Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

future collectors

Go down 
+9
240sxy
Noops
Marshal
1eightySX
JHMED
DOOLHA
Moneypits
doom26464
jdm_itr
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 10:24 am

just was reading this artical and thought it was neet to see my car on there along with some others . do you guys think the cars we drive know will be as big as muscle cars are now in 20 -30 years time
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2009/09/68498782/1
Back to top Go down
doom26464
Rank 4
Rank 4
doom26464

Number of posts : 411
Vehicle : MR-2 GT, Civic SiR
Registration date : 2008-08-30

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 10:46 am

that is a horrible fucking list.

im sorry the CRX will not be a collectors they are everywhere and where desginded as a small fun fuel economy car.

type R maybe but even that car I doubt it as well. mass produced shitty corrolla GTS?? I don't fucking think so. Only one on that list is maybe the datsun.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 11:26 am

are you fuckin stupid.

lots of those cars will be collectors cars, integra type r had low production value. datsuns in general are hard as fuck to find in good condition. find me a fuckin corolla AE86 in mint shape.

just cause theres lots doesnt mean they wont be collectors cars back in the day all those muscle cars and chevelles and monte carlos etc were everywhere to there rare and collectors cars because finding one in good shape is hard. If in 30 years you can find a AE86 orginal or a datsun 510 with no rust and mint shape hells fuckin ya thatll be a collectors car.
Back to top Go down
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : schirting
Registration date : 2008-08-28

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 11:38 am

240's never will. Cause they are everywhere and stock they are ugly as fuck.
Back to top Go down
JHMED
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Vehicle : 88 ED8
Registration date : 2009-08-13

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 12:24 pm

doom26464 wrote:

im sorry the CRX will not be a collectors they are everywhere and where desginded as a small fun fuel economy car.

The CRX will be. It was a big milestone in Honda's history... I am suprised the Beat isn't on there.
CRX was one of the last fun economical cars around. Think about it. The new ones are all lame. EF's have so much potential. They rust out so badly too, it will be hard to find one in decent shape. You can probably count on one hand how many CRX's are in Regina. There are less than 5 nice ones. And I am not counting mine in that, because mine still needs a lot of work.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 12:30 pm

your right cam i dont agree with one word that doom said the type r is super rare they are a dieing breed there were under 200 produced in 99 alone and they were only sold in canada in 99 and i bealive the crx is also a rarish car to find that is in good shape and tons of people modified them in the early 90's and if you look at the muscle car era by stats cavaliers could be resored in the future
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 12:31 pm

this is jdm itr by the way
im sure ryan wouldnt support hondas lol
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 12:36 pm

JHMED wrote:
doom26464 wrote:

The CRX will be. It was a big milestone in Honda's history... I am suprised the Beat isn't on there.
CRX was one of the last fun economical cars around. Think about it. The new ones are all lame. EF's have so much potential. They rust out so badly too, it will be hard to find one in decent shape. You can probably count on one hand how many CRX's are in Regina. There are less than 5 nice ones. And I am not counting mine in that, because mine still needs a lot of work.

agreed. I can completely see the the CRX being on that list, it changed Honda.
And are you kidding me? the Corolla GTS not being a collectors car? Go sit in a corner. Try finding one, in good shape, that is under $6000. LHD or RHD. It is such a cult car. Its like a Datsun 510, a BMW 2002, a Porsche 911. They may not have been the best, but people love them.

The mustang or a Comaro were never meant to be classic cars, they were never meant for any greatness. They were cheap cars back then. Priced so that everyone could afford one. Almost like a CRX? Cars don't need to be a special model to be considered a collector's item. The people deside what is considered a collector's item

Cam's knows exactly what is up
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 2:04 pm

Why does everyone thionk the Crx is the greatest car honda ever made>>?? And its not A great achievement either..
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 2:29 pm

Noops H2 wrote:
Why does everyone thionk the Crx is the greatest car honda ever made>>?? And its not A great achievement either..

+1

if the crx was so great, why dont more people own one? if its such a collector car, why arnt people buying them for $800 right now to throw in their backyards.
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 2:33 pm

Everyone good has a crx.

They are soo cool they seem to be the topic of half of the threads on this site!
Back to top Go down
JHMED
Rank 4
Rank 4

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 3:35 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:
Everyone good has a crx.

They are soo cool they seem to be the topic of half of the threads on this site!

+1

But seriously. I just don't like when people bash the CRX, and undermine it. The NSX is far more superior, and looks so much cooler.

