Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Car Buying Help!

Go down 
+9
taylorvw
d3v
Piett
Black
Rob
Thai-kun
CamJohns122
1eightySX
SteveK
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SteveK
Rank 5
Rank 5
SteveK

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 12:44 am

well mostly civics and ONLY 92-96 ludes...but possibly, post some ads under $10K if your guys find Smile
Back to top Go down
SteveK
Rank 5
Rank 5
SteveK

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 8:40 pm

so i looked at that civic today (black one - coupe) mods are:
Cold Air Intake
4-2-1 Headers
Ractive Header Back exhaust
Altezza Tailights
Hids
156, 000 kms
New Clutch
Short Throw Shifter
Lowered

The Bad: Scratch on drivers door, minor rust UNDER wheel well (surface), Cracked windshield (lower half, right across), some minor chips, and the ride was very bumpy. (maybe lowering springs?), sunroof needs help opening...aka...you gotta push it while holding the button for it to open... Razz

The Good: Otherwise everything is good, shifts smooth, runs strong, sounds amazing, but the question is.. worth 7000? i think not, what would you guys offer? keep in mind its a 93 si (subs and rims included)
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 8:50 pm

Don't worry about the ride being bumpy, it's most likely because of the springs, they will be way stiffer than stock. My car is soooooo rough over bumps becasue of the springs but in turn you will have a little less body roll and better handling. As for the price i wouldn't know, i dont know much about civics but you could always haggle him. If you go back to see him again act like you hate it lol and make a big deal of all the little things like the cracked window, sunroof, and the rust. You could always lowball him just to see what he says. Just because he is asking seven doesn't necessarily mean thats what he's expecting. lol when cam sold his beamer i think he was asking 6 expecting to get 5 but sold it for 5 2 which was more than he asked for. (Correct me if im wrong on that)... Just my two cents I think that car is really cool.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 8:52 pm

The sunroof is a honda problem mine does it my friends acura does it, grease it up good and clean the track it should work if not its the motor mine does it to
Back to top Go down
SteveK
Rank 5
Rank 5
SteveK

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 9:04 pm

what do you think a reasonable price is? like offer wise what should i start with or what should i not go over? and do you think it would be wrong to ask him if i could get the car inspected? Of course, I would pay for the inspection Smile
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 10:44 pm

It is pretty much expected that you get the car inspected, so no it is not rude to ask. As far as starting price wait until the car is inspected.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
SteveK
Rank 5
Rank 5
SteveK

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 10:56 pm

thanks, im just worried i wont like it as much as the integra Sad
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 11:20 pm

what kind of integra was it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2008, 12:25 am

First of all, 100% when buying a car its worth that $130 inspection to know where the car sits.
Get the mechanic to walk you through the car so you can see exactly what is what.
Find out what it needs mechanically wise then ask service writer/mechanic what they think a fair offer would be.
Back to top Go down
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2008, 12:38 am

corey wrote:
First of all, 100% when buying a car its worth that $130 inspection to know where the car sits.
Get the mechanic to walk you through the car so you can see exactly what is what.
Find out what it needs mechanically wise then ask service writer/mechanic what they think a fair offer would be.

true
Back to top Go down
SteveK
Rank 5
Rank 5
SteveK

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2008, 11:55 am

alright thanks corey Smile yeah i definitly will make a reasonable offer but not to much
Back to top Go down
WPK
Rank 3
Rank 3
WPK

Number of posts : 157
Vehicle : 06 Ranger
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2008, 9:59 pm

i like the black sedan.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 363
Vehicle : 00' GSR
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 10:07 am

CamJohns122 wrote:
stop talking him into the hatch lol my dreams of the only heavuly modded hatch/race hatch will be a bust

haha

I could be wrong.. but isn't there a guy in the city who has a hatch that is all stripped down except for the essentials ( one seat and one giant tach), with either a swap and turbo or just a big turbo.. I think he works at canadian tire south.
Back to top Go down
SteveK
Rank 5
Rank 5
SteveK

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 11:54 am

who would want such a terrible interior Razz Sad
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 12:48 pm

Im not to sure thats why im gettin the best of both worlds hopefully a nice interior but functional and also race ready but at the same time great for cruising in the city
Back to top Go down
SteveK
Rank 5
Rank 5
SteveK

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 4:59 pm

now thats a dream Smile
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 5:07 pm

Any updates on what your thinking about buying?
Back to top Go down
SteveK
Rank 5
Rank 5
SteveK

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2008, 11:41 pm

JBlack09 wrote:
Any updates on what your thinking about buying?

yeah i test drove the black coupe, its smooth, shifts nice, handles well. and im getting it inspected saturday at 2 o'clock. after the inspection i'll probably make a decision. im not paying over 6 though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2008, 12:06 am

Sweet deal, smart move on the inspection. it is a must - do for sure
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2008, 12:10 am

May i ask who is doing the inspection??
Back to top Go down
SteveK
Rank 5
Rank 5
SteveK

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2008, 7:16 pm

corey wrote:
May i ask who is doing the inspection??

I was going to get the dealership to take a look at it, but then i decided maybe CAA could take a look for me Smile
Back to top Go down
SteveK
Rank 5
Rank 5
SteveK

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2008, 5:51 pm

so got it inspected, needs new struts (all 4), windshield, oil pan and the exhaust pipe hits the back end of the car (under) other wise looks good the mechanic said $4500 - $5000 is all he would pay for it
Back to top Go down
SteveK
Rank 5
Rank 5
SteveK

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2008, 5:52 pm

BigSteve wrote:
so got it inspected, needs new struts (all 4), windshield, oil pan and the exhaust pipe hits the back end of the car (under) other wise looks good the mechanic said $4500 - $5000 is all he would pay for it

also, could anyone get me a quote or something on how much that stuff would cost me to get / fixed?
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2008, 9:34 pm

The offer the mechanic decided on seems very fair.

As for the parts, give honda a call and talk to parts department and get some quotes.
Keep in mind stuff like struts youd be better off replacing with aftermarket coilovers.
Probly work out cheaper plus you can give it a better stance.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2008, 9:35 pm

BigSteve wrote:
BigSteve wrote:

also, could anyone get me a quote or something on how much that stuff would cost me to get / fixed?

Exhaust pipes not that big of deal so dont fret over that struts, and oil pan are gonna be your major problems, remeber find used and price out you might be able to get a cheap parts car of that year etc, or get parts through SGI,

Check out Cam at CWS hes got a few EG civics defintaly give him a shout but the interiors mine!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Car Buying Help!   Car Buying Help! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car Buying Help!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next