Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Foreign Licenses

Go down 
+5
1eightySX
Proch
laynehip
corey
Harper
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

Number of posts : 303
Vehicle : 97 Prarie Porche
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Foreign Licenses Empty
PostSubject: Foreign Licenses   Foreign Licenses Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2008, 10:58 pm

THIS TOPIC IS NOT MEANT TO BE PREJUDICE OR RACIST ... or any other kinda discrimination you can think of:

So it has come to my attention that if you live in some foreign country and posses a valid drivers license, you automatically get a drivers license here in Canada when you come over without having to take any written exams or passing a road test. I think this is complete bullshit since the rules of driving here in Saskatchewan aren't going to be the same as Kazakhstan ... or even the same as another province (it is legal to change lanes in an intersection in Alberta).

My intentions of making this thread were not to say that foreign people can't drive or anything like that just that the rules here are different and I think that they should be forced to take our examinations here in Saskatchewan before being allowed to drive on our streets. I'm trying not to make this sound bad but I have seen an increase of foreign people who obviously do not know the rules of the road, maybe because they are shitty drivers (maybe), or maybe because they were never informed of the rules and given the test....

I had to take drivers ed to drive here in Saskatchewan and so should immigrants.

What are your thoughts on this issue?

Last edited by Harper on May 7th 2008, 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Foreign Licenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Licenses   Foreign Licenses Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2008, 11:00 pm

This could get touchy Wink
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Foreign Licenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Licenses   Foreign Licenses Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2008, 11:29 pm

i say no
only because if moved to some weird place i wouldnt want to have to take another road test
Back to top Go down
Proch
Rank 3
Rank 3
Proch

Number of posts : 186
Vehicle : 2001 Grand Prix GTP

Foreign Licenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Licenses   Foreign Licenses Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2008, 11:37 pm

it is a tough topic ha. but i am gonna agree with laynehip and say No, when i think of myself moving to some fucked up place, the last thing i would want to worry about is being allowed to drive. but they were smart enough to get a drivers license back in wherever they came from
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Foreign Licenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Licenses   Foreign Licenses Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2008, 11:41 pm

I don't know ...... sounds like
Foreign Licenses 180px-11
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Proch
Rank 3
Rank 3
Proch

Number of posts : 186
Vehicle : 2001 Grand Prix GTP

Foreign Licenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Licenses   Foreign Licenses Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2008, 11:49 pm

pretty muhc, i tried to sound as un racist as possible. but i am sort of a racist lol, because i think i could drive better in kasakstan then borat could drive here Razz
Back to top Go down
Jason-
Rank 3
Rank 3
Jason-

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Foreign Licenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Licenses   Foreign Licenses Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2008, 4:49 pm

Harper wrote:
THIS TOPIC IS NOT MEANT TO BE PREJUDICE OR RACIST ... or any other kinda discrimination you can think of:

So it has come to my attention that if you live in some foreign country and posses a valid drivers license, you automatically get a drivers license here in Canada when you come over without having to take any written exams or passing a road test. I think this is complete bullshit since the rules of driving here in Saskatchewan aren't going to be the same as Kazakhstan ... or even the same as another province (it is legal to change lanes in an intersection in Alberta).

My intentions of making this thread were not to say that foreign people can't drive or anything like that just that the rules here are different and I think that they should be forced to take our examinations here in Saskatchewan before being allowed to drive on our streets. I'm trying not to make this sound bad but I have seen an increase of foreign people who obviously do not know the rules of the road, maybe because they are shitty drivers (maybe), or maybe because they were never informed of the rules and given the test....

I had to take drivers ed to drive here in Saskatchewan and so should immigrants.

What are your thoughts on this issue?

I'm afraid your sources are wrong. Anyone new to the province is required to take a written and road test.

Quote :
You are required to complete a driver examination (written and road) if:

you have never been a licensed driver;
you have not held a Saskatchewan driver’s licence within the past five years;
you wish to change the class of your licence or obtain an endorsement; or
you are a new resident, and the licence you hold is from another province, state or country not honoured in Saskatchewan.
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Admin
Admin
Nigel

Number of posts : 319
Vehicle : 1991 Honda Civic
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Foreign Licenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Licenses   Foreign Licenses Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2008, 5:20 pm

Ya we have some work experience guys at my work from morocco, and they had to take a test even with their international license.
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Foreign Licenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Licenses   Foreign Licenses Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2008, 7:29 pm

lol well i guess that settles that
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

Number of posts : 303
Vehicle : 97 Prarie Porche

Foreign Licenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Licenses   Foreign Licenses Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2008, 10:59 pm

Hmm perhaps I am wrong, I never checked the sources of this haha but I was told this by several and have experienced first hand dipshits who can't have possibly passed their exams ... and if thats the truth that leads me to my next rant: HOW DO SOME OF THESE PEOPLE GET A FUCKING LICENSE?
Back to top Go down
Justin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 363
Vehicle : 00' GSR

Foreign Licenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Licenses   Foreign Licenses Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2008, 11:17 pm

when I went for my licesne the place was full of FOBs, and some old lady was keeping them all organized for thier tests.

PS. What do you call an ethiopian with a pickle on his head?

A quarter pounder.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL - Steve WImmer for all you campbell chumps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Foreign Licenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Licenses   Foreign Licenses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foreign Licenses
Page 1 of 1