The reason more people don't drive the CRX is because,
A) Only 2 seats, not a family car.
B) Teenagers buy them, and destroy them.
C) They rust really badly in Canada.
In the United States, there are far more CRX's, but they suck with their door-mounted seatbelts.
They are bare bones, and such a light car. It has no successor.
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 3:40 pm

JHMED wrote:
Clint Eastwood wrote:
Everyone good has a crx.

+1

But seriously. I just don't like when people bash the CRX, and undermine it. The NSX is far more superior, and looks so much cooler.

In the United States, there are far more CRX's, but they suck with their door-mounted seatbelts.

I like Clints Crx! doesnt yours have backseats?
Back to top Go down
JHMED
Rank 4
Rank 4

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 3:56 pm

Noops H2 wrote:
JHMED wrote:
Clint Eastwood wrote:
Everyone good has a crx.

+1

I like Clints Crx! doesnt yours have backseats?

backseats only came in the JDM and EDM crx's. North America got shafted when it comes to CRX accessories. He should also have a light inbetween the sunvisors, I had to put one there in mine. Power windows and mirrors are another thing mine doesn't have, that his might.
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 3:59 pm

REALLY??
Back to top Go down
JHMED
Rank 4
Rank 4

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 4:51 pm

Noops H2 wrote:
REALLY??
Fo Real. I could pick out all the differences. =)
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 5:00 pm

My rex got all dem options, practically a luxury ride.
Back to top Go down
JHMED
Rank 4
Rank 4

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 5:30 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:
My rex got all dem options, practically a luxury ride.
But does it have a factory arm rest? =)
Back to top Go down
doom26464
Rank 4
Rank 4
doom26464

Number of posts : 411
Vehicle : MR-2 GT, Civic SiR
Registration date : 2008-08-30

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 10:33 pm

I stick by my statment.

sure the CRX is a fun car, enomical and performance well for such a cheap FWD car. But it by no means is anything special. And Don't think im just bashing the shit out of them I owned a b16 Rex for about a year.

I think better choice in cars would be rx-7 TT, mk4/mk3 supras, Mr-2, evo's, GT-R etc

something with actually performance too it, thats why muscle cars are worth so much. back in the 70/60's they offered alot of power for such a cheap price(keep in mind what alot of power in the 60's was and at the cost of them). also what determs the value of the car is what ppl are willing to pay for it.

Type R Im on the fence so I will leave that comment up in the air.
Back to top Go down
JHMED
Rank 4
Rank 4

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 10:50 pm

MR2 MK1 should be on there, if it isn't.
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 11:08 pm

I think thats a good point. Which cars do people pay the most for? ITR's a pretty expensive, Corolla's (rusty ones) are pretty expensive, GTRs, evos, and Supras are pretty expensive too.
Back to top Go down
JHMED
Rank 4
Rank 4

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 11:31 pm

BLACK wrote:
I think thats a good point. Which cars do people pay the most for? ITR's a pretty expensive, Corolla's (rusty ones) are pretty expensive, GTRs, evos, and Supras are pretty expensive too.
Price doesn't denote a collectible. Rarity is what truly does that.
CRX Exclusive, if there are any around, would fetch an insane price. Super rare car.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 11:35 pm

how many older dsms do you see on road these days, esp in really nice shape

but i think the type R DOES belong on that list.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2009, 12:29 am

i think its up to us that decides what is a collector car i drive a itr and love dc2's so i will garanty that when im old an retired i will probly have some sort of integra sitting in the garage same as my old man his first car was a 70 dodge challenger 440 r/t and i know he would kill to have a simular one in his garage he could take out to a&w and take a trip down memory lane
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2009, 12:42 am

First it says future collector cars.... so cars that will be collectors down the road. Now excluding the 25 year rule for something to be collector or whatever it is. GTRs, Supra and RX7 are already collectors in there own right. Those cars didn't need time to be considered awesome they were just born that way. The cars here are meant to be discussed like a fine wine... no good from the barrel to your mouth.... but let that shit shit for a few years and you got yourself something.

I mean things are going to change, you can't look at this like a muscle car guy cause that shit is all hinesight already. When you get old and your sitting around listening to the Boss sing about your Glory Days. You are going to think back to when you were young and you drove some sick Honda and how sentimental that makes you. Or you will think about the car that got you into cars and you go buy that.

I mean Japanese cars as classics is nothing new there are groups of people in Cali who love it. I mean I would be all over a 240Z. And the AE86 is pretty much already a classic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

future collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: future collectors   future collectors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

future collectors
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next