Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Powdercoating

Go down 
+3
Marshal
laynehip
Black
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Powdercoating Empty
PostSubject: Powdercoating   Powdercoating Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2008, 3:00 pm

Anywhere to get rims powder coated in Regina? How much $$ is it?
(Want to get my stock rims powder coated black)
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Powdercoating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powdercoating   Powdercoating Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2008, 3:43 pm

JBlack09 wrote:
Anywhere to get rims powder coated in Regina? How much $$ is it?
(Want to get my stock rims powder coated black)
i heard powder coating rims was a really bad idea
but that was with like suv's and stuff so who knows
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Powdercoating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powdercoating   Powdercoating Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2008, 3:58 pm

powdercoating will cost lots of money. you might as well jsut buy some aftermarket rims for the price it will cost to powercoat them. getting them painted with a machined lip is about $150/wheel. powedercoating will cost atleast $200, probably more, maybe less. Put I seriously think you could get some nice black aftermarket wheels for less. plus, if you go your way, you'll still have stock rims when you're done. Just my opinion though
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Powdercoating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powdercoating   Powdercoating Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2008, 5:20 pm

Shift_Now wrote:
powdercoating will cost lots of money. you might as well jsut buy some aftermarket rims for the price it will cost to powercoat them. getting them painted with a machined lip is about $150/wheel. powedercoating will cost atleast $200, probably more, maybe less. Put I seriously think you could get some nice black aftermarket wheels for less. plus, if you go your way, you'll still have stock rims when you're done. Just my opinion though
I wanted to keep the stock volkswagen rims.... what is the difference between getting them painted and powdercoated?? Question
Back to top Go down
Jason-
Rank 3
Rank 3
Jason-

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Powdercoating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powdercoating   Powdercoating Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2008, 5:39 pm

JBlack09 wrote:
Shift_Now wrote:
I wanted to keep the stock volkswagen rims.... what is the difference between getting them painted and powdercoated?? Question

Powder coat is a dry powder, it is a very strong and can stand alot of abuse.
and paint is paint.

Also there are only two powder coaters in the city if I remember and their waiting lists are very long especially for small jobs.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Powdercoating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powdercoating   Powdercoating Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2008, 6:21 pm

From what ive heard theyre is a big waiting list but powder coating is cheap for my valve cover intake and other such car items i was only quoted like 100 bucks if that but that was if i wanted to wait 3 months
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Powdercoating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powdercoating   Powdercoating Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2008, 6:40 pm

$100 for powdercoating, or $15 to paint it? and this is all for a valve cover, rims need substantially more paint.
Powdercoating is where they take paint powder(witha positive charge), and spray it onto the item(negative chagre), and they heat it up to cure it. It is very strong, but it can still chip. Paint is easier, cheaper, and it can still last a long itme as long as you take care of them
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Powdercoating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powdercoating   Powdercoating Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2008, 6:45 pm

just spraypaint them.

Sand
Primer
Paint
Clearcoat

heres a pic of my old crx, i painted the stock rims black and didnt even clearcoat them and they turned out pretty sweet

and if i were you id do a red lip on yours that would look sweetPowdercoating Picture012_edited-1
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Powdercoating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powdercoating   Powdercoating Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2008, 7:23 pm

JP wrote:

and if i were you id do a red lip on yours that would look sweet

red lip is the plan... i think i'll contact regina wheel works... see what they say... marshal you got your painted right?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Powdercoating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powdercoating   Powdercoating Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2008, 8:18 pm

yea, I got mine painted at Regian Wheel Works. Good stuff. And if you are getting a red lip, you have to get them painted. Powdercoating will just be a waste. Save your money, get them painted, and see if they can put a nice red lip on them
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Powdercoating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powdercoating   Powdercoating Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2008, 9:56 pm

Powdercoating DSC00237
Powdercoating DSC00393
Powdercoating DSC00394
Powdercoating DSC00396
Powdercoating DSC00398

Doooo itttttt.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Powdercoating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powdercoating   Powdercoating Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2008, 2:16 am

that is fuckin sweet man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Powdercoating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powdercoating   Powdercoating Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Powdercoating
Page 1 of 1