Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are HID's Illegal?

Go down 
+5
Maniac
gotchia
Thai-kun
corey
xTitan69x
9 posters
AuthorMessage
xTitan69x
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 78
Vehicle : 2011 Genesis Coupe 2.0T GT
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Are HID's Illegal? Empty
PostSubject: Are HID's Illegal?   Are HID's Illegal? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 12:38 am

I want to get some put into my car soon, but I need to know first if they are illegal or not because if they are then obviously I wont be putting them in.

Anyways, Holla at me, Thankz.

Regards,
Tyler.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Are HID's Illegal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are HID's Illegal?   Are HID's Illegal? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 12:42 am

Not so much...

IF you do decide to go against the grain and do them, make sure they aren't in a reflective housing and make sure they aren't aimed to blind, I guess they will blind regardless though.
Back to top Go down
Thai-kun
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 810
Vehicle : 2000 Honda S2000 [AP1]
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Are HID's Illegal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are HID's Illegal?   Are HID's Illegal? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 12:43 am

If aimed properly, you should be fine.
Back to top Go down
gotchia
Rank 2
Rank 2
gotchia

Number of posts : 63
Vehicle : 2000 honda civic
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Are HID's Illegal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are HID's Illegal?   Are HID's Illegal? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 12:43 am

i heard they cant be any more then 8000k
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Are HID's Illegal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are HID's Illegal?   Are HID's Illegal? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 12:45 am

I have 6000k aimed low with little glare retro tsx projectors coming soon.
Back to top Go down
xTitan69x
Rank 2
Rank 2

Are HID's Illegal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are HID's Illegal?   Are HID's Illegal? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 12:47 am

Assuming I buy them, where should I buy them from, what amount is of k is the minimum for the light blue effect, and how much do they cost for the lights and to get installed?
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Are HID's Illegal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are HID's Illegal?   Are HID's Illegal? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 12:49 am

xTitan69x wrote:
Assuming I buy them, where should I buy them from, what amount is of k is the minimum for the light blue effect, and how much do they cost for the lights and to get installed?
PM Playboyz28 he not only sells kits, but installs them and is rather good at it. I'm sure a few others around here could vouch for him. He installed a kit in Supra's car.
Back to top Go down
xTitan69x
Rank 2
Rank 2

Are HID's Illegal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are HID's Illegal?   Are HID's Illegal? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 12:52 am

How much do those kits cost, and what is the minimum "k" that i would need to make that light blue effect? And can he install them on a 240sx?
Back to top Go down
kkid28
Rank 4
Rank 4
kkid28

Number of posts : 379
Vehicle : 93 Bird
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Are HID's Illegal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are HID's Illegal?   Are HID's Illegal? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 1:05 am

xTitan69x wrote:
How much do those kits cost, and what is the minimum "k" that i would need to make that light blue effect? And can he install them on a 240sx?

This ad's been on Used Regina for a while, it's got a bunch of info. $150 installed, any temperature you want.
http://www.usedregina.com/classified-ad/5282498
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Are HID's Illegal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are HID's Illegal?   Are HID's Illegal? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 7:56 am

All headlamps must be WHITE in colour
as defined by Society of Automotive
Engineers. White lamps have been tested
to meet all headlamp requirements.
• Maximum wattage allowed in a headlamp
is 70 watts.
Blue and green lamps are designated for use on
emergency vehicles only.
• Red lamps to front are reserved for emergency
vehicles and school bus warning lamps.
• High intensity bulbs may assist the driver of the
vehicle but are blinding to oncoming traffic.
• Colored bulbs give a distorted headlamp pattern,
which may prevent the driver from seeing a
person or object at the road edge or starting to
cross the road

From what I can tell, you're good to go with HIDs, just please putthem in a projector housing, I'm sure no one like being blinded by peopel who stick them in regular housings
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Are HID's Illegal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are HID's Illegal?   Are HID's Illegal? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 8:28 am

I have 4300k hid's in my saturn but if i was to get them again on a new vehicle I would definetly retrofit with some TSX hid projectors, not halogen projectors. Atleast this way you get the most out of them and dont blind everyone. With halogens the light is just scattered everywhere
Back to top Go down
playboyz28
Rank 4
Rank 4
playboyz28

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Snap-On Tool Truck
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Are HID's Illegal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are HID's Illegal?   Are HID's Illegal? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 6:41 pm

its hard to match some prices on usedregina. I charge a little more but I gaurantee my work. I've seen some shody hid installs and had to fix a few of them.

But if you're interested, pm me and I can give you a good price Smile
Back to top Go down
playboyz28
Rank 4
Rank 4
playboyz28

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Snap-On Tool Truck
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Are HID's Illegal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are HID's Illegal?   Are HID's Illegal? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 6:43 pm

xTitan69x wrote:

And yes, i can installon a 240sx as well. Just need a different headlight housing.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Are HID's Illegal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are HID's Illegal?   Are HID's Illegal? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 6:53 pm

corey wrote:
xTitan69x wrote:
PM Playboyz28 he not only sells kits, but installs them and is rather good at it. I'm sure a few others around here could vouch for him. He installed a kit in Supra's car.

Yea he did a good job on my car, absolutly no issues with them so far. Although i wish my stock headlight housings werent so shitty Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Are HID's Illegal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are HID's Illegal?   Are HID's Illegal? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 7:22 pm

Don't do blue tinge, saw it today on a Civic. Not only did it look gay but was annoying as fuck when he was behind me during the daylight even.
Back to top Go down
Thai-kun
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 810
Vehicle : 2000 Honda S2000 [AP1]
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Are HID's Illegal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are HID's Illegal?   Are HID's Illegal? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 7:26 pm

playboyz28 wrote:
xTitan69x wrote:

And yes, i can installon a 240sx as well. Just need a different headlight housing.

I can vouch for Jason, he does great work, they looked great when he put them on my old Civic, and I'm sure they'll look great when they're in my Supra Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Are HID's Illegal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are HID's Illegal?   Are HID's Illegal? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are HID's Illegal?
Page 1 of 1