Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices

Go down 
+13
Piett
raboyto2
kkid28
JYB116
laynehip
Proch
Harper
Nigel
whatwasithinking
Marshal
Rob
CamJohns122
corey
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 3:19 pm

skateboards are terrible modes of transportation!!!!!!!
Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Dqm-trackstar-track-bike-8s
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 3:46 pm

[quote="Shift_Now"]
1eightySX wrote:
CamJohns122 wrote:
cheaper to just buy a hat that says I have a small penis.
YES! But seriously, (and yes I'm being a little hippocritical here) We can't really complainabout other people poluting the environment when we are running around in cat-less cars and such. Yes, the environment is in trouble, weather you believe it is green-house gasses, or the sun goign through one of its natural heat cycles. Gas is alway going to be expensive, lets just deal with it, and hope they lube us up before them bend us over everything we need gas.

Thats just my rant

I don't think us being mean to the environment has anything to do with over compensation... lol

... or does it Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 1:11 pm

$1.39 per litre..
Back to top Go down
Proch
Rank 3
Rank 3
Proch

Number of posts : 186
Vehicle : 2001 Grand Prix GTP

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 7:17 pm

i always notice the gas hikes on my way home from school, and i cringe everytime i see its gone up.
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 7:25 pm

price for fuel is ridiculous. When i boug*t my truck back in September, prices were at around 89-92 cents a liter for diesel. Thats 44$ to fill up. Now at diesel being 1.39, its 70 bucks to fill up. Im really starting to consider running on veggie oil during the summer.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 7:28 pm

I still dont really understand WHY prices have gone up so crazy fast
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 7:46 pm

permium:$1.50/L now. for 55L, thats... alot of money to fill up.. Luckilymy car is a 4 banger, but still, it isn't THAT fuel efficient, and it isn't even fast. I'm definatley considering pulling the chip in it and making it so I can maybe run 89 octane(but with my luck, the compression ratio isn't going to let that happen)
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 10:49 pm

Ha I tried to beat the prices also but I was too late Crying or Very sad I used about $20 of gas on the little trip out to the pits yesterday and back which is actually pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 11:20 pm

only $20? lucky guy, I think I doubled that... and I left it in 2wd most of the time but then I ahve a lift and that probably kills the milage
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 11:33 pm

Shift_Now wrote:
only $20? lucky guy, I think I doubled that... and I left it in 2wd most of the time but then I ahve a lift and that probably kills the milage
Oh man in my old jeep with the lift and bigger tires my gas mileage was brutal! I was somewhat hesitant of getting another but this thing is night and day compared to the old one.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 12:30 am

corey wrote:
Shift_Now wrote:
Oh man in my old jeep with the lift and bigger tires my gas mileage was brutal! I was somewhat hesitant of getting another but this thing is night and day compared to the old one.

You also have good driving habits lol
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 12:31 am

HA, my gas gauge didnt move. maybe used 8-12 bucks. Thats right, and thats with my fuel injection pump over fueling and me blowing a piss load of black smoke.

Last edited by raboyto2 on June 10th 2008, 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 12:31 am

raboyto2 wrote:
HA, my gas gauge didnt move. maybe used 8-9 bucks.

DIESEL FTW
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 3:18 pm

when these are your vehicles gas prices do not matter
Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 IMG_0101
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 4:30 pm

Yeah im thinkin bout bringing out the bike and im done with cruisin for a while
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 6:58 pm

It's really suprizing how much better gas mileage you get when you stick to the speed limit when on highway stick to the 100 once you start going 130 your engine is just working harder and harder sucking back more gas. Also clean your vehicle out of extra luggage the less stuff your carrying your vehicle doesnt have to work so hard to get going. Basically all common sense.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 7:07 pm

corey wrote:
It's really suprizing how much better gas mileage you get when you stick to the speed limit when on highway stick to the 100 once you start going 130 your engine is just working harder and harder sucking back more gas. Also clean your vehicle out of extra luggage the less stuff your carrying your vehicle doesnt have to work so hard to get going. Basically all common sense.
driving at a constant speed, speed limit or not(unless your going like 300km/h) isnt so much what affects the gas milage as much as getting going does
if you were to shut off your car at every single stop light and then put your car in neutral and start pushing it then getting in and then starting it in second gear, and never slowing down for corners and always be looking 3 stop lights ahead so you never have to come to a complete stop will save much more gas then driving 50 instead of 60 and taking out 40 pounds of stuff
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 7:32 pm

laynehip wrote:

if you were to shut off your car at every single stop light and then put your car in neutral and start pushing it then getting in and then starting it in second gear
k lol i will start doing this from now on, i'll get a big sticker in my window for all the annoyed people behind me as i push that says "Dont mind me, im just trying to save a few bucks"
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 7:39 pm

Ah yes constant speeds, thats where highway driving with cruise control is crutial.

We need a thread that has a list of tips to get the best gas mileage out of a vehicle. Wink
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 7:46 pm

Some guy drove his prius pretty close to as layne discribed, he would accelerate SLOWLY to 40 then glide to down to 20 or something along those lines, making sure he never had to stop and didn't slow down for corners. Got something crazy like 120mpg.
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 9:41 pm

laynehip wrote:

driving at a constant speed, speed limit or not(unless your going like 300km/h) isnt so much what affects the gas milage as much as getting going does

Yes, getting your car to move uses the most gas, but the difference between going 100kph and 120kph is HUGE. Remember, you need 4x the amount of power to go 2x as fast. Going to saskatoon in a jeep, we used around 1/3 of a tank. We filled up there and used a little less then 1/8 on the way back. 115kph going there, 100 on the way back. Going anything over 100kph cuts your gas mileage big time.
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 10:21 pm

raboyto2 wrote:
Remember, you need 4x the amount of power to go 2x as fast.
Wow, did not know that... Something i will keep in mind from now on
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2008, 12:05 am

All very good tips on keeping your gas mileage at its best, lift and bigger tires are huge mileage killers though haha.

My method is not lookin at the price per litre, nor absorbing the amount of the bill into my brain. This way I am never disapointed haha.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2008, 12:56 am

to tip the convo back to biking to save gas
i was riding my fixie down a hill going farely fast and a car was coming from the outside lane and i was going on the wrong side of the street in the lane beside him so i started to speed up and then we were both right beside each other going the same speed for about 5 second then i look over and he says "HOLY SHIT"(or at least thats what i think he said(i had headphones on))
however on a fixie you cant stop pedaling, and it has no brakes and my feet were strapped in and i thought i was going to die as my legs quickly began to tire out but the point is never in a car is it so rewarding to keep up with an suv going what i believe to be the speed limit
i also chased down a guy on a mountain bicycle after i gave him quite a head start
so the point is you dont need a car to street race or crash and die
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2008, 1:43 am

But does your bike have A/C?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices   Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minimum Wage vs. Gas Prices
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Other :: Off Topic-
Jump to: