Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where to buy anodized AN fittings

Go down 
+2
240sxy
Moneypits
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Where to buy anodized AN fittings Empty
PostSubject: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 11:12 pm

wondering where to buy anodized an fittings for things like oil cooler and such etc. etc.

specifically looking for purple
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 11:59 pm

never seen purple...

qc performance has them..

any place that carries earls has them..

earls..
russel..
moroso..
aeromotive..
aeroquip..

list goes on

an = ballers only
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 12:41 am

yeah i was hopeful for purple, like hks purple haha

guess ill have to go with red and blue
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 1:09 am

Where to buy anodized AN fittings Ssa41810

mine

sorry for the shitty pic.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 1:15 am

did you buy the black ones? or paint em?

also when people put the stainless braided hoses as rad hoses and such and for other things that dont have threaded connections do thye just use the AN Looking hose clamps? or do they convert to a threaded ?
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 1:50 am

they came black. lol painting them..

the bigger hoses like rad hoses are just a fake -an. its just got a hose clamp in a fancy outside cover that looks like -an, though some people actually weld on the correct size fitting and use those.

real -an off the valve cover with fittings
Where to buy anodized AN fittings Img_2910

nialls engine..just because fake -an everywhere, valve cover/rad hoses/rad cap->res. his fuel lines are legit though
Where to buy anodized AN fittings P1070910

theres actually one of these sitting on my desk..
Where to buy anodized AN fittings Ssa42010
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 2:04 am

and because im bored as fuck

ross petty garage boso s15 drift car

retarded amounts of an, threaded rad->overflow 180, i bet theres over 300$ worth of fittings alone here without hose

Where to buy anodized AN fittings 3415538814_18779d181b_b
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 2:16 am

sorry but i think nialls engine bay is as ryanr says a cluster fuck of ugly.

well i definatly dont wanna use the fake AN fittings just not a fan.

so i guess unless i wanna spend money to convert rad and shit ill just use AN where possible and then regular hoses otherwise i dont want bunch of fake shit throughout my bay.

i love AN and braided hosing.

does it have much performance use tho? like better than just regular lines and hoses?
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 2:29 am

an fittings seal by flare, so you dont need new sealant/gasket/copper washer everytime you take it off. pretty much leak proof.

the loose fittings are soo easy to use, loosen with a wrench then finger twist it off. no need to keep cranking on it with a ratchet.

braided lines are GREAT for high pressure stuff, the braided outside stops the rubber hose inside from expanding, thats why its used in brake lines mostly

theyre also more resistant to heat, and the braiding also stops your rubber hoses from kinking.

putting the fittings on the hose can be a pain in the ass sometimes though. other then that - best shit ever
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 2:58 am

so what your saying is go for it haha

well its definatly gonna be on my list of things to do to the new car.

i really want a nice looking performance based engine bay with quality shit, no more peicing together if i cant afford it ill wait.

anyone wanna group buy braided hose and AN fittings? ha
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 2:45 pm

I love AN fittings, Abe at QCP sells em and has been nothing but helpful in the past little while to Evan and I on our purchases.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 2:50 pm

corey wrote:
I love AN fittings, Abe at QCP sells em and has been nothing but helpful in the past little while to Evan and I on our purchases.

yeah b ut he charges alot more than online.

also i wanted purple!!
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 2:53 pm

Moneypits wrote:
corey wrote:

yeah b ut he charges alot more than online.

also i wanted purple!!

how much have you found them online for?
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 2:54 pm

Well i mean they all vary on price depending on size but it was direct from earls and seemed good price, good price on the braided lines to.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 2:58 pm

Moneypits wrote:
Well i mean they all vary on price depending on size but it was direct from earls and seemed good price, good price on the braided lines to.
Dude they are like $5 a fitting...
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 3:00 pm

also for opnions sake which do you find more visually appealing the black braided or the SS braided lines
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 3:01 pm

corey wrote:
Moneypits wrote:
Dude they are like $5 a fitting...

haha

no are you daft, go check the price of say a banjo bolt fuel line fitting or a 180 degree hose bend fitting

they arent 5 bucks
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 3:04 pm

K sorry I am retarded, They are $8, but Abe only charged Evan $5 per fitting for the 90degree bend ones.

I got black braided line in mine so they dont stand out and I like em.
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 3:06 pm

Moneypits wrote:
so what your saying is go for it haha

well its definatly gonna be on my list of things to do to the new car.

i really want a nice looking performance based engine bay with quality shit, no more peicing together if i cant afford it ill wait.

anyone wanna group buy braided hose and AN fittings? ha
yeah man like i was telling kyle, i think this is pretty neat and looks good. i actually wanted to get some braided lines with an fittins for the clutch slave cylinder as well as other little ones around the engine bay. Not sure about the rad hoses since im pretty sure they will be lots of money. But yeah if you want we can get some, lets see if more ppl would like to get in. where are you thinking of getting them from?
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 3:23 pm

corey wrote:
K sorry I am retarded, They are $8, but Abe only charged Evan $5 per fitting for the 90degree bend ones.

mmm sweet that actually a good price for fitings. do they also carry the braided lines or you got them from somewhere else?
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 3:23 pm

luispizarro25 wrote:
corey wrote:

mmm sweet that actually a good price for fitings. do they also carry the braided lines or you got them from somewhere else?
There was a pretty long thing of braided line that you can cut to size.
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 3:29 pm

corey wrote:
luispizarro25 wrote:
corey wrote:

There was a pretty long thing of braided line that you can cut to size.
sweet thanks corey ill head there once i get my car back
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 4:01 pm

corey wrote:

were talking about different fittings are you just talking about the pipe thread fittings?

Where to buy anodized AN fittings An-10--180--

im talking about fittings like that which typically run like 30 bucks
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 4:04 pm

180's are always going to be more expensive

corey said 90's
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 4:07 pm

240sxy wrote:
180's are always going to be more expensive

corey said 90's
even the 90's like that run more than 8 bucks with the swivel end
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy anodized AN fittings   Where to buy anodized AN fittings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where to buy anodized AN fittings
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: General-
Jump to: