Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Car Alarms

Go down 
+4
raboyto2
Marshal
Rob
WPK
8 posters
AuthorMessage
WPK
Rank 3
Rank 3
WPK

Number of posts : 157
Vehicle : 06 Ranger
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Car Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Car Alarms   Car Alarms Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2008, 12:53 am

I live in central Edmonton. The part I'm in is okay but it's not great. Occasional break in and whatnot and the guy who parks beside me just had his car stolen and well my question is : Can anyone recommend a good value car starter and alarm combo without breaking the bank? Thanks
Model numbers would be good too.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Car Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Alarms   Car Alarms Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2008, 12:57 am

If your cheap, you could just pull out your fuel pump fuse if its easily accessible Smile

BTW definetly go with a command start/alarm combo. Command start is amazing, best thing since sliced bread
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Car Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Alarms   Car Alarms Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2008, 3:20 am

if you're really cheap, just buy a few red LED lights. and place one in the dash, adn one on the top of each door card. Its a great deterant.
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Car Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Alarms   Car Alarms Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2008, 3:29 am

Supra wrote:
If your cheap, you could just pull out your fuel pump fuse if its easily accessible Smile

yes... they wont be able to get away with your car, but they will break the window/door lock and mess up the ignition switch / lock cylinder trying to start the damn thing.
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Car Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Alarms   Car Alarms Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2008, 5:37 pm

Two good ones that I have heard good reviews about are the Viper 5701 and Clifford RSX 3.3 If you like replacing batteries often go with a LCD 2 way remote otherwise go with the 2 way LED ones like I did. DEI alarms are probably the best on the market.

Is your car standard and what year is it? Does it have a immobilizer? Does it already have factory keyless entry?Do you want extra sensors(It is possible to break a window without the shock sensor triggering)? I would recommend a battery back up for the alarm brain,a tilt sensor,and glass break trigger.

If you plan everything out before hand you can easily wire a remote start and alarm by yourself.

My alarm/remote start is a Clifford RSX 3.3 hybrid alarm(alarm relays are inside of the brain). I have a battery back up,glass break,tilt,ECU kill relay hidden and a fuel pump kill switch.Inside the car I also have 2 little Piezo sirens. One note on sirens if your going with 3 or more sirens use a relay. Don't forget to diode isolate the door triggers also.

Oh ya this cost me about 350 for everything.
Back to top Go down
Fiorante
Rank 7
Rank 7
Fiorante

Number of posts : 1234
Vehicle : frankenstien'd skyline
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Car Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Alarms   Car Alarms Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2008, 9:24 pm

Car Alarms Angry_10

keep him in your backseat, no one will fuck with you, or your car ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WPK
Rank 3
Rank 3
WPK

Number of posts : 157
Vehicle : 06 Ranger
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Car Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Alarms   Car Alarms Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2008, 9:38 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Ep, umm you too fiorante ill consider the dog.... Rolling Eyes

Yes my car is standard, unaware if has immobilizer, yeah it has factory keyless entry, id also like glass sensor. Any of these features greatly reduce on increase the price? Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Car Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Alarms   Car Alarms Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2008, 2:46 pm

You gotta get Chuck Norris or the trunk monkey anti theft system
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkZcG_pgp0Q

If you have an immobilizer you have to get a immobilizer defeat which they have ones that require a extra key to give up or I have one in mine that when I program it first reads the key signal and stores it away this way I can remote start the car but also when the alarms active the immobilizer still works. Best bet is go to a audio shop and ask about all this, I had help by a guy on EPhatch who is a DEI installer.

I was getting mad that my remote start wasn't working so I phoned around to see how much for installs and most were like 65.00/hr. So I said f it and found a multi meter and was fixed in 15 mins. Also if you get it installed you need a clutch bypass I would use a relay not sure exactly what pins go to what but I'm sure the installer would know.

Heres a site I used to get some general info on alarms
http://www.the12volt.com/
Back to top Go down
Earlface
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 349
Vehicle : 07 Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Car Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Alarms   Car Alarms Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2008, 4:45 pm

anything compustar is great. but it wont come cheap.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 363
Vehicle : 00' GSR
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Car Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Alarms   Car Alarms Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2008, 6:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Car Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Alarms   Car Alarms Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car Alarms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: General-
Jump to: