Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Built or bought.

Go down 
+15
corey
doom26464
RyanR
Jhall
troyjule
jdm_itr
lu!$
Marshal
laynehip
1eightySX
subbie
Piett
Moneypits
canadian_ef
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Bought or built?
Bought
Built or bought. Vote_lcap25%Built or bought. Vote_rcap
 25% [ 6 ]
Built
Built or bought. Vote_lcap75%Built or bought. Vote_rcap
 75% [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
canadian_ef
Rank 3
Rank 3

Number of posts : 133
Vehicle : 1988 Honda Crx Si, 1990 Honda Civic Cx
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 4:05 pm

Just an opinion thread... NO BASHING.
Is your car bought or built?
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 4:06 pm

built/ bought

bought it with new paint and shit but have so far done everything on the fuckin car to it
Back to top Go down
canadian_ef
Rank 3
Rank 3

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 4:10 pm

Moneypits wrote:
built/ bought

bought it with new paint and shit but have so far done everything on the fuckin car to it

I am in the same boat. I bought the car, but it is going to be built.
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 4:11 pm

canadian_ef wrote:
Moneypits wrote:
built/ bought

Back to top Go down
canadian_ef
Rank 3
Rank 3

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 4:13 pm

JP wrote:
canadian_ef wrote:
Moneypits wrote:
built/ bought

lemme elaborate.
built is like... buying a stock car, and building it up to be superior.
bought... is just buying a car that is stacked.

like those kids that buy the BMWs new... and act all cool...
i am going to be swapping engines... turboing... restoring the exterior+interior.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 4:37 pm

canadian_ef wrote:
JP wrote:
canadian_ef wrote:
Moneypits wrote:
built/ bought

lemme elaborate.

i am going to be swapping engines... turboing... restoring the exterior+interior.

not trying to put you down, but why wouldn't you use that money that your going to be putting into you crx and sell the crx and buy something better??? just my opinion on what I would do...
Back to top Go down
canadian_ef
Rank 3
Rank 3

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 4:39 pm

WReX wrote:
canadian_ef wrote:
JP wrote:
canadian_ef wrote:
Moneypits wrote:
built/ bought

lemme elaborate.

not trying to put you down, but why wouldn't you use that money that your going to be putting into you crx and sell the crx and buy something better??? just my opinion on what I would do...

I just have a huge passion for the crx. i have wanted one for years, and i have one finally.
my crx makes me happy i guess Razz
it aint the greatest car in the world, but it is my favorite, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 4:42 pm

I think in the end t doesn't really matter. You either buy the car you want or build the car you want. I don't think I would fault anyone for either.If somebody wants to drive a fun car then that is cool and if someone wants to build because they find it fun that is cool too.

I would say the worst is criticizing someone for which ever they chose that or being a hypocrite.

To answer your question, I guess my car is built but not to crazy a degree... Maybe it is not built but rather bolted? I mostly bankroll it and then rely on the kindness and intellect of others to see it all come together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 5:27 pm

i think im safe to say my car was built, and im VERY grateful for those who helped me(you all know who you are) But if i was to do it again, id buy something highly modded rather than build it.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 5:28 pm

canadian_ef wrote:
JP wrote:
canadian_ef wrote:
Moneypits wrote:
built/ bought

lemme elaborate.

where are these kids buying brand new bmws
and if i am a kid and can buy a brand new bmw then i am most likely cool thus am not acting
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 5:34 pm

bahrx7 wrote:
i think im safe to say my car was built, and im VERY grateful for those who helped me(you all know who you are) But if i was to do it again, id buy something highly modded rather than build it.

