Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kenwood-Single Din Dvd

Go down 
+5
Marshal
RB
phoez
Piett
whatwasithinking
9 posters
AuthorMessage
whatwasithinking
Rank 2
Rank 2
whatwasithinking

Number of posts : 65
Vehicle : 02 Silverado Z71
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Kenwood-Single Din Dvd Empty
PostSubject: Kenwood-Single Din Dvd   Kenwood-Single Din Dvd Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2009, 6:11 pm

Hey, just wondering if anyone knows how to bypass the video lockout on a kenwood deck. There is a wire that runs to the parking brake that you hook up to the illumination wire in your dash. I have read that all you need to do is ground that wire. Is that all there is to it? the place installing the deck for me will not do it- i guess its a $750 fine when u get pulled over, so i was also wondering if you run a switch in the line will it shut off the video if you hit the switch? basically just wondering if grounding that wire will allow my videos to play while im driving?
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood-Single Din Dvd   Kenwood-Single Din Dvd Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2009, 6:13 pm

grounding it should work. some newer ones dont let you do it.
Back to top Go down
whatwasithinking
Rank 2
Rank 2
whatwasithinking

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood-Single Din Dvd   Kenwood-Single Din Dvd Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2009, 6:31 pm

alright cool, if i wire in a switch and say i get pulled over, can i flick the switch and make the video shut down again?
Back to top Go down
phoez
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1337
Vehicle : nokia + xj
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood-Single Din Dvd   Kenwood-Single Din Dvd Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2009, 6:40 pm

whatwasithinking wrote:
alright cool, if i wire in a switch and say i get pulled over, can i flick the switch and make the video shut down again?

yes, i have it done like that.
Back to top Go down
whatwasithinking
Rank 2
Rank 2
whatwasithinking

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood-Single Din Dvd   Kenwood-Single Din Dvd Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2009, 6:56 pm

alright, thanks for the help guys
Back to top Go down
RB
Rank 2
Rank 2
RB

Number of posts : 70
Vehicle : --
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood-Single Din Dvd   Kenwood-Single Din Dvd Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2009, 11:59 am

ive done it myself on both my dvd players if its a cheaper double din or older you dont need the bypass switch you can just ground that wire but if its a newer one they are smarter adn wont let you watchs anything so you need to get a toogle switch conect the parking brake wire to one side the other side to a ground but hide the switch so cops cant see it in the open still get the ticket but with the switch you are able to turn the vidoe on and off when ever you want.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood-Single Din Dvd   Kenwood-Single Din Dvd Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2009, 6:26 pm

or, turn your car off when they pull you over. I always do that, and place my keys on top of my dash within sight of the officer. That way you know you aren't going ot do something stupid. You usually have time to close your screen anyways before they come to your car. Unless its mounted way up high. I don't understand the fascination of wathcing movies while I'm driving. Unless its one of those ones that can act as guages, then I can;t see you gettign a ticket for that
Back to top Go down
whatwasithinking
Rank 2
Rank 2
whatwasithinking

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood-Single Din Dvd   Kenwood-Single Din Dvd Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2009, 10:18 pm

alright, picked up a two way switch, and im not interested in watchign videos myself while driving, more for the passengers on those long roadtrips.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood-Single Din Dvd   Kenwood-Single Din Dvd Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2009, 10:47 pm

You're so considerate
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood-Single Din Dvd   Kenwood-Single Din Dvd Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2009, 2:14 am

i had my old one hooked up on a togle switch (ebrake) and a push button for the brake. then all you have to do if you get pulled over is switch the toggle off worked great. and i never watched movies on mine just music videos lol
Back to top Go down
SPEC V
Rank 2
Rank 2
SPEC V

Number of posts : 54
Vehicle : 2008 Sentra SPEC V
Registration date : 2009-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood-Single Din Dvd   Kenwood-Single Din Dvd Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2009, 9:25 pm

thanks dill haha...
Back to top Go down
Torque
Rank 2
Rank 2
Torque

Number of posts : 54
Vehicle : 2002 BMW 745i
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood-Single Din Dvd   Kenwood-Single Din Dvd Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2009, 2:31 am

I've had a tv in my car for a year now and always have music videos playin and cops dont do shit, went a year with tint on the fronts too, just got an inspection ticket a week ago
Back to top Go down
whatwasithinking
Rank 2
Rank 2
whatwasithinking

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood-Single Din Dvd   Kenwood-Single Din Dvd Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2009, 9:36 pm

alright guys i need more help, this is the amp im getting

[img]Kenwood-Single Din Dvd Kenwoo10[/img]

Where do i put the wire that comes from the sub?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood-Single Din Dvd   Kenwood-Single Din Dvd Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2009, 11:42 pm

prob speaker output
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood-Single Din Dvd   Kenwood-Single Din Dvd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kenwood-Single Din Dvd
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: Car Audio-
Jump to: