Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally got my car home

Go down 
+19
doom26464
jdm_itr
james
taylorvw
DOMS14
Jex
chungstachung
corey
lu!$
Jhall
1eightySX
bogan
Rob
Bjohnson
JSharp
240sxy
abs0Lut
Justin Lilley
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally got my car home     Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2010, 7:53 pm

well said
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my car home     Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2010, 7:57 pm

abs0Lut wrote:
Bjohnson wrote:
abs0Lut wrote:
Bjohnson wrote:
abs0Lut wrote:
just waiting on a trim piece for the car. gunna do a full editorial shoot and try for modified, super street and all the others. speedhunters should be easy.

you seem like his secretary doing all the work to get his car in a magazine lol

I just wanna put regina on the automotive photography map

the photography always does all the work to get a car in the magazine

ya but when people go to speedhunters or buy a modified mag, its not too look at the photog's pics. its to look at the cars, you know, the purpose of the magazine?

its not to look at the photographers pics? no photographer, no pictures... either that or the magazines would tell you everything you want to know about it then say "Now if you want to see the car, go to 12333545 alabama street and ask Johnny if he can pop the hood". lol

I disagree... I would say, no car, no pictures. It takes a lot longer to build a car then take pictures of it. Not to take a stab at you as I'm sure you spend hours editting and shooting and shit but really most of the work to getting a car in a magazine is building the car itself.... You cant take a really good photographer and get a stock honda civic in a magazine like modified.
Back to top Go down
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Bjohnson

Number of posts : 1871
Vehicle : 2001 Honda S2000
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my car home     Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2010, 8:13 pm

abs0Lut wrote:
Bjohnson wrote:
abs0Lut wrote:
Bjohnson wrote:
abs0Lut wrote:
just waiting on a trim piece for the car. gunna do a full editorial shoot and try for modified, super street and all the others. speedhunters should be easy.

you seem like his secretary doing all the work to get his car in a magazine lol

I just wanna put regina on the automotive photography map

the photography always does all the work to get a car in the magazine

ya but when people go to speedhunters or buy a modified mag, its not too look at the photog's pics. its to look at the cars, you know, the purpose of the magazine?

its not to look at the photographers pics? no photographer, no pictures... either that or the magazines would tell you everything you want to know about it then say "Now if you want to see the car, go to 12333545 alabama street and ask Johnny if he can pop the hood". lol

of course its that way, but people who look at the cars could give a fuck about the photog, the only people who care about the photog or care about his pictures are the photog's friends, the magazine editors maybe, and a far shot but maybe other photog's? To me its not work it to go through all the work when no one but a handfull of people will respect it. hell even i only buy magazines to read articles and see the cars. not to see the pictures taken.
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

Number of posts : 1718
Vehicle : MKII Jetta
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my car home     Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2010, 8:27 pm

of course you're looking at the cars, but would you pay for a mag full of shit photos like this?

Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Soobah

Finally got my car home  - Page 3 9s5fyp

You're definitely expecting a certain level of quality on the photo work whether you realize it or not. You likely wouldn't buy it if it was full of crap photos.

Finally got my car home  - Page 3 1

Finally got my car home  - Page 3 IMG_8601_HenryS13_frontview%20copy
Back to top Go down
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Bjohnson

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my car home     Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2010, 8:44 pm

well sure, but most people dont realize that. do you see what im getting at? i shouldn't have to repeat myself. most people just pick up a magazine to read the articles or look at the pictures. but they dont realize the photography standpoint. But it's not about that, it's about how ridiculous this has gotten with all this when is the car going to be in the city??? is the car in the city?? i cant wait to get my photo's on speedhunters. its just as annoying as all the threads made giving us the update on where the car is.
Back to top Go down
c.mayer
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 264
Vehicle : Delica, 2004 harley custom
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my car home     Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2010, 9:25 pm

You're arguing over photography? Who the fuck cares anymore
Back to top Go down
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Bjohnson

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my car home     Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2010, 9:38 pm

c.mayer wrote:
You're arguing over photography? Who the fuck cares anymore
precisely, obviously we care. cant you see?
Back to top Go down
bogan
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2010-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my car home     Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2010, 11:14 pm

tits or gtfo
Back to top Go down
landon_sask
Rank 2
Rank 2
landon_sask

Number of posts : 43
Vehicle : 2000 civic sir
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my car home     Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2010, 11:20 pm

bogan wrote:
tits or gtfo
Ask and shall receive

Real photography.......

