Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Walmart

Go down 
+10
Jhall
Rob
troyjule
1eightySX
RyanR
laynehip
Thai-kun
abs0Lut
JSharp
Moneypits
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

New Walmart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 10:12 am

1eightySX wrote:
First of Customer Service is, well a marketing plot cooked up by big box stores to ease the transition from local shops to big faceless corporations. As Layne explained, you can't expect someone who has no skill set to rise above. I get that is the American Dream but that isn't how life works. Most people are lucky if they exceed the social class of their parents. You'll get a little bit older and realize that it isn't always about how hard you work but rather who you know and where you come from.

Saying that they should quit and let the teens do that work is well irrelevent. Walmart preys on the under educated because they won't organize and form unions, or fight for better working conditions. They don't need customer service, all they need to do is move product. If you don't like it return it... they accept all types of returns. The people that work for Walmart barely need to be there.

Furthermore, Walmart often puts other local businesses out business leaving the down trodden less job opportunities else where.

I believe Layne and I have one critical difference in our opinions of matters such as these. If I am not mistaken he believes in the good of Capitalism and I believe it is flawed system and Walmart exudes those traits that reinforce my ideals.

i find that statement very untrue.. it might be easier if you know connections and where you come from, but you can still do just as good or better if you put passion, hard work, and ambitition into what you want to succeed in.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 10:23 am

I agree with josh but also agree with ryan as well. Hard work will pay off in the end....in most cases. But having contacts in the right positions and right place can benefit someone a lot more than working your way up. I can vouch for this.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 11:16 am

Cam, like a said "a way to get you back in the door" not about pride in your work, or doing it out of the goodness of your heart. But as I also said the beauty of Walmart is they barely need their employees. They just need to make sure you don't steal and ring things through. Their system is based on low prices due to low costs as Layne explained. I think they understand that people value the dollar over anything else.

LOL, Adam you can vouch for this.

Anyway, if you come from money it is a lot easier to make money. All the people I know that are my age that were well to do growing up are now doing well for themselves. There are some people that I know that I wouldn't trust with anything that now own their own business, because it was backed by their parents.

People will disagree with me but the whole point of the system is to subdue people into complacency.

Anyway, hopefully knowing Adam pays off for me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 12:09 pm

1eightySX wrote:
Cam, like a said "a way to get you back in the door" not about pride in your work, or doing it out of the goodness of your heart. But as I also said the beauty of Walmart is they barely need their employees. They just need to make sure you don't steal and ring things through. Their system is based on low prices due to low costs as Layne explained. I think they understand that people value the dollar over anything else.

LOL, Adam you can vouch for this.

Anyway, if you come from money it is a lot easier to make money. All the people I know that are my age that were well to do growing up are now doing well for themselves. There are some people that I know that I wouldn't trust with anything that now own their own business, because it was backed by their parents.

People will disagree with me but the whole point of the system is to subdue people into complacency.

Anyway, hopefully knowing Adam pays off for me!

LMFAO, hahaha I was just trying to back up for point of view Benoit. I have been hooked up with good jobs when I was young because of my dad and with that have learned a lot about how things "really work".
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 12:22 pm

A legitimate Debate with nobodies feelings getting hurt..... *Sniff *Tear, QC automotive, you're growing up! *Sniff *Tear
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 1:02 pm

agreed benoit

but then we bring other things into play the people that inherit businesses or such are usually less concerned with customer service, less concerned with anything except the profit. they usually take it for granted and are alot less liked than there parents etc.

so i believe if you dont come from money you usually run a more successful business, im talking successful not just profit wise.

this of course is speculation im not saying all, im saying a few

ie.

Ajay Dilawri vs. Rab Dilawri ( his father was much more liked etc)
The Brandt industries

etc.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 1:25 pm

Depends on the parents and the up bringing as you mentioned. Look at Adam... he only little entitled.. Razz

Just joking Adam. I mean Mr. Stewart Jr.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 1:45 pm

Piett wrote:
1eightySX wrote:
First of Customer Service is, well a marketing plot cooked up by big box stores to ease the transition from local shops to big faceless corporations. As Layne explained, you can't expect someone who has no skill set to rise above. I get that is the American Dream but that isn't how life works. Most people are lucky if they exceed the social class of their parents. You'll get a little bit older and realize that it isn't always about how hard you work but rather who you know and where you come from.

Saying that they should quit and let the teens do that work is well irrelevent. Walmart preys on the under educated because they won't organize and form unions, or fight for better working conditions. They don't need customer service, all they need to do is move product. If you don't like it return it... they accept all types of returns. The people that work for Walmart barely need to be there.

Furthermore, Walmart often puts other local businesses out business leaving the down trodden less job opportunities else where.

