Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions.   New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions. Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2009, 8:28 pm

Anyone have any idea how big all 4 speakers are in my 1995 Honda Civic Si would be? Also, are the tweeters able to be replaced? Where do you guys get the best deals too?

Any suggestions on speakers as far as bang for your buck goes? Thanks for the help in advance.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions.   New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions. Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2009, 8:34 pm

i m running alpine type r all around and i like them
i just unhooked my tweeters you would have to buy a component setup to run tweeters and that bring the price up a few hun
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions.   New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions. Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2009, 3:57 am

I run alpine type s in all my cars.
This years model line has bumper the RMS wattage up considerably(last year was 35W RMS, this year is 50W RMS) for 6.5 inch.
IF you go into visions, and tell them what kind of car you have, they will look it up for you and let you know what size your speakers are.
Generally, you'll have to get components if you want ot keep your tweeters functional, and I believe Alpine Type-R are all components?
I've had compontents in my car that were amplified to the correct wattage, and I am more of a fan of the Type-S, and I cannot detect a difference in the sound quality.
Type-s ->$100
Type-r ->$200 usually.
I'm a big supporter of alpine for their speakers, and amps, never been a fan of their subs though
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

PostSubject: Re: New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions.   New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions. Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2009, 8:14 am

Marshal wrote:
I run alpine type s in all my cars.
This years model line has bumper the RMS wattage up considerably(last year was 35W RMS, this year is 50W RMS) for 6.5 inch.
IF you go into visions, and tell them what kind of car you have, they will look it up for you and let you know what size your speakers are.
Generally, you'll have to get components if you want ot keep your tweeters functional, and I believe Alpine Type-R are all components?
I've had compontents in my car that were amplified to the correct wattage, and I am more of a fan of the Type-S, and I cannot detect a difference in the sound quality.
Type-s ->$100
Type-r ->$200 usually.
I'm a big supporter of alpine for their speakers, and amps, never been a fan of their subs though
i think you can get type r in component or regular cause i got type r all around and there not component and as far as speaker quality goes alpine are the best bang for the buck but i also enjoy high end kicker and mb quart but there big $$$$$
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

PostSubject: Re: New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions.   New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions. Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2009, 4:38 pm

By the looks of pricing and comparing to other models it does seem like Alpine has the best specs for how much I will pay. I mainly want something that wont distort like my OEMs do, for the first time ever I will be running a sub in my car so I want something that can keep up in terms of mids and highs while my lows are pounding. Also, you guys are saying if I get new speakers my tweeters wont work? Or are you saying if I wanted new tweeters they wouldn't work with anything except a component setup?
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

PostSubject: Re: New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions.   New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions. Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2009, 11:50 pm

abs0Lut wrote:
By the looks of pricing and comparing to other models it does seem like Alpine has the best specs for how much I will pay. I mainly want something that wont distort like my OEMs do, for the first time ever I will be running a sub in my car so I want something that can keep up in terms of mids and highs while my lows are pounding. Also, you guys are saying if I get new speakers my tweeters wont work? Or are you saying if I wanted new tweeters they wouldn't work with anything except a component setup?
well if you run your factory tweeters through your deck that will be more than enuff but if your guna run after market tweeters you will probly want to amp them with the speakers to get there full potential
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

PostSubject: Re: New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions.   New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions. Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2009, 1:20 am

true that, I dont plan on amping the speakers though.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions.   New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions. Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2009, 3:21 am

When I added a sub to my car, I found that when I turned it up loud, my alpine deck COULD NOT provide enough power the the alpine speakers. This is true in my subaru aswell(I am running the exact set-up in both cars, except the BMW was the speakers amped as well).
Amplified speakers sound WAY better than non amplified speakers. My deck runs out of volume numbers before my speakers crack, and I only have type s speakers. for the $200 extra it costs for a 4 channel amp, i found it to be way benneficial
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

PostSubject: Re: New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions.   New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions. Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2009, 3:15 pm

thing is I am going to school starting august 31st, moving out to moosejaw and moneys going to be tight. Thinking more about it I will probably just get a new deck and wire the sub up. I have a 15" rockford p1 but I know for a fact it wont ever go past a 1/4 volume(I'm not a big rap fan). Can you amp non component speakers?

There's so much about this stuff I don't know. =\
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions.   New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions. Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2009, 3:35 pm

you can amplify anything.
You can amplify factory speakers, you could amplify just your tweaters if you want.
If money is tight, I would sell the 15 inch, and but a 10 inch. you will need a smaller amp, and a smaller box, all costing alot less money.
just my opinion though
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

PostSubject: Re: New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions.   New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions. Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2009, 5:17 pm

I don't think I want to sell it. I just bought it and got a wicked deal for it, I know I couldn't make a profit off of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions.   New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Speakers for my Si. Help and suggestions.
Page 1 of 1