Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motorcycle License?

Go down 
+2
Rob
Piett
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Motorcycle License? Empty
PostSubject: Motorcycle License?   Motorcycle License? Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 2:55 am

Alright well i just got few questions:

Is there a age you need to be to take your motorcycle license.?

How easy is it to get your motorcycle license?..and where do you go?

Whats a good type of motorcycle?

Razz Thanks
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle License?   Motorcycle License? Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 9:59 am

As far as I know you just need to write a test and you get your learners
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle License?   Motorcycle License? Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 11:23 am

Then for the final exam they follow behind you and navigate you through traffic.
Pretty much the same as a drivers license just on a motorcycle.
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle License?   Motorcycle License? Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 1:34 pm

and how long will all this take?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle License?   Motorcycle License? Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 7:56 pm

depends how many times you fail lol
Back to top Go down
Justin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 363
Vehicle : 00' GSR
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle License?   Motorcycle License? Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2008, 11:33 pm

Yes to get your learners which is like no passengers and no driving at night you just have to pass a test. (written)
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Admin
Admin
Nigel

Number of posts : 319
Vehicle : 1991 Honda Civic
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle License?   Motorcycle License? Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2008, 2:47 am

Do you gotta wait a certain time after you get your learners before you can take the test?
Back to top Go down
project_s13
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 94
Vehicle : 1990 240sx
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle License?   Motorcycle License? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2008, 7:23 pm

i just got mine. i believe to be eligible you have to have no records and have held you car license for 6 months. then once you write your learners exam just like a car one, infact you actually have to re-take it with your motorcycle exam aswell ( i didn't know that until i went) pic up a drivers hand book and read it about motorcycle which lanes to ride in how to turn corners etc. then after youy have your learners permit i belive you can take your road test right away. and its like regular drivers test sept you have earpiece in ur helmet and they talk to you through that. if your not an experience rider already youd be better off to pay sask safty for there cycle safty course. its a good course and when you take ur license at the end of it they do a group ride and they have a low failure rate. but dont be stupid like lots of people ic. if i see you on my 92 gixxer riding in the wrong blocking lane ill kick you or push u into traffic to make a point. ur an 8th the weight of a car. and they have four wheels dont be stupid or ull get killed. and be warry people out there hate bikes and will come into on comming traffic to try and hit bikers cuz they think it's funny. so be prepared to defend yourself if need be. also if you own a street bike check out sask sport bikes website. sasksportbike.com im oleskoolgixx on there if you want to talk or PM me if you have more questions, and if you want to take that course which i recomened i can get you the info and the phone numbers you need. i will be taking it this year and ive been riding for about 10 years. just as refresher and to keep up to date on technics and riding ability. drive safe and always wear proper gear dont be dumb. and dont show off to SGI on ur test or drop ur bike.....lol thats a fail
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594544
project_s13
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 94
Vehicle : 1990 240sx
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle License?   Motorcycle License? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2008, 7:26 pm

oh and also if you have your learners there anr many restrictions with riding that you must follow or sgi can do some nasty things to you if you don't do what they say, like no night riding, no passengers, no stunting, can't leave 100km radius of your home, etc etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594544
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle License?   Motorcycle License? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorcycle License?
Page 1 of 1