I believe Layne and I have one critical difference in our opinions of matters such as these. If I am not mistaken he believes in the good of Capitalism and I believe it is flawed system and Walmart exudes those traits that reinforce my ideals.

i find that statement very untrue.. it might be easier if you know connections and where you come from, but you can still do just as good or better if you put passion, hard work, and ambitition into what you want to succeed in.
Bullshit. They plant seeds in your brain and you believe that then you see finance companies hiring girls cause their dad farms with the CEO and your left cleaning bathrooms while your passion and hardwork is left being applied to fake investor powerpoints in your basement.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 1:56 pm

Quote :
"laynehip" [quote]Bullshit. They plant seeds in your brain and you believe that then you see finance companies hiring girls cause their dad far
ms with the CEO and your left cleaning bathrooms while your passion and hardworking is left being applied to fake investor powerpoints in your basement.

Layne, when this is all over I think we should adopt a child together.. and move to Vermont.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 10:26 pm

[quote="1eightySX"]
Quote :
"laynehip"
Quote :
Bullshit. They plant seeds in your brain and you believe that then you see finance companies hiring girls cause their dad far
ms with the CEO and your left cleaning bathrooms while your passion and hardworking is left being applied to fake investor powerpoints in your basement.

Layne, when this is all over I think we should adopt a child together.. and move to Vermont.

haha tongue
Back to top Go down
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : schirting
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2010, 6:59 pm

1eightySX wrote:
KUNGfuPANDA wrote:
WReX wrote:
lol went to the new walmart with the gf tonight hahahaha ooohh man, i can see what you guys are talking about. I got yelled at by a ratard! (lol) for coming in the exit door hahaha

ironic

That isn't irony, and if it is it reaching.

calling some one a retard then spelling RETARD wrong is not irony?
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2010, 9:18 pm

[quote="KUNGfuPANDA"]
1eightySX wrote:
KUNGfuPANDA wrote:
WReX wrote:
lol went to the new walmart with the gf tonight hahahaha ooohh man, i can see what you guys are talking about. I got yelled at by a ratard! (lol) for coming in the exit door hahaha

ironic

That isn't irony, and if it is it reaching.

calling some one a retard then spelling RETARD wrong is not irony?[/quote

Depends, on the situation. irony is... well here,

the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

Literature.
a.
a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
b.
(esp. in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., esp. as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.
Socratic irony.
dramatic irony.
an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.
the incongruity of this.
an objectively sardonic style of speech or writing.
an objectively or humorously sardonic utterance, disposition, quality, etc.

I don't really know. Did you expect him to spell it right?

I would just say ignorance, unless he was referencing "Hang Over"
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 12:31 am

i expected someone of his brilliance to spell it right yes.

back on topic tho, ive decided to do my best to boycot walmart

and i urge everyone to do the same.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 12:46 am

Moneypits wrote:

while you are at it stay away from all soft drinks, any fast food place, bulk barn, any coca cola product, and nestle.
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 12:55 am

laynehip wrote:
Moneypits wrote:

while you are at it stay away from all soft drinks, any fast food place, bulk barn, any coca cola product, and nestle.

i love bulk barn Crying or Very sad

BIG BAGS OF DINOSOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 1:08 am

Piett wrote:
laynehip wrote:
Moneypits wrote:

i love bulk barn Crying or Very sad

BIG BAGS OF DINOSOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
haha i know nothing about bulk barn other than red and yellow is the worst color combo ever so i dont go in there
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 2:00 am

laynehip wrote:
Moneypits wrote:

you lead a sad sad life dont you?

should i stay away from all car manufacturers as well
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 2:21 am

I find Layne to be very enlightened.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 9:45 am

1eightySX wrote:

i oddly agree with you, i think he is and pretty smart to boot butt....

staying away from bulk barn! sacreligious! and coca cola products! they got me through high school
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 10:25 am

Moneypits wrote:
1eightySX wrote:

staying away from bulk barn! sacreligious! and coca cola products! they got me through high school
corporations are a legal entity, which allows them to act as persons for certain limited activities.
They are basically people and some people i do not like.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 7:44 pm

laynehip wrote:
Moneypits wrote:
1eightySX wrote:

corporations are a legal entity, which allows them to act as persons for certain limited activities.
They are basically people and some people i do not like.

well if coca cola is a person than damn his piss is delicious

that makes bulk barn a jew right, hes cheap
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 7:45 pm

Ha i am not entirely sure Bulk barn is a corporation.
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 12:36 pm

went to this place thinking they would have a good selection of high temp paint but god damn was I wrong, place is too fucking big too..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Walmart   New Walmart - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Walmart
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2