Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need Help with my brakes!!

Go down 
+2
playboyz28
CamJohns122
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Need Help with my brakes!! Empty
PostSubject: Need Help with my brakes!!   Need Help with my brakes!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2008, 12:24 pm

Aight so i just ordered new brake rotors and pads for the rear on my hatch. Now my parking brake only engages one wheel and not both does anyone know which part could be failing or need replacing.
Back to top Go down
playboyz28
Rank 4
Rank 4
playboyz28

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Snap-On Tool Truck
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with my brakes!!   Need Help with my brakes!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2008, 1:39 pm

caliper or brake cylinder might be seized. Sometimes water gets into the e-brake cable and seizes that too.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with my brakes!!   Need Help with my brakes!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2008, 2:13 pm

I thought the caliper was seperate from the ebrake assembly, anyone know of a place that can rebuild calipers etc. or a good cheap brake place or person who can just take a look at it first to tell me what the problem could be? Just trying to narrow it down so i can fix it before my safety
Back to top Go down
playboyz28
Rank 4
Rank 4
playboyz28

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with my brakes!!   Need Help with my brakes!! Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2008, 10:15 am

CamJohns122 wrote:
Aight so i just ordered new brake rotors and pads for the rear on my hatch. Now my parking brake only engages one wheel and not both does anyone know which part could be failing or need replacing.

cam, if both your brakes work on the rear, but only one e-brake side works, more than likely the cable on that size is seized. jack the both sides up, get 2 buddies to spin the tires, theb step on the brake, if both wheels stop moving. Your hydraulic brake system is good.
Now do the same thing with your buddies, spin the wheels, then pull the e-brake, the wheel that doesnt stop, or has problems stopping, probably has the bad or seized e-brake cable. Smile

Some food for thought
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with my brakes!!   Need Help with my brakes!! Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2008, 3:12 pm

playboyz28 wrote:
CamJohns122 wrote:

cam, if both your brakes work on the rear, but only one e-brake side works, more than likely the cable on that size is seized. jack the both sides up, get 2 buddies to spin the tires, theb step on the brake, if both wheels stop moving. Your hydraulic brake system is good.
Now do the same thing with your buddies, spin the wheels, then pull the e-brake, the wheel that doesnt stop, or has problems stopping, probably has the bad or seized e-brake cable. Smile

Some food for thought

all my 240's only locked up one wheel too, its kind of stupid. Sleep
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with my brakes!!   Need Help with my brakes!! Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2008, 10:02 pm

Yeah well it doesnt bother me i dont use ebrake like ever its that it wont pass the saftey without the whole ebrake assembly being tip top
Back to top Go down
playboyz28
Rank 4
Rank 4
playboyz28

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with my brakes!!   Need Help with my brakes!! Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2008, 2:14 am

CamJohns122 wrote:
Yeah well it doesnt bother me i dont use ebrake like ever its that it wont pass the saftey without the whole ebrake assembly being tip top

need good e-brakes for drifiting..Smile Right Adrian?
Back to top Go down
Justin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 363
Vehicle : 00' GSR
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with my brakes!!   Need Help with my brakes!! Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2008, 2:24 pm

I need new e-brake stuff from dirfting too much.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with my brakes!!   Need Help with my brakes!! Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2008, 2:50 pm

Lol fuck ebrake drifting, after owning a RWD vehicle i could never degrade myself and pull my ebrake lol its a parking brake not a drfiting brake lol, besides we all know in FWD its not drifting its uncontrolled Sliding
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with my brakes!!   Need Help with my brakes!! Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2008, 3:22 pm

Come on, Keiichi Tsuchiya says even he has to use the e brake sometimes, I think he would know as he wrote the book on it (DVD). Anyway, what is the deal with front wheel drive cars talking about going drifting? Maybe one day I will have to learn how to and quite being such a poser, but first I will need to get rid of HiCAS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Justin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 363
Vehicle : 00' GSR
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with my brakes!!   Need Help with my brakes!! Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2008, 4:23 pm

drifting, sliding.. whatever. if you want to do it an a FWD it's what you have to do (pull ebrake), was a week or two that I did it non-stop that's why I need work.
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with my brakes!!   Need Help with my brakes!! Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2008, 5:03 pm

i hate how people in front wheel cars call it "drifting" when its not. i drive a FWD car but i dont pull the ebrake because whats the point.. if its not drifting , then why do it.

like go slide on some ice, or really wet pavement but dont call it drifting.

BUT BACK ON TOPIC! Razz
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with my brakes!!   Need Help with my brakes!! Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2008, 5:06 pm

Yes please lol cause i really need it done cause as far as im aware the e brake has to work in both wheels for a safety to pass
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with my brakes!!   Need Help with my brakes!! Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2008, 5:19 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:
Lol fuck ebrake drifting, after owning a RWD vehicle i could never degrade myself and pull my ebrake lol its a parking brake not a drfiting brake lol, besides we all know in FWD its not drifting its uncontrolled Sliding

*insert degrading shameful face slap here*
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with my brakes!!   Need Help with my brakes!! Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2008, 8:17 pm

slapping me?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with my brakes!!   Need Help with my brakes!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Help with my brakes!!
Page 1 of 1