Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wheel breaks, car = fucked.

Go down 
+14
veedub
1eightySX
subbie
Black
Jhall
Moneypits
james
Marshal.
00devo00
Golks
jdm_itr
Heretic
240sxy
Bjohnson
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Bjohnson

Number of posts : 1871
Vehicle : 2001 Honda S2000
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 4:09 pm

Moneypits wrote:
Bjohnson wrote:
Golks wrote:
Well if they aren't BBS's I would be very surprised if they weren't OEM'd from Enkei or Ray's.

i just noticed about a month ago that the factory wheels from my s2000 and moms CSX are Enkei's. very interesting!

Uh Oh Enkei Doesnt say anything about there quality standards!! Better get your parents to replace em

replaced come springtime, one step ahead of ya!
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 4:57 pm

The factory wheels on my mazda were made by enkei as well. I am sure enkei is reputable. However, I am actually with Brayden on this. You pay for what you get. I understand where Jordan is coming from and I can appreciate that.

I am not saying I am set and stone and of course there are exceptions but Wheels are like shoes. I am sure most of the people on this forum aren't wearing no-name shoes and I find with shoes you pay for what you get.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 5:11 pm

1eightySX wrote:
I am not saying I am set and stone and of course there are exceptions but Wheels are like shoes. I am sure most of the people on this forum aren't wearing no-name shoes and I find with shoes you pay for what you get.

LOL your kidding right?? gettin what you pay for would be like buying a good orthapedic shoe they never look fly but they are well built and quality etc

Majority of people on here probably own Nike, Converse, Ipath, DC etc etc which quality wise are esssentially the Rota's and XXR's of the shoe world, look great, shitty quality.

Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 5:32 pm

my question to everyone is:

what makes an xxr any different then something you buy at walmart/canadian tire?

for the sake of the conversation, the vehicle is a Saturn SC2.
an xxr may even be cheaper,
per application they will both fit fine.
they are both readily available to purchase.

discuss
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 5:33 pm

word, i wear 40 dollar dcs that destroy my feet but look sweet lol
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

Number of posts : 1718
Vehicle : MKII Jetta
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 6:31 pm

240sxy wrote:

what makes an xxr any different then something you buy at walmart/canadian tire?

discuss

What really. You're a troll and a half. They are round and aluminum, end of story. Your car gets you from point A to Point B, in that way your FC does the exact same thing a Saturn SC does.

Like I said before if you pay for a cast wheel, you get a cast wheel. You pay more, you get forged, and 2 or 3 pc wheels. Wheels like shoes, serve one real function. But brand = price you paid. And that's what people want, something somebody else doesn't have or can't afford. Also some of my name brand shoes suck shit. Like my DC's don't breath and give me stinky feet, my Vans which cost less are more comfortable, and breath better. The Nike gym shoes I bought fell to shit in a few months. My cheap Walmart ones refuse to even though I wish they would fall apart. Seems sometime you don't actually get what you pay for. Sad

Last edited by Heretic on November 15th 2011, 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 7:28 pm

My stockers are OZ (despite being heavy as shit)
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 7:41 pm

Both my Audi and VW OEM wheels are made by Ronal, most of my sportbikes had Enkei OEM wheels. I think Enkei is still the #1 OEM wheel manufacture.

Rota actually makes some OEM wheels as well.
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 7:45 pm

Last edited by ... on February 18th 2021, 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 7:47 pm

Heretic wrote:
240sxy wrote:

discuss

What really. You're a troll and a half. They are round and aluminum, end of story. Your car gets you from point A to Point B, in that way your FC does the exact same thing a Saturn SC does.

Like I said before if you pay for a cast wheel, you get a cast wheel. You pay more, you get forged, and 2 or 3 pc wheels. Wheels like shoes, serve one real function. But brand = price you paid. And that's what people want, something somebody else doesn't have or can't afford. Also some of my name brand shoes suck shit. Like my DC's don't breath and give me stinky feet, my Vans which cost less are more comfortable, and breath better. The Nike gym shoes I bought fell to shit in a few months. My cheap Walmart ones refuse to even though I wish they would fall apart. Seems sometime you don't actually get what you pay for. Sad

yeah
and my FC is also N/A. i didnt buy it for performance. the Jlines were originally on the FD if you can remember. Forged and light as fuck 18's.
troll? or are you just a bit sour about the comparison i made.
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 11:04 pm

Meh I don't care either way. Most wheels you can get locally are just flat out ugly, and I like Saturns. But I would do a bagged SW2 wagon, not a coupe.

The fact is with wheels and even cars, the only people it matters too are people who follow it. It's like designer clothes. I could give a fuck about your True Religon jeans and how many normal people walking down the street will even know what they are worth? But if it makes you happy that's all that matters. Same deal with wheels and cars. Do you know how many people wouldn't know the difference between a 300zx and a Stealth if they saw one drive down the road. Or a set of Spoons vs Slipstreams....or how many people even know what Spoon or Rota are?

I make no bones about it, car shit is weird.. I can't talk about my passion with my wife, my parents, or most people at a family function. They don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. It's us that's out of the Norm not them....

Also Evan, Jordan, and myself have XXR's and heavily modifying cars under the hood, swapped engines, etc. Yet it seems the cars in the city on very high end wheels have nothing at all going on under the hood. Nothing wrong with either, but that's the only trend I can seem to connect. Also I don't see people with XXR and Rota's starting dumb threads about how people with work wheels wasted there money because our wheels hold tires just as well for those hard parking nights at the ledge....just saying is all. I mean obviously if I had endless budget I would have bought real mini-lites in Forged Magnesium but I don't so for what I paid I'm happy. Which was a blessing since I just ordered 2 more.

And completely off topic....wheels of any brand don't spontaneously fall to pieces.

Expect for this Enkei RPF01, guy was just driving along at 20km/h and bam......fell to pieces.
Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 368517825

Ohh and this enkei
Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 368517827

And these Team Dynamics....guy was actually parked....and BAM wheel rolled away.
Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 365942032

These Advans, they broke in the garage. Guy went to bed, the next morning he found it like this.
Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 368517823

These SSR's too
Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 368517860

This is a stock 350z wheel
Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 368517857
this too
Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 368517863

HRE, forged. I believe this guy shined one of those laser lights at them and this hat happened.
Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 368518233

Rays
Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 IMG_2538Resized
Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 365942037

CE28's
Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 DSC_0424

Work Emotion...rumour has it these ones actually did just crack, and the owner has no idea when or where it happened.
Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Crackedwork

Now I have heard of one wheel actually been crack prone, and that's the OZ Ultraleggera series. You can google that yourself, it's not a cheap wheel, made in Italy. Pretty respected, but lots and lots of people have had cracked ones. But they don't outright fail.
Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Brokenrim2

Last edited by Heretic on November 15th 2011, 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Bjohnson

Vehicle : 2001 Honda S2000
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 11:21 pm

Heretic wrote:
Meh I don't care either way. Most wheels you can get locally are just flat out ugly, and I like Saturns. But I would do a bagged SW2 wagon, not a coupe.

The fact is with wheels and even cars, the only people it matters too are people who follow it. It's like designer clothes. I could give a fuck about your True Religon jeans and how many normal people walking down the street will even know what they are worth? But if it makes you happy that's all that matters. Same deal with wheels and cars. Do you know how many people wouldn't know the difference between a 300zx and a Stealth if they saw one drive down the road. Or a set of Spoons vs Slipstreams....or how many people even know what Spoon or Rota are?

I make no bones about it, car shit is weird.. I can't talk about my passion with my wife, my parents, or most people at a family function. They don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. It's us that's out of the Norm not them....

Also Evan, Jordan, and myself have XXR's and heavily modifying cars under the hood, swapped engines, etc. Yet it seems the cars in the city on very high end wheels have nothing at all going on under the hood. Nothing wrong with either, but that's the only trend I can seem to connect. Also I don't see people with XXR and Rota's starting dumb threads about how people with work wheels wasted there money because our wheels hold tires just as well for those hard parking nights at the ledge....just saying is all. I mean obviously if I had endless budget I would have bought really mini-lites in Forged Magnesium but I don't so for what I paid I'm happy. Which was a blessing since I just ordered 2 more.

your first part is completely irrelevant, this thread was posted on a car forum for people into cars that know about wheel brands to discuss. Talking about outsiders not understanding is completely useless. Also, yes you and many people have XXR's and more under the hood. Did you cheap out under the hood? if you didnt, why did you stop at the wheels? Its all the same concept. quality over quantity, for me at least lol.
Back to top Go down
Golks
Rank 5
Rank 5
Golks

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : '98 Honda
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 11:33 pm

More proof that Enkei is shit. This guy was stock car racing at the Indy 500 and the face of his wheel fell off and he crashed into the wall. Because of this wheel failure he lost race. Sad

Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 DSC_0475
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 12:04 am

Moneypits wrote:
1eightySX wrote:

LOL your kidding right?? gettin what you pay for would be like buying a good orthapedic shoe they never look fly but they are well built and quality etc

Majority of people on here probably own Nike, Converse, Ipath, DC etc etc which quality wise are esssentially the Rota's and XXR's of the shoe world, look great, shitty quality.

