Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you guys want

Go down 
+12
corey
taylorvw
Rogue
Black
JHMED
Bjohnson
lu!$
1eightySX
jdm_itr
Golks
laynehipnumbertwo
L-Spec
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What are your thoughts about there being another forum after QCA goes?
I want a new forum
What do you guys want - Page 2 Vote_lcap61%What do you guys want - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 61% [ 17 ]
There shouldn't be a new forum
What do you guys want - Page 2 Vote_lcap36%What do you guys want - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 36% [ 10 ]
I don't care
What do you guys want - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%What do you guys want - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 28

AuthorMessage
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

What do you guys want - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you guys want   What do you guys want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2009, 8:52 am

jdm_itr wrote:
first off lucky if qca stinks the why did you come back ?
i think this site is good the way it is and everyone should stop bitching and corey should man up and leave it the way it is

I never really "came back". Like I've said in previous posts, I read content on QCA before class and that I don't really care about the fate of the forum. I'm STILL not as active as I use to be and I don't get as involved as I used to be. I merely make posts that probably don't even need to be made and I go on my way. The only reason I made another forum was because no one was stepping up and people still wanted a forum to post and stuff. As for me thinking QCA stinks, I was only being sarcastic. The current admin thinks that and I'm just conforming because it's useless to think otherwise (sarcasm again).

raboyto2 wrote:
theres going to be alot of content lost. lots of good reading.

does this new forum cost you money lucky?

I agree, but how often do people go back and re-read old threads anyway? If you want, I can make an archive of the best threads on QCA and it'll have its own section to be read at any given time for your convenience Razz

Also, no, this new forum doesn't cost me money. Again, NO, it doesn't cost me money. Extra features like live chat will cost money, but as a basic forum, it doesn't cost anything. Besides, if anything were to happen like we had too much bandwidth and they did want to charge money, I'm sure no one would give a damn about ads here and there and with the traffic, we would easily fight any sort of finincial need that would exist. As of now though, NO, the new forum does not cost any money. If I wanted to leave as admin and say fuck y'all, I basically could and you would still have a forum.

jdm_itr wrote:
the new site is gunna have the same people and same drama why not just take over this one and moderate it ?
The moderation tools here and on the new forum are pretty different. People just suggest moderating this place like its easy, but there are certain properties that don't exist. I don't know if you're going to even know what I'm talking about, but I'm pretty sure this forum is phpBB based, where the other one is phpBB3 based. Have you noticed how people get banned and just come back minutes later here? Have you noticed why I stopped being a moderator? If you really want to stay here, then do it.
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys want   What do you guys want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2009, 11:39 am

like delete post and ban user and ban ip range?
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys want   What do you guys want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2009, 11:41 am

Soup for mod.
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys want   What do you guys want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2009, 11:46 am

we can even do word sensoring. fuck becomes balogna, shit becomes bum tickles, ass becomes gluteous maximus

I like the admin tools on phpbb3. However, that being said, why don't the moderators start moderating with what they have, try and turn qca around. You cant be friends with everyone. If someone bitches cause you deleted their post, so what, they over stepped their boundries and posted something out of line.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys want   What do you guys want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2009, 11:48 am

That'll be way of the future.
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys want   What do you guys want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2009, 11:51 am

just keep the site corey. Become a hard ass mod. if someone doesn't like it tough titties
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys want   What do you guys want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2009, 11:53 am

SoupGTR wrote:
we can even do word sensoring. fuck becomes balogna, shit becomes bum tickles, ass becomes gluteous maximus

I like the admin tools on phpbb3. However, that being said, why don't the moderators start moderating with what they have, try and turn qca around. You cant be friends with everyone. If someone bitches cause you deleted their post, so what, they over stepped their boundries and posted something out of line.

Word censoring is absolutely hilarious on some forums.

I like the admin tools on phpbb3 as well, and is why I would rather not take over this forum. It's like rounding up sheep when you don't even have anywhere to put them.

It's not hard to moderate by any means, but it's just extremely frustrating without the right tools. I think that was the thing that pushed Corey over the edge. It's true that you can't make everyone happy, but when they aren't happy, they let you know it. To some that isn't a big problem, but I can definitely see how Corey would sick of it after awhile. Either way, the forum lives on a bit longer and we'll see how it goes. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys want   What do you guys want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2009, 11:56 am

SoupGTR wrote:

No kidding.
I think some of the problems we've had stem from people thinking that because we're all for the most part friendly/friends, and we have an odd sense of entitlement that it's okay if we bash a noob, or become belligerent.

This puts corey and the other mods in a tough spot because you don't want to call out your friend for crossing the line. At the same time though if we want this place to be successful sometimes the mods will have to step in.

If you have a problem with a mod changing/deleting a post/thread, instead of making a new bash thread pm the mod to ask why your post was deleted, or edited to find out what you did wrong and don't do it again!

The mods are there to keep things in line, and won't single out certain people for no reason. Basically just as soup said.
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys want   What do you guys want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2009, 11:59 am

BLACK wrote:

The mods are there to keep things in line, and won't single out certain people for no reason. Basically just as soup said.

The sad thing is that maybe only 10% of the population here acknowledges this. I hope everyone can just get their shit together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys want   What do you guys want - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you guys want
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2