Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what to save up for

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-08-10

what to save up for Empty
PostSubject: what to save up for   what to save up for Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2008, 1:03 am

I need some opinions so for the springtime I'm saving money now, should I turbo my stock a3 which has 70K for around 4 grand or save that money and a buddy builds a fully built k24 block for 3000 plus about another grand for a k20a2 head plus a grand for kpro. Anyone deal with revhard turbo kit or peakboost

I think the turbo I might do first since I can had a little pep to this a3 with modest boost plus I can sell the turbo kit easier then I can this a3 unless someone wants a k swap for cheap.
Back to top Go down
dr.dub
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: what to save up for   what to save up for Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2008, 3:09 am

performance plus out of saskatoon deals with those turbo kits. there's a guy in stoon that has the peak kit on his rsx and loves it.
Back to top Go down
taylorvw
Rank 8
Rank 8
taylorvw

Number of posts : 1554
Vehicle : ce9a
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: what to save up for   what to save up for Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2008, 5:43 pm

save up. boost. run 6-8psi since your motor will handle that pretty safely. Then see if you want to go higher in the hp numbers. but with that your going to need to do up your internals somewhat which all costs money, but then it also comes down to power to weight ratio. Although your car being one of the heaviest gen of hatches weighing upwards to 2750lbs with a measly 160hp. You might be happy with running 6 ponds of boost and having 220whp or around there. Which is plenty for the street, Search up more on honda-tech.com and read up on others builds, see which you think will work best for you and is best bang for your buck if thats what your going for. just my opinion though..

Peak Boost ftw. rabbit
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: what to save up for   what to save up for Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2008, 10:17 pm

I hate honda tech i go to ephatch.com A man named guardian is installing a peak boost in his car but thats on a k24 a2 frank and he will surely pass the 500hp mark on it.
Back to top Go down
taylorvw
Rank 8
Rank 8
taylorvw

Number of posts : 1554
Vehicle : ce9a
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: what to save up for   what to save up for Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2008, 4:25 am

good for him? not many people will give two shits about what you think your going to do to your car until we see it done. good luck.
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: what to save up for   what to save up for Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2008, 3:41 pm

ya kpro is first this fall though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what to save up for   what to save up for Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what to save up for
Page 1 of 1