Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

recirculation vavle venting?

Go down 
+6
subbie
greddy_1700
Marshal
240sxy
L-Spec
Fiorante
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiorante
Rank 7
Rank 7
Fiorante

Number of posts : 1234
Vehicle : frankenstien'd skyline
Registration date : 2008-03-04

recirculation vavle venting? Empty
PostSubject: recirculation vavle venting?   recirculation vavle venting? Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 12:25 am

i would like to vent the recirculation valve aka bov on my supra, so i can get a little woooosh maybe? ive looked on many supra forums, and am having no luck, but what i have found is that the car may run a bit rich between shifts, will this cause any harm ? any advice is welcomed.
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: recirculation vavle venting?   recirculation vavle venting? Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 12:30 am

I believe your Supra runs on a MAF? That would try to correct and readjust the settings and it will kind of run like shit... DSMs have this issue when they vent. If you can get away with it, though, the only issue I've come across when I vented my BOV is that it dumps excessive hot air into your engine bay and may cause overheating. Also, you become very tempted in fitting kazoos and other various objects into you hoses...
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: recirculation vavle venting?   recirculation vavle venting? Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 1:15 am

L-Spec wrote:
Also, you become very tempted in fitting kazoos and other various objects into you hoses...

GOOD TIMES
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: recirculation vavle venting?   recirculation vavle venting? Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 4:54 am

Do it! but fit a duck or a moose call.

Couldn;t you jsut vent it normally, and cover up the opening in the intake where it would vent into? Thats what we did to Jarred's Eclipse
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: recirculation vavle venting?   recirculation vavle venting? Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 5:26 am

Marshal wrote:
Do it! but fit a duck or a moose call.

Couldn;t you jsut vent it normally, and cover up the opening in the intake where it would vent into? Thats what we did to Jarred's Eclipse

yeah, but what happens with a maf is:

when the throttle is released it opens the release valve, all that air escaping has already passed through the maf and has been metered. this means the ecu is already adding more fuel in for air that isnt even there anymore.

when this happens, the car tends to stall out while coming to a stop. it also leads to popping fireballs between shifts, just like my car, except i dont have stalling issues.

there are bandaids, like an safc. but its just that, a bandaid.

racers like to run recirc for the response. alot of driters dont even use bov's.
Back to top Go down
greddy_1700
Rank 5
Rank 5
greddy_1700

Number of posts : 654
Vehicle : 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: recirculation vavle venting?   recirculation vavle venting? Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 9:49 am

Long story short, keep it recirc'd. First of all venting a stock BOV like that really wont be a whole lot louder, but mainly, why would you want to sacrafice how your car runs and drives for a stupid little whoooosh sound when you shift?

And most dsm's hate it when you vent the BOV, really this topic has been beaten to death thousands of times on DSM forums. I realize that this isnt a DSM, but if it is running a MAF then I don't see it being any different.

Keep it recirc'd, and you will look like less of a fool.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: recirculation vavle venting?   recirculation vavle venting? Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 10:13 am

Fiorante wrote:
i would like to vent the recirculation valve aka bov on my supra, so i can get a little woooosh maybe? ive looked on many supra forums, and am having no luck, but what i have found is that the car may run a bit rich between shifts, will this cause any harm ? any advice is welcomed.

GET A RECIRC. BOV NO JOKE!!

I had a VTA one on my WRX and it ran liek shit!!!!! I got a recir. BOV and a cold air and it's just as loud as my old VTA (Vent to atmosphere) one, plus its better for you engine/turbo...if you want i got videos comparing the two...trust me way better way to go recircualting!!
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

Number of posts : 752
Vehicle : 2008 Toyota Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: recirculation vavle venting?   recirculation vavle venting? Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 2:24 pm

Agreed, I recirc with an open element filter is still too loud for my tastes now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.306motorclub.com
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC

PostSubject: Re: recirculation vavle venting?   recirculation vavle venting? Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2008, 11:03 am

RyanR wrote:
Agreed, I recirc with an open element filter is still too loud for my tastes now.

You're right, it is loud but it sounds sweet
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: recirculation vavle venting?   recirculation vavle venting? Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2008, 12:41 pm

dev wrote:
RyanR wrote:

You're right, it is loud but it sounds sweet

depends on who makes it...HKS, Greddy, Blitz and TurboXS make some sweet VTA BOV's and trust me the sound gets REALLY REALLY OLD after like 2 weeks, lol
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: recirculation vavle venting?   recirculation vavle venting? Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2008, 1:06 pm

I somewhat enjoy my blitz blow off valve.... it is good times, if you are old school

I probably should recirc... meh
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: recirculation vavle venting?   recirculation vavle venting? Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2008, 1:12 pm

1eightySX wrote:
I somewhat enjoy my blitz blow off valve.... it is good times, if you are old school

I probably should recirc... meh

your car would be quicker in between shifts if you did
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: recirculation vavle venting?   recirculation vavle venting? Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2008, 1:21 pm

Yah, I also run a neo so that helps correct it a bit. I have more important mods to worry about for now....

I'll change it when my advisers advise me to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
doom26464
Rank 4
Rank 4
doom26464

Number of posts : 411
Vehicle : MR-2 GT, Civic SiR
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: recirculation vavle venting?   recirculation vavle venting? Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2008, 3:46 pm

I did this for awhile on my mk3. Don't vent the stock ones just put it back. I find the stock one is very touchy and car would stall at lights alot with it open. Makes it run funny between shifts too. I went to a apexi dual chamber bov and vented it. I had minumal troubles with it but it still ran rich between shifts
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC

PostSubject: Re: recirculation vavle venting?   recirculation vavle venting? Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2008, 10:47 pm

TurboXS does sound nice as well Smile
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: recirculation vavle venting?   recirculation vavle venting? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2008, 7:57 pm

dev wrote:
TurboXS does sound nice as well Smile

Agreeded, but the shit it does to your stock turbo and engine arn't worth it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: recirculation vavle venting?   recirculation vavle venting? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

recirculation vavle venting?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: General-
Jump to: