Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?

Go down 
+12
1eightySX
Gee
Piett
SteveK
Fuckbag
lu!$
raboyto2
kriS13
Thai-kun
Marshal
dr.dub
CamJohns122
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2008, 4:43 pm

Well ive been in contact with an editor for Modified Mag about featuring some canadian cars specifically cars from unheard of places like saskatchewan lol.

The magazine is about japanese sport compacts so sadly no euro or domestic at least not what hes interested in, he looked at CWS's work but they dont feature euro so he shut that down.

If anyone does wanna be featured PM me and i can pass along his email, or send me a spec list and couple pics and ill pass em along.

Who knows maybe youll get a call for an interview
Back to top Go down
dr.dub
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2008, 6:46 pm

that laidlaw kid doesn't own that magazine anymore does he? I think most people on this forum need to spend another 5-10,000 before they hit a quality magazine level.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2008, 7:09 pm

look at most of those cars in that magazine, almost all of them are less than perfect. swirls here, hoods don't line up with fenders, stains on the interior.
Its a great magazine and I hope someone here snaps up this oppertunity. But I agree with Dr.Dub, most cars here aren't worth it. Sorry guys. Now Cam, what you need to do is call up European Car haha.
Back to top Go down
Thai-kun
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 810
Vehicle : 2000 Honda S2000 [AP1]
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2008, 8:08 pm

if only my Supra looked good enough lol
Back to top Go down
kriS13
Rank 2
Rank 2
kriS13

Number of posts : 83
Vehicle : '91 S13 / '93 R33
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2008, 8:36 pm

FlyingBrick wrote:
look at most of those cars in that magazine, almost all of them are less than perfect. swirls here, hoods don't line up with fenders, stains on the interior.

I don't know if you have noticed or read Modified Mag, but their main focus is performance. You don't need a nice car to be in a magazine. Sure it helps, but if you look at a lot of the cars, they look nice, but may still be stock bodies or very mildly styled. So I, in a sense, agree with you, but like dr.dub said, most of the people on here need to spend some more money and up the quality of more than just the appearance of their car. You won't find a "less than perfect" car with a near stock engine or chassis in magazines...unless it's some shoddy magazine no one has heard of from the deep south where molding as much random stuff to your car is cool. Half the cars in tuner magazines are track cars, which like a magazine, they care more about performance than appearance.

To be honest, there are some cars in Regina that are magazine worthy, maybe even a couple on the board, I don't know for sure, but most everyone on here needs to put a decent amount more money into their car before being taken seriously and getting into a magazine. Your best bet of getting into a magazine around here is getting in the readers ride section, where they have a few cars per page and tell a little about it.

That's my two cents.

And no, Laidlaw sold to Primidia Publishing, which I'm not sure if they changed their name or were also bought out, but is now a Source Interlink Media publication. All I know is, I think Mr. Laidlaw made some decent coin selling his magazine to one of the top magazine publishers. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dr.dub
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 378

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2008, 9:59 pm

well put kris. I don't think alot of people understand what $10,000 into engine upgrades do. I understand alot of the kids on here are young and don't have lots of money but at the same time. alot of the guys on here will probally get out of cars and not mod nearly as much when it comes time to step it up. all my friends that were into bodykits and intakes and exhaust systems back in the day now all drive new cars with a chip and exhaust. it's just a cycle and takes alot of money to play with the big boys.
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2008, 10:51 pm

dr.dub wrote:
..... to play with the big boys.

im sorry but this is what comes to mind

Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? IMG_0538
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 12:55 am

I didnt garuntee anything i just said its a possibility aint it worth a try?

