Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gas mileage VS. Modifications

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Gas mileage VS. Modifications Empty
PostSubject: Gas mileage VS. Modifications   Gas mileage VS. Modifications Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2008, 8:59 pm

So whats everyones thoughts on modding your car vs. say gas mileage and other factors.

I for one wanted to make my car fast as hell all that good stuff but with the rate gas is going up and stuff i have leaned more towards Aesthetics than Speed. Anyone else in the same boat? As for me my engine will just get a good tune to stop running rich and prob get a cold air and headers and thats about it then itll be all looks
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage VS. Modifications   Gas mileage VS. Modifications Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2008, 9:35 pm

On my next vehicle I dont plan to do any modifications engine wise(not saying what im planning to buy)

But what Im intrested in doing now is having a "nice" car that looks clean(no gay body kits)

Id also like to have some real HID projectors(retrofitted of course)

And a short shifter.

Reason being i really dont hardly race people anyways.. I never have time to make it up to SIR, and premium fuel is gettin pricey. I just want a nice, comfortable car that gets decent gas milage. Maybe im just getting old.

Driving in my current car that is kinda loud with I/H/E just annoys me now. And of course because its lowered and has low pro tires it rides rough as hell. I cant imagine coil overs..haha
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage VS. Modifications   Gas mileage VS. Modifications Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2008, 9:40 pm

Supra wrote:
On my next vehicle I dont plan to do any modifications engine wise(not saying what im planning to buy)

But what Im intrested in doing now is having a "nice" car that looks clean(no gay body kits)

Id also like to have some real HID projectors(retrofitted of course)

And a short shifter.

Reason being i really dont hardly race people anyways.. I never have time to make it up to SIR, and premium fuel is gettin pricey. I just want a nice, comfortable car that gets decent gas milage. Maybe im just getting old.

Driving in my current car that is kinda loud with I/H/E just annoys me now. And of course because its lowered and has low pro tires it rides rough as hell. I cant imagine coil overs..haha
Dude, 2 days ago you were telling me you had plans of buying a civic and doing a turbo kit and making it a sleeper...
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

Number of posts : 752
Vehicle : 2008 Toyota Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage VS. Modifications   Gas mileage VS. Modifications Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2008, 9:49 pm

Speed. Gas mileage is for the weak!

Replacing my 510cc inectors, with some 950cc
Replacing my 90lph fuel pump with a 255lph
adding a meth kit
running the turbo without a wastegate, just tuning for whatever it makes!

I heart 5-10mpg!!!

Then probably sell the car to fund my new Genesis.

Last edited by RyanR on July 11th 2008, 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.306motorclub.com
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage VS. Modifications   Gas mileage VS. Modifications Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2008, 9:50 pm

Im talking about a DD corey not weekend project.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage VS. Modifications   Gas mileage VS. Modifications Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2008, 10:26 pm

i agree with supra although im not purchasing a new car but as far as my car goes im just gonna clean it all up do some nice clean mods exterior and interior wise and make it a fuel efficient daily driver as much as i thought id like racing its not worth the tickets and what not
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage VS. Modifications   Gas mileage VS. Modifications Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gas mileage VS. Modifications
Page 1 of 1