Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eric is lookingfor cheap 6.5.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
its.eric
Rank 3
Rank 3
its.eric

Number of posts : 169
Vehicle : 2005 civic
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Eric is lookingfor cheap 6.5. Empty
PostSubject: Eric is lookingfor cheap 6.5.   Eric is lookingfor cheap 6.5. Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2010, 1:09 pm

Hey i bought a new car and the speakers are FUCKED they buzz and crackle like a bitch at 20% volume. so i change the head unit and installed my sub, and need to get these bastards out of there.. im running 0 bass in the speakers and just the sub. Sounds better the crackling so lets hear what you got.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

Number of posts : 1718
Vehicle : MKII Jetta
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Eric is lookingfor cheap 6.5.   Eric is lookingfor cheap 6.5. Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2010, 8:20 pm

Yeah me too exactly. Silly winter car I got this year has all 4 speakers blown. I know Princess Auto has 6.5" for $25, so I get some of those for the rear shelf (or 6x9's if I can find a cheap pair) and I need some 4" for the front. (princess Auto has 5-1/4" for $19, so If I can fit them those will go in the front) It's a 89 Tercel, so it's not getting MB Quart or something high end anyways, just has to work half ass.

http://www.princessauto.com/surplus/electrical/consumer-electronics/8115941-6-1/2-speakers

Or Visions has Some Alpine Type-E for $50 (1/2 price this week)
http://www2.visions.ca/Catalogue/Category/Details.aspx?categoryId=35&productId=5957

I checked a few pawn shops, Cashopolis has some stuff, they have a nice set of 4" Clarions with passive crossovers for $50. I kinda want to be an idiot and put 6x9 boxes on ym rear shelf, for the ultimate in winter-music!

Back to top Go down
its.eric
Rank 3
Rank 3
its.eric

Number of posts : 169
Vehicle : 2005 civic
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Eric is lookingfor cheap 6.5.   Eric is lookingfor cheap 6.5. Icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2010, 11:58 pm

some one must have some speakers lying around. Im also looking for a Single DIN deck, somthing with sub outs, and either red or blue back light, Let me here whats out there.
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

Number of posts : 1718
Vehicle : MKII Jetta
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Eric is lookingfor cheap 6.5.   Eric is lookingfor cheap 6.5. Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2010, 2:31 am

Usedregina to the Rescue!

I scored some JBL GTO's in great shape for 20 buck today!
Eric is lookingfor cheap 6.5. Img2557gv

And I did pick up a set of those Princess Auto speakers for the rear. I bench tested them when I got home, definitely a steal of deal. You won't feel ripped off on these that's for sure! Nice sound, stays tight minimal distortion at high volume levels.. Sensitivity is a bit on the low side, but whatever that's normal of low-mid end speakers. They are cheap as hell, and pretty durable. Perfect for my winter ride!
Eric is lookingfor cheap 6.5. Img2563n

And the other thing, I was at walmart looking at decks and noticed they have a package deal on a Sony deck, has USB and front AUX input, as well as built in selectable low pass for the RCA pre-out
But I had already bought the 6.5" for the rear, but otherwise that's probably what I would have bought. Only $99.
Eric is lookingfor cheap 6.5. SONCXSGT3516F

I swear it's more fun trying to do shit as cheap as possible, it's probably why I love going to wreckers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eric is lookingfor cheap 6.5.   Eric is lookingfor cheap 6.5. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric is lookingfor cheap 6.5.
Page 1 of 1