Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motorcycle License question

Go down 
+3
L-Spec
gotchia
CamJohns122
7 posters
AuthorMessage
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Motorcycle License question Empty
PostSubject: Motorcycle License question   Motorcycle License question Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2008, 2:04 am

If i buy something that is like under 80cc like a moped almost but without pedals will i need a license to drive it.

cause its small like one cylinder engine its like driving a lawnmower with two wheels
Back to top Go down
gotchia
Rank 2
Rank 2
gotchia

Number of posts : 63
Vehicle : 2000 honda civic
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle License question   Motorcycle License question Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2008, 2:06 am

lol thats unreal do it up
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle License question   Motorcycle License question Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2008, 2:14 am

If you plan on using it as a road vehicle, I'm pretty sure you do, especially if it needs plates. I'm not 100% on mopeds, but I wouldn't be surprised if you needed one. Honestly, if you took a moped for the road test, I'm sure you'd pass with flying colours, haha. A friend of mine is going to attempt his road test with his newly acquired Hyabusa. I am certain he is going to fail Razz
Back to top Go down
JYB116
Rank 8
Rank 8
JYB116

Number of posts : 1788
Vehicle : Nissan skyline gtr
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle License question   Motorcycle License question Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2008, 10:23 am

CamJohns122 wrote:
If i buy something that is like under 80cc like a moped almost but without pedals will i need a license to drive it.

cause its small like one cylinder engine its like driving a lawnmower with two wheels
just get the licenses never hurt anybody to have em kicking around right?
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle License question   Motorcycle License question Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2008, 11:06 am

Problem is i havent had my drivers lincense long enough or something thats what my friend said
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle License question   Motorcycle License question Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2008, 12:37 pm

just go get your learners. all you need is your license. its a 3 part test, and once you have that you can drive your bike/moped until night, cant drive past i think its 100km from your house and cant have a passenger.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle License question   Motorcycle License question Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2008, 12:49 pm

s i can get my learners even thoi havent had my drivers for more than a year?
Back to top Go down
Justin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 363
Vehicle : 00' GSR
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle License question   Motorcycle License question Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2008, 1:15 pm

You can get your learners by writing a simple test and I think you can take it at any time. I am pretty sure you need a license to ride bikes on the street and if it's a dirtbike anything under 250cc you can't license but I could be wrong. Has to have mirrors and signals and shit too i think.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle License question   Motorcycle License question Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2008, 7:48 pm

anything over 50CC's you need a license and it needs plates. Anything under, you're good to go. my buddy just built a motorised scooter witha 49CC chainsaw motor, and he didn't need plates/license
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle License question   Motorcycle License question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorcycle License question
Page 1 of 1