Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Relocation: Wire!

Go down 
+2
RyanR
corey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Relocation: Wire! Empty
PostSubject: Relocation: Wire!   Relocation: Wire! Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 7:57 pm

Alright I am relocating my battery and can't for the life of me remember the place I was told to go to purchase the wire needed. Also what gauge is suggested and should I keep the ground location or ground it in the trunk area?
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

Number of posts : 752
Vehicle : 2008 Toyota Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Relocation: Wire!   Relocation: Wire! Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 8:38 pm

corey wrote:
Alright I am relocating my battery and can't for the life of me remember the place I was told to go to purchase the wire needed. Also what gauge is suggested and should I keep the ground location or ground it in the trunk area?

Are you going to do it to NHRA specs?
Back to top Go down
http://www.306motorclub.com
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Relocation: Wire!   Relocation: Wire! Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 9:18 pm

0 Gauge
Back to top Go down
phoez
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1337
Vehicle : nokia + xj
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Relocation: Wire!   Relocation: Wire! Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 9:25 pm

0ga and 2-4ga for the fusebox
Back to top Go down
Fuckbag
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Relocation: Wire!   Relocation: Wire! Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 10:12 pm

1 ought, and use the same size for ground, and find a good solid chassis member to ground too
Back to top Go down
greddy_1700
Rank 5
Rank 5
greddy_1700

Number of posts : 654
Vehicle : 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Relocation: Wire!   Relocation: Wire! Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 10:20 pm

corey wrote:

Come see me at NAPA tomorrow, we sell it by the foot, if i remember correctly. We also sell cheap battery box's if you want.
Back to top Go down
Fuckbag
Rank 2
Rank 2

PostSubject: Re: Relocation: Wire!   Relocation: Wire! Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 10:47 pm

if its being mounted in a hatch back it needs to have a steel or aluminum box mounted to a frame member with 3/8 hardware and have a vent
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

Number of posts : 752
Vehicle : 2008 Toyota Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Relocation: Wire!   Relocation: Wire! Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 11:07 pm

Fuckbag wrote:
if its being mounted in a hatch back it needs to have a steel or aluminum box mounted to a frame member with 3/8 hardware and have a vent

correct, also you need an external battery cutoff switch. Its alot of work Corey, but ask Clark at work he did his the correct way on his talon
Back to top Go down
http://www.306motorclub.com
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Relocation: Wire!   Relocation: Wire! Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2008, 12:39 am

Hey, I work all tomorrow but next week some time I will stop by at NAPA on my lunch break.

I'm thinking it'd be best to do it by regulations just to be same that way I can never be turned away from an event or something. Is there anywhere with the regulations stated that I could check off to make sure everything is done to a T.

Also should I just use the existing ground then or ground it in the trunk(yes, it is a coupe) Also mounting it to the trunk just drill holes and bolt it? Meaning I will have to drop the gas tank to finish it off?
Back to top Go down
phoez
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1337
Vehicle : nokia + xj
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Relocation: Wire!   Relocation: Wire! Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2008, 1:46 am

corey wrote:
Hey, I work all tomorrow but next week some time I will stop by at NAPA on my lunch break.

I'm thinking it'd be best to do it by regulations just to be same that way I can never be turned away from an event or something. Is there anywhere with the regulations stated that I could check off to make sure everything is done to a T.

Also should I just use the existing ground then or ground it in the trunk(yes, it is a coupe) Also mounting it to the trunk just drill holes and bolt it? Meaning I will have to drop the gas tank to finish it off?

you can mount it wherever you want. and you run the shortest ground possible.
Back to top Go down
Fuckbag
Rank 2
Rank 2

PostSubject: Re: Relocation: Wire!   Relocation: Wire! Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2008, 3:56 am

it has to be mounted to chassis rail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Relocation: Wire!   Relocation: Wire! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Relocation: Wire!
Page 1 of 1