Besides readers ride is still pretty darn sweet
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 1:03 am

there is in fact s few cars in this city that could deserve to be in this magazine... not as much as the othe ones that they always show in the magazine, but they are almost there. I know a silver rx7 and a prelude. also in sktoon i believe there is far more cars, for what i've heard anyways. they are sometimes cruising on 8th street where they race and no a single cop ever says anything. well, there are some exeptions.... this guys with these "super cars" (super in saskatchewan) prbly dont know about this site, which really suck. IMO I see lots of you guys know ppl that are not in the site, which is ok, but they'd be rather better if we could all have all here, at least the majority.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
Fuckbag
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 1:45 pm

has anyone on this site even got a semi decent car, that isnt just rims and muffler or a pre modded jdm import?
Back to top Go down
SteveK
Rank 5
Rank 5
SteveK

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 2:17 pm

Drugdealer wrote:
has anyone on this site even got a semi decent car, that isnt just rims and muffler or a pre modded jdm import?

well...my integra has an intake.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 2:29 pm

I'd say bobbys GTR would be good for the mag Smile
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 2:34 pm

Id say Ghoti's silvia also, and some of the other cars once their finished like coreys 240 sounds like itll be sweet, i really like adrians 180 to dunno if its pretty close to stock or not but its really nice
Back to top Go down
Gee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 2:47 pm

dr.dub wrote:
I don't think alot of people understand what $10,000 into engine upgrades do.
Still puts you behind vipers and V8's zing!
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 3:39 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:
Id say Ghoti's silvia also, and some of the other cars once their finished like coreys 240 sounds like itll be sweet, i really like adrians 180 to dunno if its pretty close to stock or not but its really nice

What says stock about Adrian's car? the 18's, the ride height, the aftermarket kit? Or is it the cams , tuned ecu and upgraded turbo and front mount intercooler. I guess the carbon fiber hatch might lead someone to think that it is pretty close to stock.. not to mention all the other bolt ons that we don't care to count. Probe Silvia is more of a back in the day segment. Lucky borders on worthy coverage depending on which magazine and what they want to cover. But really like Dr. Dub said no one here is really above average, the only thing that might remotely intrigue a magazine is all the imported RHD and even that is pushing it, and cthey could get more of that in B.C, with a greater variety of cars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
phoez
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1337
Vehicle : nokia + xj

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 4:24 pm

craigs ef. wait he isnt on this forum.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 5:16 pm

Gee wrote:
dr.dub wrote:
I don't think alot of people understand what $10,000 into engine upgrades do.
Still puts you behind vipers and V8's zing!

Let's not discuss the merrit of the viper. I think he ment that 10 g's into a regular car engine will gain you some attention., especially if it is uncommon. I'm sure you kew waht he was getting at but yah.
Back to top Go down
mr.bellamy
Rank 3
Rank 3
mr.bellamy

Number of posts : 125
Vehicle : 2000 Black Integra
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 5:18 pm

Type R? Razz haha honestly why is everyone making a big deal out of this.... i say sign me up i dont care if i didnt put $10,000 into my car, I still like my car enough to show it off, even if its in readers rides.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 6:42 pm

if it was just the reader's ride section, hell, lots of cars on here are on par with what shows up on there. I was under the impression this was a featured car oppertunity..
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 6:59 pm

mr.bellamy wrote:
Type R? Razz haha honestly why is everyone making a big deal out of this.... i say sign me up i dont care if i didnt put $10,000 into my car, I still like my car enough to show it off, even if its in readers rides.

It is not that we are all being Ogres and hiding are our cars away under bridges from peering eyes. It was more the question of it was legit and if the cars would even remotely qualify. Chances are if it was a segment on cars in remote areas they would have everybody meet together and you would maybe get a one line blurb about you and your auto.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 8:00 pm

Its not i just suggested they feature some rides from regina and he said go ahead and find me some people and ill look into it

quit with the beak show
Back to top Go down
taylorvw
Rank 8
Rank 8
taylorvw

Number of posts : 1554
Vehicle : ce9a
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 8:02 pm

in super street they featured a daytona blue 240sx in readers rides. it was up for sale a bit ago its boosted.. thats it. now you look in there and there still listing fucking cavaliers and neons(not srt's). The whole point of readers rides is to actually see what the average joe reading the magazine drives. $10k or not its still a car someone has put money into at some point.
Back to top Go down
phoez
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 8:44 pm

who remembers the sweet blue festiva that was in sport compact car
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 8:51 pm

Cam's Fastiva?
Back to top Go down
phoez
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 8:55 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:
Cam's Fastiva?

the supercharged one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?   Anyone wanna be featured in a mag? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone wanna be featured in a mag?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next