I would rather buy a striaght JDM car next time. for the money, you cannot beat the the value. plus, when you're done, you more than likely have a fast car, not one that just looks decent.
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 5:36 pm

marshal wrote:
bahrx7 wrote:

I would rather buy a striaght JDM car next time. for the money, you cannot beat the the value. plus, when you're done, you more than likely have a fast car, not one that just looks decent.

exactly.
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 5:45 pm

when bought it was and is pretty stock... running on student budget doesnt let me "build it". like some1 said b4, i rather say bolted. basic things like exhaust and intake is what i have done. Now that i get a swap soon and i start buying things for the engine and working on suspension and brakes i could probably say built, but im not quite there yet.

on another note, for those who buy already modded/built cars, good for them that they have the money and i gues us that get to see it and ride it sometimes.... if it wasnt for those we would keep watchign magazines and videos in internet. Whatever way you take, dont stop kuz this is a fun hobbie and expensive one as well...
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 5:50 pm

laynehip wrote:
[
where are these kids buying brand new bmws
and if i am a kid and can buy a brand new bmw then i am most likely cool thus am not acting

That is the best thing you have ever said I think... Seriously that is awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 5:57 pm

mines bought but built at the same time cause ive done some stuff and plan on doing alot more
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 6:06 pm

1eightySX wrote:
I think in the end t doesn't really matter. You either buy the car you want or build the car you want. I don't think I would fault anyone for either.If somebody wants to drive a fun car then that is cool and if someone wants to build because they find it fun that is cool too.

I would say the worst is criticizing someone for which ever they chose that or being a hypocrite.

To answer your question, I guess my car is built but not to crazy a degree... Maybe it is not built but rather bolted? I mostly bankroll it and then rely on the kindness and intellect of others to see it all come together.

so the guys who buy and "suuupp up" neons, cavilers, and sunfires are cool? lol on that note has anyone seen that purple sunfire with the kit and the crazy sparkly paint job?? lol thats awesome hahahaha

lol ok your crx is a lot better than a sunfire i'll give you that. Well good luck with the build.
Back to top Go down
troyjule
Rank 4
Rank 4
troyjule

Number of posts : 398
Vehicle : BMW e46
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 6:26 pm

WReX wrote:

so the guys who buy and "suuupp up" neons, cavilers, and sunfires are cool? lol on that note has anyone seen that purple sunfire with the kit and the crazy sparkly paint job?? lol thats awesome hahahaha

lol ok your crx is a lot better than a sunfire i'll give you that. Well good luck with the build.

That car is down the street from me. It's god awful. Kudos for throwing 15 grand of cosmetics at it, though.
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 6:30 pm

built.

I prefer to build a car, cause i know everything that is right and everything that is wrong. Spending a lot of time and money, cuts, bruises, f words, wrench throwing ect just makes the result feel so much better, i think. But i would definitely buy a built car, cause some are awesome. But i will always have a car im working on.
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

Number of posts : 752
Vehicle : 2008 Toyota Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:28 pm

bought. Alot cheaper, same results, less pain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.306motorclub.com
doom26464
Rank 4
Rank 4
doom26464

Number of posts : 411
Vehicle : MR-2 GT, Civic SiR
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:33 pm

i rather build my own car as long as I have a good platfrom to work with....

whats the point of buying something already built? half the fun in a car is building it the way you want with parts you like.
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:35 pm

doom26464 wrote:

whats the point of buying something already built? half the fun in a car is building it the way you want with parts you like.

haha you'l see when you get into the work force. This trade kills hobbies quickly.
Back to top Go down
doom26464
Rank 4
Rank 4
doom26464

Number of posts : 411
Vehicle : MR-2 GT, Civic SiR
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:37 pm

RyanR wrote:
doom26464 wrote:

haha you'l see when you get into the work force. This trade kills hobbies quickly.

you probaly just said my biggest fear at the moment Sad ... I have heard that a few times already.
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:41 pm

doom26464 wrote:
RyanR wrote:
doom26464 wrote:

you probaly just said my biggest fear at the moment Sad ... I have heard that a few times already.

Its so true. After an 8-9hour day in a 40* not very well ventilated shop the LAST thing you want to do is tinker with whatever you are driving. A/C and sleep are my only goals in the summer lol.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:55 pm

Mine is Built and still not running... 12 months later?
I'm far too picky and a perfectionist to buy a nightmare that someone else hacked together.
Plus if you build your own car you car you are cooler.
Back to top Go down
canadian_ef
Rank 3
Rank 3

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 10:40 pm

i should have said... kids that brag about their new bmw's that their parents bought for them... makes me rage.

like i said, not bashing anyone who is buying an already done-up car... just preferences...
hell, for a long time, i was planning on buying my brothers mr2. but nah... realized i needed something now. and i couldn't save up at all at the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Built or bought. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Built or bought.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next