Finally got my car home  - Page 3 1140823273-gigantic_boobs_massive

Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Reylene-richards
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my car home     Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2010, 11:23 pm

ill allow it Laughing
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my car home     Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2010, 1:31 am

What are people arguing about?

Magazines are made because of the advertising. Hell, that is why Speedhunters exists as well. No money for advertising, equals no money for decent writing and good photography.

That is the jaded answer.

A more appropriate answer is everyone is important in the media aspect of automotive publishing. It is a collective group. Like Jordan said you need the content (the car built), like Scott said, you need the photographer to capture the content. However, you also need a writer to elaborate and inform, an editor to do quality insurance, advertisers to fund the process and readers to consume. Upsetting this balance upsets the entire process.

But really print is dead.

Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Jex
Rank 6
Rank 6
Jex

Number of posts : 921
Vehicle : Toaster
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my car home     Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2010, 2:06 am

you've already had a picture on speed hunters. as has adrian and benoit. no one cared who took them they just wanted to see the cars, but you know i love your photographs and it would be rad to have a local car FEATURED.
*****people can say it doesnt matter who took what pictures all they want but in a way it does, like when you guys post pics from other forums or sites of unreal cars and the pictures are unreal looking, i check the watermark and visit those sites. so it must matter!
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my car home     Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2010, 2:18 am

Jesse is right. No one ever talks about the which photographer they like best from Speedhunters, ect, ect. rather we just post their pics and continue to visit their site.
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my car home     Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2010, 8:47 am

1eightySX wrote:
Jesse is right. No one ever talks about the which photographer they like best from Speedhunters, ect, ect. rather we just post their pics and continue to visit their site.

It's different from person to person, I have been reading speedhunters for a while now and notice a big difference between photographers. some are nice and simple, exactly what they need, and some are really artistic and more technical(linberg for example).
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

Number of posts : 1718
Vehicle : MKII Jetta
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my car home     Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2010, 10:26 am

1eightySX wrote:

But really print is dead.

Yeah pretty much, it is.

Although, in the car on a road trip or in the crapper, I prefer a real magazine to say reading on a Blackberry. Also I like hanging onto to the old Magazines, like I have car and bike mags from the mid 90's. I was just reading this morning about this brand new model coming out from Audi next year called the "TT" rabbit
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my car home     Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2010, 1:13 pm

I love magazines. just ordered subscriptions to american photo and super street Very Happy, got mad deals through my teacher aunty.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my car home     Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2010, 1:27 pm

My issue with magazines as of late is I never get what I am looking. Super Street is good entertainment but focuses a lot around the Honda scene. Soup pointed out inlast months issue they screwed up the chassis code for the 370Z.

Dsport, is cool as it comes with DVDs but is a little to technical and irreavant to me, as I don't drive an Evo.

Online can publish whenever they want and I find they have there fingure on the pulse a little bit more. Magazines only publish once a month, so how could they be as up to date as the online community.
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my car home     Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2010, 10:36 pm

So, I just read the whole 4th page have realized how there really isn't an argument to this, it is what it is, the normal public doesn't notice/now what a good pic is because the editor has a standard that he makes sure every photo meets. His requirements make all the pictures good enough and they all get the job done, some pictures can't be 'amazing' like car meet/show coverage compared to motion and static feature shots. There's a lot of poeple who just look at the car and a lot of people like me who appreciate a good, artistic and stylish photo when they see one.
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my car home     Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2010, 2:32 am

congrats on the car getting home, let us all see it Smile

/thread closed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally got my car home     Finally got my car home  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally got my car home
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3