Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone know anything about ep civics?

Go down 
+2
Thai-kun
RyanR
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

Number of posts : 752
Vehicle : 2008 Toyota Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Anyone know anything about ep civics? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know anything about ep civics?   Anyone know anything about ep civics? Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2008, 2:08 pm

Looking at picking up a 02 civic si, just wondering if anyone has anymore information on them. Strengths? Weakness?

thanks

ryan
Back to top Go down
http://www.306motorclub.com
Thai-kun
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 810
Vehicle : 2000 Honda S2000 [AP1]
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about ep civics?   Anyone know anything about ep civics? Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2008, 4:18 pm

Strengths: Good on gas, as reliable as the universe.
Weaknesses: You can get more torque from a socket wrench.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about ep civics?   Anyone know anything about ep civics? Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2008, 4:23 pm

High horsepower at least from the SIR i love em but to each his own, boss at work has one took me for a rip nice riding car handling feels a little awkward otherwise goodbuy
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about ep civics?   Anyone know anything about ep civics? Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2008, 4:40 pm

yeah its an SiR model. I'm not looking for high horsepower as I have my evo for that. Just looking for something fun to drive and fuel efficient.
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about ep civics?   Anyone know anything about ep civics? Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2008, 5:23 pm

I have an 04 first if its not lowered it looks like a 4 X 4 and a minivan the engine sucks in it diet vtec. Since its an 02 look at the cams before you buy it since they were still using 5w20 in it before Honda recalled it and is now using 5w30. Parts are easy to find for it except for Mugen parts and the HFP kit was stopped being produced for it also. On the bright side you can get a built k25 bottom and built k20a2 head and have 2.4 litres with lots of torque and true vtec for really cheap.

One last note only good thing about this engine is that it is great for boost.

If you get one join the site in my sig lots of info about the ep3 also the vendors on that site give out killer deals.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about ep civics?   Anyone know anything about ep civics? Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2008, 6:54 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:
High horsepower at least from the SIR i love em but to each his own, boss at work has one took me for a rip nice riding car handling feels a little awkward otherwise goodbuy

lol, high horsepower.

But they are cool looking cars, probably worth the money. Are those the ones with the crazy shifter?
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about ep civics?   Anyone know anything about ep civics? Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2008, 7:55 pm

EP304 wrote:
I have an 04 first if its not lowered it looks like a 4 X 4 and a minivan the engine sucks in it diet vtec. Since its an 02 look at the cams before you buy it since they were still using 5w20 in it before Honda recalled it and is now using 5w30. Parts are easy to find for it except for Mugen parts and the HFP kit was stopped being produced for it also. On the bright side you can get a built k25 bottom and built k20a2 head and have 2.4 litres with lots of torque and true vtec for really cheap.

One last note only good thing about this engine is that it is great for boost.

If you get one join the site in my sig lots of info about the ep3 also the vendors on that site give out killer deals.

wow, thanks for the info man. Unfortunately as long as I own my other car this one won't be seeing any substantial mods. I drove it around yesterday and it seemed to be alright for what I need. the seats rock and the shifter is in perfect placement.
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about ep civics?   Anyone know anything about ep civics? Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2008, 8:02 pm

yep, the shifter is kinda weird... i never personally been in one... but i'd like to study or at least understand how this sihfting business works in this car
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about ep civics?   Anyone know anything about ep civics? Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2008, 2:38 am

It works like a regular manual just that it comes out at the dash its rally style. Other ep people call it the car with the penis coming out of the dash. Another downfall but only I guess if you get serious about tracking it is the macpherson suspension and lack of a LSD the latter can be fixed easy (well not super easy but still).

What colour is this car?

I love the seats too but want the red type r recaros. One thing about ephatch.com godaddy their webhost crashed this spring and lost everything and the only thing left is info from 2004 lol but slowly it is getting built back up. If you do get it download the helms manual or even better buy it like I did.

Remember take the valve cover off first and look at the cams or at least ask what weight of oil was being used.

Last edited by EP304 on August 25th 2008, 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about ep civics?   Anyone know anything about ep civics? Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2008, 8:41 am

The car is that euro gold or whatever. Il yard the valve cover off tonight to check for cam damage
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about ep civics?   Anyone know anything about ep civics? Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2008, 1:31 pm

RyanR wrote:
The car is that euro gold or whatever. Il yard the valve cover off tonight to check for cam damage

Euro Yellow Pearl Metallic Clearcoat Y-62P is the only one I can think of for a 2002 civic I could really be wrong but whatever.
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about ep civics?   Anyone know anything about ep civics? Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 6:59 pm

EP304 wrote:
RyanR wrote:

Euro Yellow Pearl Metallic Clearcoat Y-62P is the only one I can think of for a 2002 civic I could really be wrong but whatever.

So you're not sure but you list off a 5 letter color complete with color code lol.
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about ep civics?   Anyone know anything about ep civics? Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 8:07 pm

RyanR wrote:
EP304 wrote:
RyanR wrote:

So you're not sure but you list off a 5 letter color complete with color code lol.

Found it via ephatch on a honda tech post it looks like that would be what it is called.

Did you buy it?
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about ep civics?   Anyone know anything about ep civics? Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 9:08 pm

EP304 wrote:
RyanR wrote:
EP304 wrote:
RyanR wrote:

Found it via ephatch on a honda tech post it looks like that would be what it is called.

Did you buy it?

Yeah. I gotta do brakes and tires and a few other misc things, but it looks like its gonna be a nice daily driver.
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about ep civics?   Anyone know anything about ep civics? Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 10:19 pm

Nice I need winter rims and tires. If my car is the shits in the winter I might try tracking down some oem springs and putting it back to stock or driving the truck.

Is it fully stock you need to post a pic of this. Have fun with it anyways fun car to drive around, well to me used to have a golf but you have a evo lol.

Mind you my car isn't very fuel efficient it seems comparing to my golf though. But the gas gauges on these cars are really weird some people report that the gauge went to half a tank after 50 miles but still had I dunno how many gallons in the tank. But I like how cheap it is to fill up.

The only euro gold ep's I've seen almost always have black painted/cf hoods
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about ep civics?   Anyone know anything about ep civics? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone know anything about ep civics?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: General-
Jump to: