'm going to the SKdubs spring event on May 14, and I do plan on having them on for that. Are you attending? I assume Fountain tire will only need a week notice or so to get in a set of Federals in 195/45?

What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 1001257jx
Back to top Go down
troyjule
Rank 4
Rank 4
troyjule

Number of posts : 398
Vehicle : BMW e46
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 6:34 pm

I shall be there for sure. I missed out on last year's festivities so I wanna be cool and hip with the crowd again.
Back to top Go down
nguyen306
Rank 4
Rank 4
nguyen306

Number of posts : 396
Vehicle : Space Craft
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 11:24 pm

h22z1 wrote:
Heretic wrote:

fair enough but ya my timing belt has jumped 3 times now the belt is pretty much garbage now first time it jumped im sure it was because something fell in the timing belt cover second time im sure because of the tensioner just doesnt seem as tight as it should be even with adjusting it and a couple weeks ago it jumped again and im done with this auto tensioner. New belt and h23 manual tensioner is my way to fix this problem. However i have also decided tomorrow (thursday) i will be taking into cws tuning for cam to have fun with. Smile

beat me to it!, I was going to link him to the same site, I also have to swap out my auto tensioner for my manual ones, the h22 auto tensioners are popular for failing, and effing shit up!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 11:42 pm

Heretic wrote:
troyjule wrote:
But I'm going to the SKdubs spring event on May 14, and I do plan on having them on for that.

Im gunna have to be there! Cover the meet for Dodo and see your new wheels in action.
Back to top Go down
h22z1
Rank 2
Rank 2
h22z1

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2011, 4:14 pm

nguyen306 wrote:
h22z1 wrote:
Heretic wrote:

beat me to it!, I was going to link him to the same site, I also have to swap out my auto tensioner for my manual ones, the h22 auto tensioners are popular for failing, and effing shit up!! Evil or Very Mad

If you need i have an extra set of complete parts from an h23 i went and bought all new ones when a buddy of mine was parting out his h23 prelude. So everything is there but its used and the car had 360k i think dirt cheap like 50$
Back to top Go down
nguyen306
Rank 4
Rank 4
nguyen306

Number of posts : 396
Vehicle : Space Craft
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2011, 5:04 pm

if its the same dude, i already coped the manual tensioner and fuel rail with the injectors for like 30 bucks, I gotta get my H2B project going.. been slacking Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sleypr
Rank 4
Rank 4
Sleypr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2011, 9:13 pm

Heretic wrote:
troyjule wrote:

I haven't went and got tires yet. Sad Cars not ready or plated anyways. But I'm going to the SKdubs spring event on May 14, and I do plan on having them on for that. Are you attending? I assume Fountain tire will only need a week notice or so to get in a set of Federals in 195/45?

Just a heads up I'm not with Foutnain anymore. Go see the guys at the North Albert location if you want, tell them Shawn sent you. Can't vouch for pricing but they a pretty good guys to deal with.

BTW those wheels look hot!
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2011, 12:59 am

so i put on a garden lip ...... beak if you like but imo it looks hawt haha i also zipstitched my bumper back together . and put in a new knob and a wink mirror oh and lowerd it more if you havent seen it yet
What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 215380_10150565345770089_602795088_18182913_4533654_n
What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 208497_10150557962475089_602795088_18103973_5464870_n
What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 216740_10150565471470089_602795088_18184069_3968035_n
Back to top Go down
taylorvw
Rank 8
Rank 8
taylorvw

Number of posts : 1554
Vehicle : ce9a
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2011, 2:01 am

siickk

i found more reasons why not to ever take your motor to continental engine rebuilders.
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2011, 2:39 am

i honestly can't believe how good fucking garden trim looks on ek hondas haha
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2011, 10:26 am

lol does look pretty good
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2011, 12:11 pm

x2, and how much did it cost to make? lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your car today?
Page 6 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25 ... 44  Next