Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser

Go down 
+4
Piett
Jason-
corey
Black
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Empty
PostSubject: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 5:57 pm

Anyone know any techniques of how to smoke out tails/ has done it... Theres a DIY on vwvortex but i didn't really follow it too well??

Just some pictures for examples of what i mean:
Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Bora_b10

Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser 29618610

Also i want to do a sleepy boser hood for my car, (In the future) from what ive read you pretty much have to custom do it by welding a peice on the front of your hood and just repainting it. Would anyold body shop do this?

EXAMPLE:
Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser 75301410
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 6:23 pm

Many people that use VHT Night Shades spray say it works very well. When i was going to do this I just googled DIY on it and there is endless helpful links that walk you through.

Take lots of pics so we can see how the process goes!
Back to top Go down
Jason-
Rank 3
Rank 3
Jason-

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 6:37 pm

corey wrote:
Many people that use VHT Night Shades spray say it works very well. When i was going to do this I just googled DIY on it and there is endless helpful links that walk you through.

Take lots of pics so we can see how the process goes!

The VHT Night Shade works really well, you can also buy the film.
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 8:16 pm

i think this is the best site ive found to get a good understanding of what your doing.

http://www.corrado-club.ca/mods/tailtints.html
Back to top Go down
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 8:20 pm

JP wrote:
i think this is the best site ive found to get a good understanding of what your doing.

http://www.corrado-club.ca/mods/tailtints.html

I remember reading that a long time ago, seems like the best way to go.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm

PostSubject: Re: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 8:20 pm

how the heck did such a horribly ugly fad like boser hoods become popular
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

PostSubject: Re: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 8:33 pm

Thanks for the DIY i dont think i will start it for a while i just wanted to see what was out there becasue it IS something i'd like to do eventually, and as for bosers are you kidding me i think they look sweet (not the angry bosers) but the sleepy ones (yellow car) with a badgeless grill just looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 8:35 pm

JBlack09 wrote:
Thanks for the DIY i dont think i will start it for a while i just wanted to see what was out there becasue it IS something i'd like to do eventually, and as for bosers are you kidding me i think they look sweet (not the angry bosers) but the sleepy ones (yellow car) with a badgeless grill just looks awesome!

dont beak.. but whats a boser?
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 8:42 pm

JP wrote:
dont beak.. but whats a boser?

He describes it in the OP with a picture. But it's a extension on the hood that covers a part of the hood. Apparently its supposed to make your car look better No
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

PostSubject: Re: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 8:45 pm

lol you dont like it either?
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 8:48 pm

JBlack09 wrote:

Not in particular, the sleepy is better, the angry on is disgusting but I woudl rather not have one all togethere. But hey whatever floats your boat.
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

PostSubject: Re: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 8:50 pm

Yeah, i agree with you on the angry one, i donno i guess i'll see how much it would cost and if its outrageous im just gonna go badgeless
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 10:24 pm

JBlack09 wrote:
Yeah, i agree with you on the angry one, i donno i guess i'll see how much it would cost and if its outrageous im just gonna go badgeless
Ha skip pricing it out and go striaght for a badgeless grill Smile
Back to top Go down
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

Number of posts : 1074

PostSubject: Re: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 10:30 pm

bchap wrote:
JBlack09 wrote:

Not in particular, the sleepy is better, the angry on is disgusting but I woudl rather not have one all togethere. But hey whatever floats your boat.

I agree with bchap. never been big into the bosers. Badgeless grills however... Beer
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

PostSubject: Re: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 10:32 pm

But what about the "sagging grill" problem. Lol i really dont want a saggy grill, is there an easy fix?
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 10:53 pm

Fuck do what you want go with the sleepy boser if you think its awsome itll be unique thats for sure
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

PostSubject: Re: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 10:55 pm

Chill just asking opinions plus sleepy boser = $600 +
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 10:57 pm

I wasnt talking about you im just saying don tlet peoples beaks affect your idea if you think its awsome go for it your the one whos driving the car
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

PostSubject: Re: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 10:58 pm

No i know if i had the money i would do it anyways i think it looks amazing
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm

PostSubject: Re: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 11:00 pm

instead of a boser
do like a nice 4 rally light set up
like 2 hella ff1000's as cornering then maybe some 4000's in pencil beams
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Image002
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 11:03 pm

Lol Subie! lol layne you and your rally cars, nah i gotta say rallying is sweet so deadly i wanna try it sometime
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

PostSubject: Re: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 11:03 pm

hahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

CamJohns122 wrote:
Lol Subie! lol layne you and your rally cars, nah i gotta say rallying is sweet so deadly i wanna try it sometime
PULSAR MOTOR AWD!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser   Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smoking out Taillights / Sleepy boser
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: General-
Jump to: