Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

layne. wanna buy a bike?

Go down 
+4
Noops
Dot.
laynehip
dr.goertz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
dr.goertz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-05-28

layne. wanna buy a bike? Empty
PostSubject: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2009, 3:07 pm

hey layne. i thought we could start off our friendship with you buying my bike. its an 04 GT jamie bestwick signature.. beautiful burnt orange frame, good weight, orig in good condition. tripple wall rims perfect condition. no scratches on the frame. seat is kinda torn in the back. three piece cranks. GT 1/8th inch poke pedals. standard rigid fork. havnt even cut the handlebars down.

i just dont bike anymore and i cant see myself becoming good anymore. lemme know.. fuck pm's also.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2009, 5:35 pm

dr.goertz wrote:
hey layne. i thought we could start off our friendship with you buying my bike. its an 04 GT jamie bestwick signature.. beautiful burnt orange frame, good weight, orig in good condition. tripple wall rims perfect condition. no scratches on the frame. seat is kinda torn in the back. three piece cranks. GT 1/8th inch poke pedals. standard rigid fork. havnt even cut the handlebars down.

i just dont bike anymore and i cant see myself becoming good anymore. lemme know.. fuck pm's also.

pictures?????
Back to top Go down
Dot.
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2009, 7:09 pm

Anyone else on here ride? I use to have a 05 Fit Flow so dialed, I miss riding so much...
Back to top Go down
dr.goertz
Rank 2
Rank 2

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2009, 11:39 am

actually layne. if you teach me how to be good again i might just keep the bike? used to be able to do 180's with rideouts. manual for a good block, hop about 3 feet. and be smooth. but now.. im shitty.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2009, 12:25 pm

dr.goertz wrote:
actually layne. if you teach me how to be good again i might just keep the bike? used to be able to do 180's with rideouts. manual for a good block, hop about 3 feet. and be smooth. but now.. im shitty.
haha im shitty now too
dreams of being a trader have tooken over my life and now all i can do is mile long sliders.

however take off your brakes, slam your seat and buy the widest bars you can.

Back to top Go down
Dot.
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2009, 1:31 pm

laynehip wrote:
dr.goertz wrote:
haha im shitty now too
dreams of being a trader have tooken over my life and now all i can do is mile long sliders.

however take off your brakes, slam your seat and buy the widest bars you can.

Smallest gearing or no gearing is a must as well. You know bmx scene street cred Laughing

I always loved the tabeless fit flow frames. I had a macneil heaton for awhile with fly brakes and then went tabless and that was the best choice I ever made.
Back to top Go down
dr.goertz
Rank 2
Rank 2

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2009, 5:50 pm

teach me that!!!
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2009, 6:49 pm

got_rice_? wrote:

Smallest gearing or no gearing is a must as well. You know bmx scene street cred Laughing

Hey i have 23-9
its not like i am at 22-8(although i would be in a second if they made freecoasters with 8 tooth drivers)
also plastic pedals and colorzzz!!!

layne. wanna buy a bike? 3411962562_de659866f0

dr.goertz wrote:
teach me that!!!
its actually not that hard
sliding down the whole huge ramp thing behind center of the arts was my greatest accomplishment

its on film on my neighbours computer and one day i shall receive it
Back to top Go down
Dot.
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2009, 6:56 pm

laynehip wrote:
got_rice_? wrote:

Hey i have 23-9
its not like i am at 22-8(although i would be in a second if they made freecoasters with 8 tooth drivers)
also plastic pedals and colorzzz!!!

layne. wanna buy a bike? 3411962562_de659866f0

dr.goertz wrote:
teach me that!!!
its actually not that hard
sliding down the whole huge ramp thing behind center of the arts was my greatest accomplishment

its on film on my neighbours computer and one day i shall receive it

I LOVE it!!!

I always ran a damn cassette (28-10) but never went freecoaster cause I spent so much on my Knight TI Driver, damn pricey TI parts Evil or Very Mad

As for plastic pedals they would have been nice, shin stitches just aren't fun after the 3rd or 4th time haha. Take it your running the Odyssey's??

When I rode I had S&M Dive's but had them cut down so far and never bothered getting some Lumberjacks or anything, i rode my friends 21" Fit S3 with Lumberjacks and I loved it and my manuals were instantly better for sure.

layne. wanna buy a bike? Picture304427960
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2009, 7:09 pm

haha i used to have a macneil heaton and an s3!

Heres the s3
layne. wanna buy a bike? Donovanbraceface110

and the heaton
years and years and years ago with a 10 pound fit sprocket and like 19 inch bars haha
layne. wanna buy a bike? Whodoesntlikechocolate009-1
Back to top Go down
Dot.
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2009, 7:27 pm

laynehip wrote:
haha i used to have a macneil heaton and an s3!

