Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A&W cruise night this friday

Go down 
+11
Earlface
laynehip
JSharp
Moneypits
Rob
jdm_itr
1eightySX
240sxy
Thai-kun
Marshal
megapixels
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

A&W cruise night this friday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 2:22 am

Mr.Practical wrote:
Moneypits wrote:
yes ryan i did suprisingly cause im drunk as fuck.

and supra, i dont give a fuck how much their paint is worth, just cause they spent alot of money doesnt mean they get to be total douche bags to everyone.

the no replacement for displacement is funny tho, half there cars would get raped by a third the displacement.

I painted my car in my garage, and I still get pissed when people lean against it, or touch it with their hands. fuck, its not your car, don't touch it.
When you spend time working on something trying to get it to be jsut how you want it, or to the best of your ability, you don't want to take any chances.
I don;t let my white car sit outside when it rains.
Anal? most definately, but its something I've spent 4 years trying to get it the way I want it.
I can respect their philosophy though.
A TRUE enthusisiast wil lrespect any car, aslong as the owner put time/money into getting it to how they want it, and the owner isn;t a tool.
Most of us aren;t true enthusiasts, most of us have the "I'm better than you" mentality. I've done it more than once on any given night. Some tool in a mustang(not you supra) pulls up beside me, and kinda laughs to himself, instantly, right then and there, red flag, this guy is a chump with a tiny dick. that stereotype pops into my head.
But if a guy with a mustang pulls up, gives me a thumbs up, he'll get one in return, regardless of his car.
I made an effort to give the thumbs up to some guy in a heavily modified STI today. and it was the one with the ugly headlights. I can respect the time and effort that went into it.
I think more of us need to work on that mentality

wtf i never fuckin touched his car i looked at it with my eyes.

and i agree with you i respect all cars unless they prove otherwise tho. cept riced out cavaliers sorry but cmonnnnn
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 2:28 am

Mr.Practical wrote:
Moneypits wrote:
yes ryan i did suprisingly cause im drunk as fuck.

and supra, i dont give a fuck how much their paint is worth, just cause they spent alot of money doesnt mean they get to be total douche bags to everyone.

the no replacement for displacement is funny tho, half there cars would get raped by a third the displacement.

I painted my car in my garage, and I still get pissed when people lean against it, or touch it with their hands. fuck, its not your car, don't touch it.
When you spend time working on something trying to get it to be jsut how you want it, or to the best of your ability, you don't want to take any chances.
I don;t let my white car sit outside when it rains.
Anal? most definately, but its something I've spent 4 years trying to get it the way I want it.
I can respect their philosophy though.
A TRUE enthusisiast wil lrespect any car, aslong as the owner put time/money into getting it to how they want it, and the owner isn;t a tool.
Most of us aren;t true enthusiasts, most of us have the "I'm better than you" mentality. I've done it more than once on any given night. Some tool in a mustang(not you supra) pulls up beside me, and kinda laughs to himself, instantly, right then and there, red flag, this guy is a chump with a tiny dick. that stereotype pops into my head.
But if a guy with a mustang pulls up, gives me a thumbs up, he'll get one in return, regardless of his car.
I made an effort to give the thumbs up to some guy in a heavily modified STI today. and it was the one with the ugly headlights. I can respect the time and effort that went into it.
I think more of us need to work on that mentality

I totally agree and thats not because im smashed
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 2:29 am

I never implied you touched his car at all.
I was stating that I hate when peopel lean on my car. whether they are looking into the engine and lean on the fenders, or they just touch my paint to feel it.
I know it looks smooth, i know that someone out there can do better, but unless I ask someone to feel my paint, do not touch it.
That was not implied at you in anyway Camjohns
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 2:30 am

ok?

back on topic

cool cars but disrespectful guys
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 2:33 am

i always give thumbs up to people, regardless of the make, porsches/old chevys/bikes

anything that looks like time and effort went into it, i can always appreciate real enthusiasts

the people who just buy a car and dont really know shit i could care less about
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 2:36 am

i agree nothing against the cars and the hobby i just wish the 50 year old muscle heads or the rich easters and there lambos and ferraris would respect kids IF they put wrench time into the car. and repsect the japanese cars
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 2:37 am

just roll around with no hood
Or don't burn so much oil
Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 2:43 am

240sxy wrote:
just roll around with no hood
Or don't burn so much oil
Thumbs Up

haha true thing bout the oil. although after seal rejuvinator seems to have fixed it havent burned oil yet.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 4:12 am

you know marshal,

if you edit one of my posts again, im punching your white car.

right in the paint

no joke.
Back to top Go down
megapixels
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 7:28 am

If you came and hung out with the A&W muscle guys, you would find a couple of sub 11 second honda guys that hang out all the time, a few srt guys that run between the 10 and 12 second catagory, turbo's on almost anything and even a mazda truck that is in the 12's. So I am not sure where the no replacement for displacement attitude is or where you are coming from where they give you the cold shoulder. Have you ever tried? I'm around and I try never to give anyone that impression, although sometimes I am distracted and may lack a little intrest just because my mind is on other things.

But it is poor attitde that limits the size of shows or poor auto scene in any auto category. I go to the drag strip, I go to kings park speedway, I try and go to any local car cruise,event,show and shine if I am around or available. I have been to both auto x and drifting events this year as a spectator, and hopefully enter in them near the end of the season.
But you cannot fault a enthusiast for being passionate for one particular aspect of the auto world as I do not fault anyone here or in other enviroments, that is why I post up any event that could include anyone no matter what the make or style of vehicle or age group. I like to see all kinds, otherwise it get's boring looking at the same 12 vehicles that are the same make and stance with different paint. You want respect in your scene, you have to earn it in anything in this world, they don't hand it to you with the purchase of a vehicle or a part. It's showing up to events and wrench time that earns it.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 10:29 am

You are right.
I am sick of looking at all these s13's.
Lets make an effort to go to the cruise night.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 10:35 am

Mr.Practical wrote:

I am sick of looking at all these s13's.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
toddler
Rank 5
Rank 5
toddler

Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 1:58 pm

so are we all going out to them now and introducing our scence? I still think it won't go well but nothing hurts trying to and see what positive responce we get from them I totally agree with that it seems to be the same cars at all the shows and events there needs to be new cars at these places. not saying that the cars that are crappy to see but with getting boring i see where your coming from.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 6:18 pm

i might go
Back to top Go down
Gee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2009, 6:21 pm

If it's nice out later i'll probably bring out my sprint Razz.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2009, 6:37 pm

did anyone go?
I wanted to, but had prior commitments
Back to top Go down
JSharp
Rank 8
Rank 8
JSharp

Number of posts : 1577
Vehicle : 2002 Yamaha R1, 2003 Nissan 350z, 2005 Yamaha R6
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2009, 9:23 pm

Mr.Practical wrote:
did anyone go?
I wanted to, but had prior commitments

you talk weird
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A&W cruise night this friday   A&W cruise night this friday - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A&W cruise night this friday
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2