Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2009 Drift Season meeting

Go down 
+11
Moneypits
greddy_1700
240sxy
_....
slow
L-Spec
Marshal
corey
1eightySX
Thai-kun
Soup
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
_....
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-03-16

2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2009, 12:58 pm

What I meant was I don't want to come out just to get tossed aside with a broom for the whole day. Not saying isn't a neccessary job to be done. I'm not bitter because my car is broken, I know that shit happens. Honestly I don't know what my schedule is lke for summer yet so its hard for me to say I'll even be around to help out if I wanted to. Maybe this brings up a point about the events in general, and how not many people showed up last year, there mis imformed and what have you so they don't bother making time, also I think friday nights were the main reason for poor turn out. When I came out to watch once last summer by the time Adrian Ryan and I got out there it was already starting to get dark.

You know Adrian got that fender roller from you back in june or something, I never knew there was any rental on it, seems kinda of odd to ask for money now. I don't charge ppl i know for my time or tools if they need them, I think Adrian still has my heat gun if im not mistaken, maybe demand money from him since he never paid me a rental on that. Besides I don't have any money anyways, im a student with 2 cars that don't work right.
Back to top Go down
slow
Rank 3
Rank 3
slow

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2009, 2:36 pm

nisrix wrote:
What I meant was I don't want to come out just to get tossed aside with a broom for the whole day. Not saying isn't a neccessary job to be done. I'm not bitter because my car is broken, I know that shit happens. Honestly I don't know what my schedule is lke for summer yet so its hard for me to say I'll even be around to help out if I wanted to. Maybe this brings up a point about the events in general, and how not many people showed up last year, there mis imformed and what have you so they don't bother making time, also I think friday nights were the main reason for poor turn out. When I came out to watch once last summer by the time Adrian Ryan and I got out there it was already starting to get dark.

You know Adrian got that fender roller from you back in june or something, I never knew there was any rental on it, seems kinda of odd to ask for money now. I don't charge ppl i know for my time or tools if they need them, I think Adrian still has my heat gun if im not mistaken, maybe demand money from him since he never paid me a rental on that. Besides I don't have any money anyways, im a student with 2 cars that don't work right.

I know people are busy and it takes a real commitment to come out to these events. If you don't have time, we all understand that.

I don't know what you mean about misinformation. Everything has always been up front and honest about mission drift and the QCMA.

Would you prefer a different night, like Monday or Tuesday? The only way to keep costs down and realistic is to hold events. If I could, I would hold them during the day. I don't know how many times I've said that before but people seem to miss this concept of money all the time... I can't help it if people aren't able to make it to the track when we start the practices, again this comes down to being committed to the sport. I will be talking about the practices at the meeting, so come out and voice your opinion there. I prefer talking in person instead of talking over the internet as people are misunderstood all the time. Complaining about having to spend "all the event" sweeping is still the same attitude Richard. Its not all about you, its about making it better for everyone. Ryan G gets to start driving late at every event as he does my tech inspections. He does it because he knows that it makes things easier for me and everyone else. He accepts that sort of responsibility. We need more people like him to come out and help out.

As for rental fee, I don't care about you paying me for using my roller. I was making a point about your attitude towards helping out with other people and the sport in general.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2009, 4:44 pm

I kind of agree with Richard on this one when it comes to events, I enjoyed the few times I came out to watch due to not having a vehicle to race. However I found it sort of hard to find out on specifics as to when events will be on and exact times. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough?

What I was thinking was possibly just having a sticky here in events and have it so you can keep us updated here as to dates, times, fees and so on.

I plan to have a car for this season to race so I will be there to race on a regular basis.

Don't take this the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2009, 5:16 pm

you werent looking hard enough..at all..

missiondrift.ca had all the event prices times and dates posted.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2009, 5:27 pm

240sxy wrote:
you werent looking hard enough..at all..

missiondrift.ca had all the event prices times and dates posted.
I'm sorry but I wasn't even aware of that site. Plus I am not even talking about drifting, what I am interested in is actual Auto X.
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2009, 5:32 pm

Go here
http://www.qcma.org/index.php

I have a question how do I get a pit pass, and is there events for summer 2009 because none are up there. Confused the price went up this year now thought it was 30.00 non-member now its 40.00 I can't make it out to the meeting to get a membership can I just paypal someone that goes there to sign me up for a membership.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2009, 5:58 pm

EP304 wrote:
Go here
http://www.qcma.org/index.php

I have a question how do I get a pit pass, and is there events for summer 2009 because none are up there. Confused the price went up this year now thought it was 30.00 non-member now its 40.00 I can't make it out to the meeting to get a membership can I just paypal someone that goes there to sign me up for a membership.
$40 for a non member? that is a retarded price.
Did thier insurance go up or wtf?
Back to top Go down
slow
Rank 3
Rank 3
slow

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2009, 8:01 pm

Non-member fee for autox is $30 (which is down from $40 from 2007). For a member it is $20. If you come to the track, you pay the owners the pit pass fee, it has nothing to do with the QCMA.