Heres the s3
layne. wanna buy a bike? Donovanbraceface110

and the heaton
years and years and years ago with a 10 pound fit sprocket and like 19 inch bars haha

mmm s3!

If I get back into riding I am going to get at least a 21" TT this time or even 21.5". I am 6'3 and rode a 20" heaton then my 20.75" Flow... Could explain why my back is effed haha.

But as for riding again if I do it is most definitely going long TT and big bars!
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2009, 7:38 pm

its like a completly different language lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Bjohnson

Number of posts : 1871
Vehicle : 2001 Honda S2000
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2009, 8:08 pm

wow i want a bmx, im stuck in the 26" tire world Sad
Back to top Go down
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

Number of posts : 1074

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2009, 12:32 am

laynehip wrote:

I loved that bike soooooo much! COPS HATE FAT BALD MEN!
Back to top Go down
JHMED
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Vehicle : 88 ED8
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2009, 11:14 pm

Bjohnson wrote:
wow i want a bmx, im stuck in the 26" tire world Sad

hopefully i can take a picture of mine soon, to show everyone what is for sale...
i've been back and forth on selling it for a while. i can post pics of the frame and forks..

layne. wanna buy a bike? Kuwahara

kuwahara chrome something. i forget the name... its pretty light.

i'll post pics one day...
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 12:20 am

i sold my 1982 kuwahara frame/forks/handlebars couple years ago. got 150 bucks for it.
Back to top Go down
JHMED
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 12:25 am

Supra wrote:
i sold my 1982 kuwahara frame/forks/handlebars couple years ago. got 150 bucks for it.
the same frame+forks?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 12:38 am

JHMED wrote:
Supra wrote:
the same frame+forks?

looked identicle to this. it was an 82 or 83. not 100% sure on the year

layne. wanna buy a bike? Trevs_Kuwa_Web

the bike was stupidly light (esp compared to my Redline). chromoly everything, hollow 1 piece crank, single wall rims, aluminum sprocket
Back to top Go down
Dot.
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 2:13 am

Pfttt, Get TI parts or go home!!
Back to top Go down
JHMED
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 2:18 am

got_rice_? wrote:
Pfttt, Get TI parts or go home!!

oldskool with mah GT parts.

I seriously know nothing about BMX. I tried, and gave up.
Back to top Go down
Dot.
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 11:21 pm

Hey Layne, happen to know of any decent bikes for sale (fit,s&m,mutiny,sunday,kink)??? Must be on the lighter side and preferably a cassette or freecoaster set up.
Back to top Go down
dr.goertz
Rank 2
Rank 2

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2009, 2:21 am

i know a guy selling a WETHEPEOPLE primate. sick bike.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2009, 12:16 pm

got_rice_? wrote:
Hey Layne, happen to know of any decent bikes for sale (fit,s&m,mutiny,sunday,kink)??? Must be on the lighter side and preferably a cassette or freecoaster set up.
Fit makes the nicest complete for the money. But you might want to look into a company called stolen. They make nice high quality completes for a decent price and you can get one with a freecoaster. And since there is like 3 freecoasters on the market that isn't for flatland(3/8ths axle) and all 3 have the same internals and are the same price (around 250), you might be better off buying a complete with an FC. However beware, I go through a freecoaster every 6 months. The driver bearings explode and if you don't do regular maintenance you'll have a 250 dollar paper weight. The design I guess is inherently flaud and it eats driver bearings for breakfast. And any other design that claims to be coming out (shadow is apparantly coming out with one but its been like 3 years since they said that) won't be out forever and will be mega expensive. but freecoasters are the best. I could never go back to a cassette.
Back to top Go down
Dot.
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2009, 3:03 pm

laynehip wrote:
got_rice_? wrote:
Fit makes the nicest complete for the money. But you might want to look into a company called stolen. They make nice high quality completes for a decent price and you can get one with a freecoaster. And since there is like 3 freecoasters on the market that isn't for flatland(3/8ths axle) and all 3 have the same internals and are the same price (around 250), you might be better off buying a complete with an FC. However beware, I go through a freecoaster every 6 months. The driver bearings explode and if you don't do regular maintenance you'll have a 250 dollar paper weight. The design I guess is inherently flaud and it eats driver bearings for breakfast. And any other design that claims to be coming out (shadow is apparantly coming out with one but its been like 3 years since they said that) won't be out forever and will be mega expensive. but freecoasters are the best. I could never go back to a cassette.

Yeah, the fit flow series is a nice complete bike for sure, at work we were just bringing in Stolen right before I quit. A lot of my friends rode 3/8 KHE coasters without problems really just had to maintain it and went through and axle or two. I had to rebuild a few coasters at work and they are a PITA when not maintained.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: layne. wanna buy a bike?   layne. wanna buy a bike? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

layne. wanna buy a bike?
Page 1 of 1