Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest

Go down 
+12
corey
2LDC4
DOOLHA
Jhall
Noops
jdm_itr
Golks
Rob
subbie
laynehip
Soup
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Empty
PostSubject: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 4:35 pm

http://www.newstalk980.com/story/20091125/25866

Regina's mayor is concerned about the noise made by after-market vehicle accessories.

Pat Fiacco wants the police to look at how the city can curb noisy mufflers and other sound enhancers. He says he's heard from more local residents this year that are fed up with hearing extra-loud cars, trucks, and motorcycles, particularly when they congregate on busy stretches of road like the southern portions of Albert Street. At Wednesday's Board of Police Commissioners meeting he asked the police to draft a strategy to fight the sale and use of the noisy products.

"Enforcement is one way but that's after the fact, so what can we do to prevent it from happening period? So i think its a two-pronged approach in that regard and the Chief and the Police Service will be working on this for the next little while and come back in January with probably a strategy. They'll look at dealing with those particular after-market products, what needs to be done, if they need to be on the market period. And number two on our enforcement piece as well. I think individuals need to know there will be a focus on this."

Police Chief Troy Hagen points out that regulation will likely be the most effective means of preventing the proliferation of after-market noise-boosters. He also notes that the police service has stressed enforcement in the past, making excessively-loud after-market modifications a "traffic focus of the month" in the past year.

Fiacco acknowledges that other levels of government will need to be involved in regulating such accessories but he believes the problem exists across Canada and he expects the federal government will want to get involved.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 4:59 pm

so much for straight pipin the audi.

also did anybody else hear about how they are thinking of reducing the speed limit of the ring road to reduce noise?
I think that is a much bigger issue.(but more far fetched)
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 5:06 pm

lol well all I can say is good luck enforcing this hahaha
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 5:11 pm

DEADlogic wrote:
lol well all I can say is good luck enforcing this hahaha
wouldnt it be quite easy.
as in pulling people over with loud exhausts and giving them fix it tickets or whatever it is policeman do these days.

and as for prevention, obviously there is nothing they could fucking do. except maybe make it illegal for weird muffler shops to put huge fart cans that they sell onto cobalts.

also this thread is useless without pics
Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest 184209-60922
Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest 4c4240a4459125a9_pag.xxlarge
Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest P1020146%204by6
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 5:15 pm

Oh Layne. That first pic looks like pat is about the kiss that other guy.
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 5:16 pm

If this came into effect I would open up a shop that specializes in hidden butterfly valves. XD
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 5:22 pm

They'll look at dealing with those particular after-market products, what needs to be done, if they need to be on the market period.

haha I like that quote.
Looks like some very profitable and large exhuast companies are going to get some stern letters from the Regina Police Department.

This whole thing was probably started by like 4 old people anyway.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 5:29 pm

Something should be done to a degree.. There are lots of vehicles that are excessively loud. Bikes and straight piped diesels in particular. I wanna pit maneuver every straight piped harley that hammers it beside my open window

Last edited by Supra on November 25th 2009, 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 5:38 pm

On the other side of the spectrum:
Here is General Motors making their cars louder to save blind people.

So my question is
Why does the Regina Police Department and Pat fiacco hate blind people!!
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 5:44 pm

hahahahahahaha racist!!!!!! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Golks
Rank 5
Rank 5
Golks

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : '98 Honda
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 5:54 pm

I wouldn't be to concerned about this. It comes up every couple of years and then fizzles out. As long as you aren't an idiot and draw attention to yourself most people will be fine.

From what I know city hall and the Police service were getting pressured by residents of Albert Street to do something.

Just be happy that it is making news now and not in May with the whole summer ahead of us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 6:12 pm

On a similar note, is it illegal to run a vented wastegate?
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 6:27 pm

this is so over rated remember in the summer when the were reinforcing noise regulations and i didnt hear of one person getting pulled over for exhaust so....
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 6:30 pm

BS

edit: in general
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 6:32 pm

this will never work
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 6:35 pm

Jhall wrote:
this will never work

x2
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : schirting

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 7:36 pm

word

Last edited by OCHO on November 25th 2009, 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
2LDC4
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 34
Vehicle : 94 Integra RS
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 8:40 pm

ive seen this before. i was actually the first import car to be sound tested back when they were "cracking down" in like 2003 or something. its all bullshit. they can't test properly in controlled environments because they would be testing with decibel meters on the side of a busy public road. screw em. maybe they should do something about loud assed diesel trucks.

in the end we hear about this every couple of years but without federal government support, they really can't do much to curb the issue of vehicle noise.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 8:47 pm

Pat Fiacco is the best thing to happen to regina.
Back to top Go down
swift101
Rank 3
Rank 3
swift101

Number of posts : 227
Vehicle : 2005 Civic
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 8:49 pm

Fiacco's kid has that Civic with with Rota's and CF trunk and a fart can too boot. I wonder if he hates his jew dad.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 9:38 pm

im double fucked i have a straite piped turbo diesel and a honda with a fart can Sad
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2009, 10:01 pm

2LDC4 wrote:
ive seen this before. i was actually the first import car to be sound tested back when they were "cracking down" in like 2003 or something. its all bullshit. they can't test properly in controlled environments because they would be testing with decibel meters on the side of a busy public road. screw em. maybe they should do something about loud assed diesel trucks.

in the end we hear about this every couple of years but without federal government support, they really can't do much to curb the issue of vehicle noise.
agree with this.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2009, 1:42 am

swift101 wrote:
Fiacco's kid has that Civic with with Rota's and CF trunk and a fart can too boot. I wonder if he hates his jew dad.

Just the dirty family secret. lol

Although, I don't agree with this policy hehas done some decent things for the city. Really his only job is to make sure the residents are happy and the best way to do that is lip service. In the end to some degree he is still a city employee... and you know how they get down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2009, 8:52 am

Honda without a fart can isnt a honda... i refuse to take it off...
This aint gonna affect anyone... its always blah blah blah....
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest   Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pat Fiacco. Douchebaggery at its finest
Page 1 of 1