Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motorsport activities

Go down 
+4
Jhall
240sxy
1eightySX
Moneypits
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Motorsport activities Empty
PostSubject: Motorsport activities   Motorsport activities Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2009, 1:05 am

Well i just got back from a great night of oval track racing of open wheel cars like lotus super seven, super stock, stock, and super 100 car racing and i must say not only was the racing actually enjoyable to watch so was the atmosphere of american hicks all getting loaded.

Best part of the night was the announcer inducting people into the hall of fame, and he is loaded as FUCK!! hiccuping burping slurring, hell one moment he stopped threw up a little and then kept talking. Ahhhh only in america do you get that kinda entertainment.

Anyways i was wondering does regina/saskatchewan still offer these types of races? or has it all died out
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Motorsport activities   Motorsport activities Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2009, 1:29 am

DRifting the wave of the future!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Motorsport activities   Motorsport activities Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2009, 1:37 am

1eightySX wrote:

ya ya i love drifting but lets be honest reginas motorsport scene sucks. the only people watching teh races are other racers more or less.

thats pathetic.

this hometown race tonite had over 300 viewers
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Motorsport activities   Motorsport activities Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2009, 3:52 am

Well we didn't race but we watched Very Happy Jesse even won a prize.

Everything needs to start somewhere... Be apart of the solution my good man.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Motorsport activities   Motorsport activities Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2009, 4:01 am

Moneypits wrote:
thats pathetic.

no

you're pathetic
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Motorsport activities   Motorsport activities Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2009, 3:02 pm

Moneypits wrote:
1eightySX wrote:

ya ya i love drifting but lets be honest reginas motorsport scene sucks. the only people watching teh races are other racers more or less.

thats pathetic.

you don't even participate in it lol how do you know it sucks?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Motorsport activities   Motorsport activities Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2009, 3:30 pm

there is lots of racing in regina.
circle track(quite polular spectator sport)
3 flags(autoX.drifting.sport bikes.corvette club/BMW club.karts)

All of which have quite a few spectators. AutoX and circle track usually get the most
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Motorsport activities   Motorsport activities Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2009, 3:35 pm

Jhall wrote:
Moneypits wrote:
1eightySX wrote:

thats pathetic.

you don't even participate in it lol how do you know it sucks?

i didnt say the event sucked, without participating i cant say it sucks or not. I said the scene as in spectator sucks.

so i do know it sucks

and yes marshal that was my intial question do we have circle track racing? I never hear any sort of advertisement for any tho
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Motorsport activities   Motorsport activities Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2009, 3:40 pm

you said the scene sucks, the scene is awesome here, we just don't have the quality of events that others do
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Motorsport activities   Motorsport activities Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2009, 3:45 pm

Jhall wrote:
you said the scene sucks, the scene is awesome here, we just don't have the quality of events that others do

my apologies the spectating scene sucks.

as in what i said earlier if you read the people who watch the events are other racers mostly types like that.

you dont get people coming out to watch as a fun activity etc. Its not advertised etc. etc.

Even last year many will agree the spectating was i thought quite good for the drift events i went to there was three seperate bleachers all pretty full.

this year... nada

but still not what my question was i was asking if we had circle track racing cause i know we have that track but havent heard much about it since like two years ago
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Motorsport activities   Motorsport activities Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2009, 4:25 pm

there is advertising all the time for Kings Park Speedway.

ITs not that there isn't advertising, becasue there is. When big events are on, its on most radio stations, CTV has advertisments most time, and there are flyers everywhere.

That problem around here, is people don't give a fuck. Most of the time, if you're not into the scene, you're not going ot want to go anyways.
I hear advertisments for pats games and rider games all the times, but I could care less, so chances are, I'm still not going to go.

It doesn't help that the race tracks are located out of town, is out-of-view locations, so chances are, people don't just stumble upon it
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Motorsport activities   Motorsport activities Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2009, 4:29 pm

why do you care if there is spectators or not? Is that the reason you would go? So people can watch you?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Motorsport activities   Motorsport activities Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2009, 5:12 pm

so people can watch you watch. Its trendy.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Motorsport activities   Motorsport activities Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2009, 9:47 pm

Supra wrote:
why do you care if there is spectators or not? Is that the reason you would go? So people can watch you?

Yes actually my ego is SOOO huge i need to show off my awsome cars and driving skills cause there so much better than everyone else. If i dont have my own cheering squad its not worth my precious time to demonstrate how awesome i am.

No

i was only asking because i had a great time last night, with packed stands talking to people having some drinks it was as much a social event as it was a racing event. This is what i was trying to get at, in regina its not so much an entertainment venue as i would like.

It had nothing to do with competing at all so stfu
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Motorsport activities   Motorsport activities Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2009, 2:57 am

The riders and the pats are too big... Everyone likes them.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Motorsport activities   Motorsport activities Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2009, 10:09 am

It is Regina, it is what it is, like what Marshal said. We don't have the population or a venue support something like that. Same thing goes for concerts we get big special events but not so many intermediate events. Why do so many bands skip over Regina, or even Sask as a whole? Well part of the reason is that is is not worth it, because out of a population only a certain percentage will lbe interested in seeing that band. Now in bigger centers a small percent of a huge number can still mean a big number but not in sask as the population number is low. Mix that with promoters who don't want to take risks and Regina ends up with Paul Brandt at the Center of the Arts and no Bloc Party.

I think this is applicable to the motorsports in sask. Low percentage of interest with such a low population equals little to no interest. Add this together with the fact that nobody is going to plan a big event if they can't recoup their costs.

I think smaller towns can get away with certain events because well.... they have nothing better to do. Melville Mills hockey sells out all the time but what else are you going to do in Melville? In the end maybe Regina has too many options with too low of population to support such big events.

However, I am big believer in the fact that if you want something to be good then be apart of it. Don't wait for things to change but maybe be apart of the change? If you want more people to be at motorsports events I think it is fair to say that it starts with you. If you are really passionate about it then maybe join an organization to help help change it. This isn't just directed at Cam but maybe serves as a reminder to everyone.

As a side note, Cam I know you have some friends in the music scene in Regina and think about how that works. It is probably pretty close to the motorsports scene but it is slowly improving. It just takes work and support from everyone.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Motorsport activities   Motorsport activities Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2009, 10:50 am

Personally, myself, coming from Calgary I have really enjoyed the car/drift/racing/tuner scene here. I was talking to Jesse about this yesterday as well. Without a doubt in my mind the car/drift/racing/tuner scene in Calgary is CRAZY and way bigger but you would never know. The city has so many cars and so many people that you could live there your entire life and never see some people's wicked cars. The thing I like about all of us and our scene here in Regina is that we pretty much know everyone who is apart of the scene and whats been done to their cars. Ya it would be cool to have some more spectators out to watch and what not but what can you do? On a negative note you might have some people come who would just beak you for not knowing how to drift. Or on a positive note introduce the sport to some people who are interested in this kind of stuff and now have an "in" to getting involved in it who didn't realize that this was happening. I agree that maybe "advertising" more could draw more people to the events. I also think that something has to been done by the owners of 3 flags if thats what needs to happen. More people = more money and help, possibly, for the track too.

Thats just my thoughts...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motorsport activities   Motorsport activities Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorsport activities
Page 1 of 1