Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Speed Trap Thread

Go down 
+7
CamJohns122
Justin
Thai-kun
veedub
Piett
Harper
corey
11 posters
AuthorMessage
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Speed Trap Thread Empty
PostSubject: Speed Trap Thread   Speed Trap Thread Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2008, 11:34 pm

Post up locations of where you've seen speed trap's setup Wink

Recently they've been sitting just outside of Westhill Park at the end of Courtney Street, they attempt to blend in with the cars that are sitting there for sale.
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

Number of posts : 303
Vehicle : 97 Prarie Porche
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Speed Trap Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Trap Thread   Speed Trap Thread Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2008, 11:38 pm

They were running radar down ring road from on top of the bridges, watch out for that!
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Speed Trap Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Trap Thread   Speed Trap Thread Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 3:33 am

Harper wrote:
They were running radar down ring road from on top of the bridges, watch out for that!

wow those sneaky bastards.

but i got one question.. why do they have those things that tell what speed your goin liek what good does it do.. like on sherwood theres always one, so i just speed up and try and get a really high number. ive gotten 81 and thats it Razz but i guess another time, i was driving at night and i didnt see it and i was going bout 65 and the lights went off and i just fuckin stomped on my brakes lmao it scared the shit out of me.
Back to top Go down
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Speed Trap Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Trap Thread   Speed Trap Thread Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 10:56 am

JP wrote:

but i got one question.. why do they have those things that tell what speed your goin liek what good does it do.. like on sherwood theres always one, so i just speed up and try and get a really high number. ive gotten 81 and thats it Razz but i guess another time, i was driving at night and i didnt see it and i was going bout 65 and the lights went off and i just fuckin stomped on my brakes lmao it scared the shit out of me.

Once I saw a guy blow by one and a cop jumped out from behind a fence and waved him in. Suspect
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Speed Trap Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Trap Thread   Speed Trap Thread Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 11:13 am

Josh, they set those things up and it keeps track of the number of speeders.
So when they read the data and the number is in favour speeders then they will have a cop set up radaring at that place.
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Speed Trap Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Trap Thread   Speed Trap Thread Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 12:41 pm

haha oh, i guess ill stop doing that now.
Back to top Go down
Thai-kun
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 810
Vehicle : 2000 Honda S2000 [AP1]
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Speed Trap Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Trap Thread   Speed Trap Thread Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 12:51 pm

Cops are NASTY today. There's a radar set up on Winnipeg St. going South, 4 or 5 cops there with 3 cruisers on hand.
On my way home this morning I saw 3 other people pulled over, and this was just from the Sears Call Center to Uplands.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 363
Vehicle : 00' GSR

Speed Trap Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Trap Thread   Speed Trap Thread Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 1:12 pm

I see people getting tickets on Assiniboine (coming off trans canada) almost every time I drive down there. I think it's because it's a long open street with no houses directly on it but the speed limit is still 50.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Speed Trap Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Trap Thread   Speed Trap Thread Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 3:27 pm

fuckin hate pigs so annoying there out so often now its gay ive pretty much tried to cruise on other places other than albert cause its a joke
Back to top Go down
Justin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 363
Vehicle : 00' GSR

Speed Trap Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Trap Thread   Speed Trap Thread Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 3:35 pm

Tim Hortons south Albert ANY given night there will always be 2+ tables of them.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm

Speed Trap Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Trap Thread   Speed Trap Thread Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 4:17 pm

speed cameras here we come!
Speed Trap Thread Andy-davy-gatso-resized
Back to top Go down
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

Number of posts : 1074

Speed Trap Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Trap Thread   Speed Trap Thread Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 6:24 pm

Justin wrote:
Tim Hortons south Albert ANY given night there will always be 2+ tables of them.

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Admin
Admin
Nigel

Number of posts : 319
Vehicle : 1991 Honda Civic
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Speed Trap Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Trap Thread   Speed Trap Thread Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 6:29 pm

JP wrote:
Harper wrote:

I always try to get it right on 50. Every time i seem to hit 51. Sad
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

Speed Trap Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Trap Thread   Speed Trap Thread Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 7:10 pm

Those things they setup that tell you your speed, they count the number of cars that go by and the number of cars that sped through there. If it is a high number of speeders they will come and run radar in that area. Those trailers also take your picture every time you speed by there, but photo radar is not yet legal in Saskatchewan so there is nothing they can do with it YET!

Also: On highway 11 today heading south towards Regina they had a cop sitting on the side of the road with lights on (legally you have to pass at 60km/h) and they were nailing people going any faster than that. I was making good time on the way back until I saw that. Then there was more cops up ahead so I slowed down.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Speed Trap Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Trap Thread   Speed Trap Thread Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 10:48 pm

They've been out in full force and will be seeing that winter's over and the fact its spring break doesn't help haha.
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

Speed Trap Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Trap Thread   Speed Trap Thread Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2008, 12:26 am

Good point, I would watch out driving anywhere in the city since it is spring and like you said spring break!
Back to top Go down
WPK
Rank 3
Rank 3
WPK

Number of posts : 157
Vehicle : 06 Ranger
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Speed Trap Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Trap Thread   Speed Trap Thread Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2008, 2:31 am

don't even think of speeding in lakeridge/rochdale area at lunch and after school always crawling with radar traps. Hiding behind trees and corners and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Speed Trap Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Trap Thread   Speed Trap Thread Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2008, 3:45 am

haha my one buddy got pulled over by a cop who ran from behind a fence infront of his car. lol

then two minutes later my other buddy came driving by and also got pulled over, by the cop jumping infront of him lmao
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

Speed Trap Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Trap Thread   Speed Trap Thread Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2008, 11:13 am

They were running radar in front of that meat shop and pita pit on Rochdale again yesterday.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Speed Trap Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Trap Thread   Speed Trap Thread Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2008, 12:18 pm

It was stated awhile ago that school zone radaring will be stepped up by three times.
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Speed Trap Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Trap Thread   Speed Trap Thread Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 6:51 pm

If your ever in the east end, not sure what area it is but that big cemetery. The road in front of it is 50 zone, but its long and open and there arent actually any houses on it i dont think. Anyways theres always cops around there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Speed Trap Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Trap Thread   Speed Trap Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speed Trap Thread
Page 1 of 1