Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car Empty
PostSubject: question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car   question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2009, 2:57 pm

I was thinking that now since the engine is coming and i realized the old rad wont quit fit the new engines hoses i need to get a new rad. however this car will be usually used as a DD and sometimes AutoX this year. Not sure if i would really have to get a full size one or just a bigger half size. Not sure how much i will be pushing the car as im not really experienced. Money is a bit of an issue. Please advise guys... those that do the Auto X what you think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car   question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2009, 4:18 pm

You'll more than likely be good with a factory siezed rad. I highly doubt you will need a full-sized aluminum one.
Maybe spring for the bigger half-sized one. I can't imagine it costing alot of money
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

PostSubject: Re: question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car   question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2009, 4:21 pm

Marshal wrote:
You'll more than likely be good with a factory siezed rad. I highly doubt you will need a full-sized aluminum one.
Maybe spring for the bigger half-sized one. I can't imagine it costing alot of money
i read about half size dual core. not sure what the dual core thing is but i cant find much about it. im still researching.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car   question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2009, 4:32 pm

the bigger you go, the more weight you carry. and its all infront of the front axle.
Your car doesn't generate alot of heat during an autoX. Its only like 2 minutes. Most people just use a factory one.
let us know what you come up with
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

PostSubject: Re: question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car   question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2009, 4:58 pm

yeah ill see what good price i can find around... thanks i let you know what i end up with
Back to top Go down
Kalashnikov
Rank 2
Rank 2
Kalashnikov

Number of posts : 81
Vehicle : 1993 RX7(FD3S)
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car   question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2009, 5:41 pm

dude, just use a stock integra one,it should fit nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwag.ca
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

PostSubject: Re: question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car   question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2009, 7:35 pm

Kalashnikov wrote:
dude, just use a stock integra one,it should fit nice.
engine swaps dont come with rad, i wish i could use the stock one that is in the car but the hose inlet/outlet are too small for the b series hoses...
Back to top Go down
cuonger69
Rank 4
Rank 4
cuonger69

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car   question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2009, 11:47 pm

tighten them with hose clamps or cut a piece of your stock one and slide it into the b series one.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car   question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 2:23 am

hey i have a stock integra rad kickin around in my garage ill sell it for cheap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car   question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question on what rad applies better for DD/AutoX car
Page 1 of 1