Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suspension

Go down 
+7
Marshal
dev
Golks
JYB116
L-Spec
Fiorante
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Suspension   Suspension Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 12:10 am

Im looking to buy a set of coilovers here right away and i found a set im interested in. They're made by Apexi and i was just wondering if anyone know anything about the quality of suspension made by them?
Back to top Go down
Fiorante
Rank 7
Rank 7
Fiorante

Number of posts : 1234
Vehicle : frankenstien'd skyline
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension   Suspension Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 12:14 am

i need to find a money tree like you did, i cant even afford a new fucking clutch.
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension   Suspension Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 12:15 am

To be completely honest with you, some suspension products differ with each car. Especially with an FD, since these cars always find some way or another to be stupid and different. I'd just read up on rx7club, Rishie has a few posts outlining which coilovers he likes best and why and prices on them as well. It also depends on what you plan on using your car for. Street, track, both?
Back to top Go down
JYB116
Rank 8
Rank 8
JYB116

Number of posts : 1788
Vehicle : Nissan skyline gtr
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension   Suspension Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 12:21 am

L-Spec wrote:
To be completely honest with you, some suspension products differ with each car. Especially with an FD, since these cars always find some way or another to be stupid and different. I'd just read up on rx7club, Rishie has a few posts outlining which coilovers he likes best and why and prices on them as well. It also depends on what you plan on using your car for. Street, track, both?
what if he just wants to look ad admire what do u recommend lucky
Back to top Go down
Golks
Rank 5
Rank 5
Golks

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : '98 Honda
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension   Suspension Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 1:46 am

If you want pricing on Apex'i let me know.

Depending on what ones you are looking at they may be good for daily driving/some track or they might be plain overkill.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension   Suspension Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 10:59 am

Fiorante wrote:
i need to find a money tree like you did, i cant even afford a new fucking clutch.

The man works hard Smile
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension   Suspension Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 2:05 pm

Personally I think coilovers are useless unledd youare doing serious track days. Chances are, you just want them to slam your car to the ground right? To properly set them up you must corner balance your car, or else you're car is going ot handel like shit. Maybe just consider some good lowering springs and shocks? Not neaarly as adjustable, but it would definately make your car handel worlds better that stock.

Just an opinion, but saying you have coilovers is always cool I guess
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

Number of posts : 752
Vehicle : 2008 Toyota Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension   Suspension Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 2:23 pm

Easier to run more wheel and tire with coilovers too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.306motorclub.com
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension   Suspension Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 6:16 pm

This car will defiantly be a track star.

What about Tiens?
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension   Suspension Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 6:20 pm

BBBBBBOOOOOOOOO to Tiens, I had a bad experience with them and replaced them with gt pros from golks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : schirting
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension   Suspension Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 6:44 pm

just dont go too stiff..my hks are death on regina roads
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension   Suspension Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 7:12 pm

For an FD:
Street - Struts & Lowering spring combo. This will give you a streetable ride and be a hell of a lot better than your shitty ass touring suspension. Anything will be better than your shitty ass touring suspension. I would suggest getting in contact with Dave Gholke for pricing and availability.

Track - If you have the money, Zeal coilovers are the best for an FD. For the money, stick with Stance coilovers. They are extremely beefy and will take a beating and can have extremely stiff settings.

There is no real need to fit wider tires on a street car. You can already fit a 9.5" wide rim on aftermarket springs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension   Suspension Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suspension
Page 1 of 1