Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

15 year rule.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

15 year rule. Empty
PostSubject: 15 year rule.   15 year rule. Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2008, 11:11 pm

Was browsing importconcern.ca and read this, sounds like this 25 year rule might actually be in play very soon. I decided to take the 2 minutes and sign up.

Quote :
There has been much speculation over the past year about an amendment changing our 15 year rule to a 25 year rule. Transport Canada says that they are reviewing the idea of a rule change, however they have not set any specific date to start the legislative action. We at Import Concern strongly support free trade in Canada and feel that the current 15 year rule is unfairly restrictive and it serves only big business’ effort to monopolize our Canadian market with bland overpriced cars.

We would like to ask everyone who visits our website to sign up on the Imported Vehicle Owner’s Association of Canada’s (IVOAC) internet forum:

http://www.ivoac.ca

or

http://www.15years.ca

By registering a user account, you are showing your support for imported vehicles and consumer choice for vehicles in Canada. We encourage you to ask your friends and family to sign up and read the content, even if they choose not to post in the discussions. The IVOAC has become the most active organization for the fight against the 25 year rule amendment. We feel that the IVOAC has already delayed the rule change which may have already happened had some IVOAC members not joined the fight.

Import Concern Team!
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Admin
Admin
Nigel

Number of posts : 319
Vehicle : 1991 Honda Civic
Registration date : 2008-02-05

15 year rule. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15 year rule.   15 year rule. Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2008, 11:21 pm

Be shitty if that actually happens.
Back to top Go down
_....
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-03-16

15 year rule. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15 year rule.   15 year rule. Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2008, 11:27 pm

I doubt it will happen soon, nothing has changed since this time last year when I bought my 180. If it ever does happen it won't be for a while, remember this is the government we're talking about. Shouldn't even change, all these nay sayers that have never driven one think its unsafe, look at Europe or Japan they have both rhd and lhd drive and it works fine.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

15 year rule. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15 year rule.   15 year rule. Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2008, 11:34 pm

For their statistics I'm sure they are highlighting the accidents RHD's have been involved in, them causing the accident is an entire differnt thing. Honestly accidents are the reason these goverment companies such as SGI are around. so they should stop bitching.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

15 year rule. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15 year rule.   15 year rule. Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2008, 12:54 am

Bah! I think they discovered that those stats are flawed. It is not really the accidents that are the problem ,if it was they would make old people and new drivers stop driving. I am not saying that young people are bad drivers, but in Alberta they make it harder for them to drive, through insurance rates. (I know it is a stereotypes and I am just using it as an example) If it was accident rates than they would just raise our insurance. There seems to be more to this, I think.

Rhd were not issue until their popularity increased so they are trying to regulate the market. Think about it this way. When the popularity of importing cars from the U.S. increased last year they implemented new rules to restrict the importation of newer vehicles into Canada. Really it seems in either case it comes down to money, and there is probably some type backing from Canadian Business. Big business doesn't want us going else where to buy our cars but they don't want to charge less.

That is just my take on it. I know it seems far fetched but like Nisrix said they have been talking about this since before I bought my car and nothing has come to pass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

15 year rule. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15 year rule.   15 year rule. Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2008, 4:47 pm

Ah I didn't look at it that way, and it very well does make sense.

I could only imagine how upset the market would be over in Japan, they'd have all these cars that wont pass emmisions and have nowhere to go but into the ground.
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Admin
Admin
Nigel

Number of posts : 319
Vehicle : 1991 Honda Civic
Registration date : 2008-02-05

15 year rule. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15 year rule.   15 year rule. Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2008, 7:44 pm

The canadian auto market is losing tons of money to imported cars. Its why theyre making it harder to get new cars from the states and would be why theyd change the 15 year rule. People couldnt give a shit about safety when money's involved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

15 year rule. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15 year rule.   15 year rule. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

15 year rule.
Page 1 of 1