You are an idiot.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 1:55 am

notice how most of those volks only have hairline cracks, and DIDNT shatter to pieces. that black wheel that was cracked in half, the brake rotor fell on it and cut into it. same with the enkei.

also that advan, that car was in a MASSIVE accident from awhile back, and that wheel hit first, HM why didnt it shatter into a million pieces like the XXR that was first posted.

the black "HRE" too? nice centercap on that one.

i dont even know why people bring ENKEi into this, especially RPF1, its a cast aluminum wheel, you can get a brand new set for $1200, big deal. light? maybe a little lighter, among the ranks of VOLKS and SSR? not a chance. it doesntmatter if enkei was used on f1 cars, all i see being posted is rpf1, so im going to talk about rpf1.

how many MORE isntances of exploding wheels are there between cheap / expensive wheels.

like come ON. i thought you were way smarter then this.

BY THE WAY. ILL LEAVE THIS RIGHT HERE. all of this nonsense, and its still in one piece.
Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Bend2

btw, im tired of you talking out of your ass making people think youre smart, when you just spend 10 minutes googling the subject and read and spit back here.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3019568&page=3
i used to respect that you were old and wise, but now not so much.
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 3:48 am

We all get it Adrian, your the car god of Regina and nothing could ever top your J-Lines.

Also, could you explain how Volks and SSR are any better than Enkei, they are all massive supporters of racing teams around the world and are all tried/tested and true. Because Volks and SSR's cost more its GOTTA mean they're better right? I call a big pile of bullshit on that one.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 4:13 am

you must be the most retarded kid ever. i even JUST said.
im going to talk about RPF1, even though enkei wheels were/are used in f1.
and then you want me to compare for arguments sake, Te37 to RPf1. is this really happening?
do you know the difference between forged and cast? forged allows a wheel to be much lighter, while being stronger
did you know a 15x7 te37 is 9.1 lbs and a 15x7 rpf1 is 15.8. thats almost a 7lb difference per corner of unsprung weight on a wheel thats 15" big. thats insane.
this isnt about what i own, even if i owned shitty wheels id still know the difference in quality
typical SD.
Back to top Go down
Marshal.
Rank 6
Rank 6
Marshal.

Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 7:44 am

unsprung weight makes a huge difference.

But unless you are worried about getting all you can out at the track, Im betting over 75% of people on the forum will not even be able to feel the difference in unsprung weight.
I believe thats what everyone is getting at here. You get what you pay for, but when it comes down to it, lots of people dont even really care, except the few who obviously do and take the time to point it out. Some people are wheels snobs, some will scoff and anything less than 500whp, Im personally a big fan of nice bodywork.
If all people cared about was the strenght and intergrity of a wheel, steel wheels would be in. But when it comes down to it, thats not the case. We want what others cant have. We like to see heads turn when we drive, and a little part of us hopes they see the brand on our wheels or exhaust. Thats what this really comes down to for most poeple on here becasue I know no one here is really concerned with everyone else's safety as they drive down the road.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 9:20 am

1eightySX wrote:
Moneypits wrote:
1eightySX wrote:

You are an idiot.

And your a weird old man with a hard on for the owner of fatlace

Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 10:20 am

Just so we are all clear Cam, you essentially compared Volk light weight racing wheels to orthopedic shoes. Instead of say, oh I don't know maybe a light weight running shoe.

Sure, I guess I have a "hard on" for Fatlace... but I'd rather know what I like than know nothing at all.

Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 10:39 am

bahahah i love QCA once everyone's cars are put away LOL
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 1:26 pm

Why would I do that I was just comparing quality wise.

sandals are lightweight i wouldnt compare those to volks

give your head a shake bud
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 1:39 pm

240sxy wrote:
you must be the most retarded kid ever. i even JUST said.
im going to talk about RPF1, even though enkei wheels were/are used in f1.
and then you want me to compare for arguments sake, Te37 to RPf1. is this really happening?
do you know the difference between forged and cast? forged allows a wheel to be much lighter, while being stronger
did you know a 15x7 te37 is 9.1 lbs and a 15x7 rpf1 is 15.8. thats almost a 7lb difference per corner of unsprung weight on a wheel thats 15" big. thats insane.
this isnt about what i own, even if i owned shitty wheels id still know the difference in quality
typical SD.

get your facts straight, theres no way a 15x7 RPF1 weighs 15.8 pounds, they're under 10 pounds(9.9 to be exact) and that is a true fact. keep your fan boy ego going any way you like. Does VOLK pay you to put your heart and soul into sticking up for them?

And you call me a retard then give us some facts that are WAYYYY off, good job, i'm proud.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 2:04 pm

rpf1 in 15x7 used to weigh 15 lbs before they started spinning them with their mat process recently.
my point still stands, you comparing a forged wheel to a cast aluminum. they may weigh close to the same, one is still stronger.

the chances of you being able to repair a rim that isnt scattered into a million pieces after hitting a curb is higher too....
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 2:06 pm

AHH CHAOS

how ive missed thee

Does anyone else realize that all of our friendship is based on rude beak shows and comments lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheel breaks, car = fucked.   Wheel breaks, car = fucked. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wheel breaks, car = fucked.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next