Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

like drifting pt2

Go down 
+8
1eightySX
240sxy
Spooled
Zimm
Heretic
Bjohnson
MacSkank
bogan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

like drifting pt2  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 3:12 am

i clearly stated i said they were sellouts because if their cars could look how they would want them to look, they wouldnt look like they do now.

kay?
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 3:34 am

My car doesn't look they way I want it to... I am a sell out.

Can the same be said for D1 drivers? I mean Nomura is sponsored by Norton Anti Virus. I am sure there is some in between gorund between what they want and what they get. Mad mike is getting his RX 7 next year and Vaughn had them build his Mustang how he wanted. I get that Adrian is talking strictly about style though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 4:34 am

1eightySX wrote:
My car doesn't look they way I want it to... I am a sell out.

are you trying to be funny? because i know you know exactly what i mean.
i didnt say a word about sponsors, norton anti virus, NOS, whatever? stickers are cool. did i say i hated vinyl? have you actually taken the time to look at cars like chris forsbergs? that car is UGLY as sin. do you really think he likes that body kit?. would you like to represent yourself in an unbeaten drift car that starts out as an eyesore? no but you put up with it for the money.

they dont get to choose what it will look like, im sure youve seen vaughns 240sx from a few years ago..my point exactly. does his mustang have any style like that? not at all. im sure those drivers would have their cars lowered more if they had the choice, but they need to handle like a proper racecar since its sooo professional and they need to win, not just have fun with some cool looking cars. grassroots. cough.

and sorry dave. i dont drift to win.

this was jtps rx7, before falken.
ive loved this fc for years
i guess sometimes to move forward - you need to move backwards

like drifting pt2  - Page 2 Justinpawlak
like drifting pt2  - Page 2 7drift4

and now he drives...this mustang?? for the money right? id hope so.
like drifting pt2  - Page 2 Justin22

??????????????????????????????????????
sponsors did this!
like drifting pt2  - Page 2 51403557
like drifting pt2  - Page 2 7fda83cc
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 4:58 pm

I was actually. I get what both of you are saying. I get one Dave is driving at and I understand your point. It is sport of self expression and the cars are contradicting that. But then maybe that is the trade of to do it for a living. Without actually asking a pro diver and getting the non-sponsor endorsed answer we can't actually be sure. I mean the only reason I know Mad Mike doesn't like his RX 8 is because Power's told Adam.

However, in the end I appreciate all forms of drifting from grassroots all the way to pro. Not for the cars but for the reason Jordan stated. (Out of ignorance) I still like the pro cars as they are designed to do one thing and they do it fairly well. Don't get me wrong, I like the cool grass roots as well. ( If I didn't I wouldn't have my car.) I even have a weird appreciation for drift missiles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 5:10 pm

1eightySX wrote:
Without actually asking a pro diver and getting the non-sponsor endorsed answer we can't actually be sure.

i dont remember when or who, but this exact thing was posted on zilvia a few years ago. it doesnt really help me if i cant cite it, but the only reason i would be saying this all at is because its true - ive read it from one of those same guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: like drifting pt2    like drifting pt2  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

like drifting pt2
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2