Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rules on hitting dear.

Go down 
+10
Black
Marshal
Soup
mower-power
JYB116
Piett
jdm_itr
1eightySX
1 hip
14 posters
AuthorMessage
1 hip
Rank 3
Rank 3

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Rules on hitting dear. Empty
PostSubject: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2009, 12:43 pm

I hit a dear and my car has tons of damage. I was just wondering if this will be an at fault accident. I believe an at fault is -6 points and my license doesn't have much more room left on it before they take it away.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2009, 12:47 pm

That all depends did the dear have the right of way?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2009, 12:53 pm

wildlife is free you wont pay anything and it doesnt go on licence
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2009, 1:09 pm

i shoot shoot a deer, stand it up and smoke it!

Last edited by JP on May 28th 2009, 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1 hip
Rank 3
Rank 3

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2009, 1:10 pm

jdm_itr wrote:
wildlife is free you wont pay anything and it doesnt go on licence

K cool,thanks
Back to top Go down
JYB116
Rank 8
Rank 8
JYB116

Number of posts : 1788
Vehicle : Nissan skyline gtr
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2009, 1:18 pm

ya and ps its deer
Back to top Go down
mower-power
Rank 2
Rank 2
mower-power

Number of posts : 70
Vehicle : Honda CRX Si, Civic DX Hatch
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2009, 2:02 pm

JP wrote:
i shoot shoot a dear, stand it up and smoke it!
I saw that edit.
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2009, 2:40 pm

1eightySX wrote:
That all depends did the dear have the right of way?

LMAO Benoit!!! I actually started choking on my lunch! haha
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2009, 3:45 pm

IF you have a package policy, you won't have to pay a dime.
If you hit the deer head on, its your fault, and you will loose points.
When I was drivign my dad's truck and a deer ran into the side of the truck, I was deemed not at fault, becasue of the location of the deer.
They said if you hit it on the front of the car, you're usually deemed "at fault"
Back to top Go down
1 hip
Rank 3
Rank 3

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2009, 4:24 pm

Marshal wrote:
IF you have a package policy, you won't have to pay a dime.
If you hit the deer head on, its your fault, and you will loose points.
When I was drivign my dad's truck and a deer ran into the side of the truck, I was deemed not at fault, becasue of the location of the deer.
They said if you hit it on the front of the car, you're usually deemed "at fault"

Wow that is not good news cause I hit it dead in the middle. I think it is so dumb how they say hitting a deer is my fault. It was pitch dark and the thing was in a full sprint.
Thanks for the info though
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2009, 4:33 pm

My dad and i hit a moose 2 years ago, and he did not lose any points. We hit it head on and he doesnt have a package policy, only thing he had to pay was the deductible.
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2009, 7:37 pm

bahrx7 wrote:
My dad and i hit a moose 2 years ago, and he did not lose any points. We hit it head on and he doesnt have a package policy, only thing he had to pay was the deductible.
Wow... what were you in? A moose is gigantic, was the vehicle TL'd?
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2009, 10:19 pm

JBlack09 wrote:
bahrx7 wrote:

We were in my mom's brand new equinox. There was less than 1000 kms on it when it happened and the vehicle was mangled. It happened right outside yorkton on that single lane highway, thank god no one was coming the other way.
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2009, 11:14 pm

bahrx7 wrote:
JBlack09 wrote:
bahrx7 wrote:

We were in my mom's brand new equinox. There was less than 1000 kms on it when it happened and the vehicle was mangled. It happened right outside yorkton on that single lane highway, thank god no one was coming the other way.
No kidding!
Back to top Go down
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : schirting
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2009, 11:47 pm

ye i was lucky a couple months ago, was commin home from my cabin at around 9 so it was dark then. Going around a wide bend on a single lane highway about a 100km/hr n see 2 deer on the right side of the road. Slam my brakes n the first one runs abotu a foot in front of me and the second one came so close to runnin into rear of my car. Came about a foot away in both direction from hitting 2 deer. Got pretty damn lucky cus theres no way my 240 woulda stood a chance against either.
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2009, 1:46 am

mower-power wrote:
JP wrote:
i shoot shoot a dear, stand it up and smoke it!
I saw that edit.

god you piss me off
Back to top Go down
mower-power
Rank 2
Rank 2
mower-power

Number of posts : 70
Vehicle : Honda CRX Si, Civic DX Hatch
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2009, 1:19 pm

Driving on the south-east highway from regina, in my little hatchback... there was 2 deer on one side of the highway, 1 on the other side. fucking scared.
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2009, 1:26 pm

mower-power wrote:
Driving on the south-east highway from regina, in my little hatchback... there was 2 deer on one side of the highway, 1 on the other side. fucking scared.

did you get out and shoot them?
Back to top Go down
SteveK
Rank 5
Rank 5
SteveK

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2009, 5:43 pm

yeah man its so interesting when we go from "hitting deer, to "almost hitting deer." then someone HAS to post about seeing them...but other then that no connection. if that's the case i was watching planet earth and saw some deer. they scared me.
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2009, 7:44 pm

mower-power wrote:
yeah man i was in the same situation, coming from manitoba, pitch black, 2 deers on each side. when they seem me they ran oposite sides but then the one on the ride was so fucked up that he then turns around and starts runing towards me. i had to get on the other lane (left) almost to the point of going into the snow bank and i dodged him. the funny thing is that i gave him a bitch slap with my side mirror. he just folded in and mt gf shit her pants kuz she thought his head was gonna go through the window.... so close.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
Justin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 363
Vehicle : 00' GSR
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2009, 3:17 am

luispizarro25 wrote:
mower-power wrote:
yeah man i was in the same situation, coming from manitoba, pitch black, 2 deers on each side. when they seem me they ran oposite sides but then the one on the ride was so fucked up that he then turns around and starts runing towards me. i had to get on the other lane (left) almost to the point of going into the snow bank and i dodged him. the funny thing is that i gave him a bitch slap with my side mirror. he just folded in and mt gf shit her pants kuz she thought his head was gonna go through the window.... so close.
[i]

I bet that weas a nice surprise later that night.
Back to top Go down
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : schirting
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2009, 4:10 am

BigSteve wrote:
yeah man its so interesting when we go from "hitting deer, to "almost hitting deer." then someone HAS to post about seeing them...but other then that no connection. if that's the case i was watching planet earth and saw some deer. they scared me.

cool
Back to top Go down
JYB116
Rank 8
Rank 8
JYB116

Number of posts : 1788
Vehicle : Nissan skyline gtr
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2009, 12:24 pm

Justin wrote:
luispizarro25 wrote:
mower-power wrote:
[i]

I bet that weas a nice surprise later that night.

lets just say they dont do that after 2 years
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules on hitting dear.   Rules on hitting dear. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules on hitting dear.
Page 1 of 1