As for drifting, everything has been on the mission drift site all along. Insurance for drifting is substantially greater than autox for everyone's information. This is why entry fee for drifting is $40 for everyone for the practices.
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2009, 8:25 pm

Okay good then that qcma or whatever just didn't update that page with the prices I thought it was always 30 non member anyways
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2009, 9:21 pm

hey cam

you should come out to the meeting

it would be interesting.

Wink
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2009, 1:18 am

240sxy wrote:
hey cam

it would be interesting.

Wink
Honestly?

That is the reason quite a few people won't be going just cause of the intimidation/ or how they will be be-littled.

Maybe I am just speaking out of my ass?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2009, 1:50 am

intimidation?
Screw them, I don't even plan on drifting at all, but I am up for comming ot the events to help out. Thats the only reason I'll be there.
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2009, 1:53 am

Not attending an event because of intimidation? What a pathetic concept. Especially when most people on this forum talk like their gods, yet some rarely show their faces when it comes to meeting people in person. It's an invite for everyone, so if you can make it, you should go. If you stay home because you're afraid of what people may think of you, well you might as well hang yourself and then it won't really be an issue anymore =/

2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Banana
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2009, 2:10 am

What would people have be scared about? I am a little scares of Triffon's
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
slow
Rank 3
Rank 3
slow

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2009, 2:15 am

corey wrote:
240sxy wrote:
hey cam

it would be interesting.

Wink
Honestly?

That is the reason quite a few people won't be going just cause of the intimidation/ or how they will be be-littled.

You must have a big ass, because you talk out it a lot.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2009, 2:16 am

L-Spec wrote:
Not attending an event because of intimidation? What a pathetic concept. Especially when most people on this forum talk like their gods, yet some rarely show their faces when it comes to meeting people in person. It's an invite for everyone, so if you can make it, you should go. If you stay home because you're afraid of what people may think of you, well you might as well hang yourself and then it won't really be an issue anymore =/

2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Banana

theres no intimidation here corey, i know i just talked to you on msn and like i just told you, if someone is scared of coming to a meet because of that they have bigger problems.

i dont care about some nobodies posting stuff trying to get my attention, though im flattered.

people should just come out and get to know people at the very least
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2009, 2:20 am

slow wrote:
corey wrote:
240sxy wrote:
hey cam

it would be interesting.

Wink
Honestly?

Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2009, 2:34 am

slow wrote:
I think the correct term is "rear gap". ..and we no longer count by Adrian fingers; we count by Adrian fists.

Anyways, I'll PM you later about what I have to say about the events if I was actually going to show up. I'll send it to you sometime before lunch.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2009, 2:22 pm

240sxy wrote:
hey cam

it would be interesting.

Wink

whys that? what have i done to you
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2009, 9:16 pm

corey wrote:
240sxy wrote:
hey cam

it would be interesting.

Wink
Honestly?

trust me the last thing i would be is intimdated i just would like to know what the hell that comment is about
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2009, 10:22 pm

why would you be intimadated by Adrian?
He's not even that tall..
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2009, 11:06 pm

As i stated i wouldnt be
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2009, 1:06 am

Moneypits wrote:
As i stated i wouldnt be

i already said there was no intimidation in that post

i was going to say corey is out of line speaking for YOU cam,

but it would be interesting to see what you would try and say in person, no one cares what you have to say on the internet

i tell you to stfu as a joke, and your just being baby taking it to heart all the time.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2009, 1:10 am

o ok yeah i udnerstand now i dont know where that comment of intimidation even came from

id probably be myself in person lol im not a know it all and i know that and regardless i wanted to talk to you because i wanted some pointers on drifting actually as i think your acutally really good at it (not suckin up cause im sure someone will say that) saying it because give respect where respect is due.

and i know you tell me to stfu especially since lately ive tried to be less of an internet douche so i sound pretty hypocritical compared to my old posts lol but i dont take it to heart

anyways how was the meeting couldnt make it as i was working on my rx7 all night
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2009, 8:43 am

Meeting was good. A lot of good ideas tossed around. Some of us ended up staying until 12:30. This year is definitly going to be a gooder in terms of drifting.

Thanks to those who came or offered their thoughts via pm's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Drift Season meeting   2009 Drift Season meeting - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2009 Drift Season meeting
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next