Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WOW more electrical problems

Go down 
+3
raboyto2
CamJohns122
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

WOW more electrical problems Empty
PostSubject: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 9:40 pm

Ok so iono what happened but i all of a sudden have no instrument lights ie) guages, climate control etc. and i have no running lights anymore like no tail lights or anything so my car cannot be driven at night, i checked all the fuses and theyre all tip top, any other ideas

D3v? wondering if you know anything you redid like all your wiring?

Someone pleasee help i cant drive my car till i get this fixed
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 11:06 pm

x2... none of my instrument lights are working and neither are the backlights to my gauges
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 11:11 pm

Fd3S wrote:
x2... none of my instrument lights are working and neither are the backlights to my gauges

in your civic?
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 11:20 pm

i had this problem twice. Once in my 240sx. No dash lights or tail lights. Turned out to be a small resistor behind the Heads Up Display. Had fun replacing that in -30 weather. Ill never forget the frost burn.

Second time was in my brothers dodge colt. Putting in a cd player and hooked up the ground to what i thought was a ground. Deck worked fine (the wire acted like a ground) but dash lights and tail lights did not work. Had to make a ground from scratch and that solved my problem. I didnt even know where to start looking because i didnt even suspect the cd player. A few guys on 306 said it was pretty common.

Soo.... what im getting at is that it could be a million different things. Find a wiring diagram for your vehicle and start highlighting things that dont work and more then likely they will all be connected somewhere. I hate electrical, its a bitch.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 11:22 pm

Yeah well ive read many people have installed pioneer decks in theyre civic and the extra wires must be capped etc, etc, and i just recently installed one so im gonna check that, what kind of wiring diagram are you referring to i got diagrams for the fuse box and such
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 11:27 pm

*EDIT* i have a second problem some how my reverse light and tail light have gotten revsered so that the socket for the reverse light is the tail light and the socket for the tail light is the reverse light, anyone have any idea how to right this wrong?
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2008, 12:33 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:
*EDIT* i have a second problem some how my reverse light and tail light have gotten revsered so that the socket for the reverse light is the tail light and the socket for the tail light is the reverse light, anyone have any idea how to right this wrong?
lol wait so when you step on the brake your reverse lights go on??? hahahah wow that would screw up people behind you!
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2008, 12:35 pm

no lol not that its just that the socket for my tail light and reverse light are some how mixed but function the same like the sockets only fit in certain slots so when i go reverse my one reverse light lights up but its not my brake light its my driving tail lights
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2008, 12:36 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:
no lol not that its just that the socket for my tail light and reverse light are some how mixed but function the same like the sockets only fit in certain slots so when i go reverse my one reverse light lights up but its not my brake light its my driving tail lights
lol okay, damn why can't it be what i suggested, that would be funny
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2008, 12:39 pm

cause thatd be worse and i already cant drive my car at night anymore
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2008, 4:10 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:
Fd3S wrote:

in your civic?

yeah... i installed my deck last friday and now none of the backlights. i double checked and everything is hooked up correctly and the illumination wire isnt hooked to anything (nothing to hook it to). I dunno if its a fuse or what but i need it fixed sooooon
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2008, 4:33 pm

Yeah well i bought a new fuse box so i hope thatll fix it im gonna pull the stereo to and make sure everything is capped off nicely
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2008, 5:50 pm

If anyone can help me pull my fuse box and install the new one thatd be great, also anyone have a multimeter?
Back to top Go down
phoez
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1337
Vehicle : nokia + xj
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2008, 8:15 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:
If anyone can help me pull my fuse box and install the new one thatd be great, also anyone have a multimeter?

interior fuse box or the engine bay one.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2008, 10:34 pm

It is the interior fuse box

well i skipped school and went to CWS and bought a new fuse box cause i believe thats my problem, i also couldnt help myself and picked up a mint set of Si door panels cause theyre becoming rare now i can get rid of mine that have big holes in em

I then proceeded to start my dismantle of the fuse box and prob gonna clear out some of the other wires under there to.

Also if anyone could help me once i change out the fuse boxes id like someone who knows abotu this stuff to take a look around just to make sure its not gonna blow again
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2008, 12:26 am

Ok well i know i need a new fuse box cause mine short circuited but i believe i have a short somewhere, how easy are they to find? also does anyone have a multimeter i could borrow to locate this short
Back to top Go down
phoez
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2008, 3:40 am

i might have a multimeter just give me a call tomorrow after 3
Back to top Go down
playboyz28
Rank 4
Rank 4
playboyz28

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Snap-On Tool Truck
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 1:34 am

CamJohns122 wrote:
Ok well i know i need a new fuse box cause mine short circuited but i believe i have a short somewhere, how easy are they to find? also does anyone have a multimeter i could borrow to locate this short

yea, gotta find the short before the new fuse box goes in..otherwise ...another fuse box..eek
Back to top Go down
phoez
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 2:08 am

i've yet to hear of a faulty fusebox.. lol
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 10:01 am

rkin wrote:

thats what i thought till i somehow short circuited mine wait till you see what its been doing to my fuses cause i put a new fuse in and nothing so cam from CWS took a look and said i short circuited my fuse box
Back to top Go down
playboyz28
Rank 4
Rank 4
playboyz28

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Snap-On Tool Truck
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 1:53 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:
rkin wrote:

thats what i thought till i somehow short circuited mine wait till you see what its been doing to my fuses cause i put a new fuse in and nothing so cam from CWS took a look and said i short circuited my fuse box

maybe there's no main power to the fusebox?
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 2:20 pm

No no cuase its just those two that dont work
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 10:57 pm

PLEASSSSSSEEE HELP replaced the fuse box and everything worked nicely cept no reverse lights, went to drive it and no signal lights or clock either, all the fuses are brand new and all the connectors are in properly

only thing i can think of is a wire pulled outta a connector when removing them maybe
Back to top Go down
phoez
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 11:11 pm

piece of shit hondas. scratch
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 11:20 pm

FUck if someone buys it ill pay to have it fixed i want the thing outta my site jesus, if anyone has ideas as to what i could check into please let me know.

guess otmorrow ill be going through all the circuits with a multimeter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WOW more electrical problems   WOW more electrical problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WOW more electrical problems
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next