Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ignition FUCK me

Go down 
+2
Marshal
CamJohns122
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2008, 5:48 pm

OK well i thought it was my timing that was causing my car to backfire outta the intake and other such things. Turns out timing is dead on and its the ignition, once i get the car back after having it checked it wont even turn on now and i have no spark,

i replaced cap and rotor and still nothing im thinking either coil or plug wires.

any other ideas as to why it wont spark
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2008, 6:14 pm

well like I told you on the phone, I doubt it will be the wires. All 4 wires done't usually fail all at once. If your car has a coil, I'd check that, also, check all your fuses and relays... you never know. So you have no spark whatsoever? I find that wierd, the car worked before takign it into mitsubishi, and now it won't. But I won't point any fingers, I jstu don't trust many people.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2008, 6:31 pm

Did you check the oil?
Back to top Go down
playboyz28
Rank 4
Rank 4
playboyz28

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Snap-On Tool Truck
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2008, 11:11 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:
OK well i thought it was my timing that was causing my car to backfire outta the intake and other such things. Turns out timing is dead on and its the ignition, once i get the car back after having it checked it wont even turn on now and i have no spark,

i replaced cap and rotor and still nothing im thinking either coil or plug wires.

any other ideas as to why it wont spark

the car was running bad to begin with, barely started, it just got progressively worse and it was bound to eventually not start at all, just happened to do it now.
I would like to help you out buddy but looks like you already have your team of mechanics working on it.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2008, 11:20 pm

Get out the multi meter and start testing. Is there any power going into the coil?
Back to top Go down
playboyz28
Rank 4
Rank 4
playboyz28

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2008, 11:23 pm

Supra wrote:
Get out the multi meter and start testing. Is there any power going into the coil?

They are all built into the distributer..assembly
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2008, 11:24 pm

ah, that sucks. I wish I knew more about those honda's. Im actually suprised in that year they still had distributors.

Sounds like this car has some serious wiring issues.. Was the swap a hack job or what?
Back to top Go down
playboyz28
Rank 4
Rank 4
playboyz28

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2008, 11:29 pm

mmm...it was done right, I think. But sometimes parts fail..even hondas dont last forever.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2008, 11:30 pm

playboyz28 wrote:
mmm...it was done right, I think. But sometimes parts fail..even hondas dont last forever.. Smile

Very true, its a machine sometimes parts can last 10 years, sometimes 10 days you just never know.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2008, 2:06 am

so do i pull the coil next and test it or what?
Back to top Go down
phoez
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1337
Vehicle : nokia + xj
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2008, 5:13 am

you should answer your phone
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2008, 1:31 pm

ePHin wrote:
you should answer your phone
lol he was with the lady friend last night
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2008, 5:56 pm

I didn't mean to be offenseive to mitsubishi techs, I've just had bad experience, becasue everywhere I've taken my car, something terrible has happened.
Get an OHM meter, and check the resistance of each spark plug. if it is within spec, then your wires are fine. Any cracks on teh distributor? Is there any water in there? you never know.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2008, 6:02 pm

Supra wrote:
ah, that sucks. I wish I knew more about those honda's. Im actually suprised in that year they still had distributors.

Sounds like this car has some serious wiring issues.. Was the swap a hack job or what?
The swap looks like it was done fairly nicely, its just the wiring to the rest of the car. It is all wired with speaker wire if I remember correctly, all the same colour speaker wire. I know that made it a bitch to wire in cam's stereo. So mush that I didn't even want to attemp it. But maybe cam changed that out.
keep up the updates cam
Back to top Go down
phoez
Rank 7
Rank 7

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2008, 8:16 pm

Boxyisbetter wrote:
I didn't mean to be offenseive to mitsubishi techs, I've just had bad experience, becasue everywhere I've taken my car, something terrible has happened.
Get an OHM meter, and check the resistance of each spark plug. if it is within spec, then your wires are fine. Any cracks on teh distributor? Is there any water in there? you never know.

well his plug wires never did sit in there snug, they usually came loose.
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2008, 8:28 pm

and i always thought vw's were a PITA
Back to top Go down
phoez
Rank 7
Rank 7

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2008, 8:34 pm

JBlack09 wrote:
and i always thought vw's were a PITA

imo this only happens when you buy a ghettorigged whip. lol
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 1:14 am

lol such as the windows of a certain red celica??
Back to top Go down
phoez
Rank 7
Rank 7

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 2:35 am

JBlack09 wrote:
lol such as the windows of a certain red celica??

haha no comment
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 2:43 am

No the speaker wire was just for when he put in acutaors everything else is fine tho
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2008, 3:11 am

WOO HOO got it started today but now its only running off of 2 cylinders? Any ideas? im gonna try replacing the wires to as they look like garbage none the less and theres a sale going on so i can get a good set for cheap
Back to top Go down
phoez
Rank 7
Rank 7

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2008, 6:15 am

what was needed to get it running?

and where the fuck is my sig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ignition FUCK me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignition FUCK me   Ignition FUCK me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ignition FUCK me
Page 1 of 1