Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

laws on privite sales for cars??

Go down 
+14
jdm_itr
canadian_ef2
Golks
dev
d3v
lu!$
laynehip
Rob
DOOLHA
subbie
1 hip
JYB116
Piett
Kalashnikov
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kalashnikov
Rank 2
Rank 2
Kalashnikov

Number of posts : 81
Vehicle : 1993 RX7(FD3S)
Registration date : 2009-04-28

laws on privite sales for cars?? Empty
PostSubject: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 4:32 pm

So i sold a car for $9000 to someone the oil catch can spills oil you have to put a liter in the engine every 2 or 3 days the rotors were pretty heat warped, and the engine was fine until the day of the sale. I was washing the engine bay but forgot the oil cap was off, maybe 20 seconds of water got in the engine after that the car was blowing blue smoke out of the tail pipe, i told the guy what happened and he knew of the oil leaks,rotors and blue smoke, he was just going to change the oil once he got home.2 weeks later the guy's dad phones me wanting me to pay for a engine rebuild saying i sold a unfit car for the road to his son, i told him the car is not even reg. and his son knew of all the problems. But we all didn't know that the engine needed to be rebuilt(that's what they clam) oh and on the bill of sale we forgot to put "as is" but i herd that all privite sales are as is unless stated other wise.so my question is does any body know the laws in Sask. for privite sales?? and can this guy do anything about it since it has been 4 weeks now??
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwag.ca
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 4:37 pm

hmm i thought if you didnt put AS IS on the bill of sale or registration, then they can bring the car back within a stupid amount, like 60 days
Back to top Go down
JYB116
Rank 8
Rank 8
JYB116

Number of posts : 1788
Vehicle : Nissan skyline gtr
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 4:49 pm

i think its 30 days cause remeber d3v ran into that problem with his white civic, ask him he will eb able to tell you forsure
Back to top Go down
Kalashnikov
Rank 2
Rank 2
Kalashnikov

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 4:54 pm

jyb116 wrote:
i think its 30 days cause remeber d3v ran into that problem with his white civic, ask him he will eb able to tell you forsure

you guys are scaring me!
Back to top Go down
1 hip
Rank 3
Rank 3

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 5:07 pm

If he does take you to court, which it sounds like he will you best bet would to get any kind of documents saying the car was in good condition and play it off as some freak accident. This shouldn't be too hard if it's the rx-7 you sold.
Back to top Go down
Kalashnikov
Rank 2
Rank 2
Kalashnikov

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 5:10 pm

1 hip wrote:
If he does take you to court, which it sounds like he will you best bet would to get any kind of documents saying the car was in good condition and play it off as some freak accident. This shouldn't be too hard if it's the rx-7 you sold.

okay i guess i can do that, no it was my Grey GTS25
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 6:07 pm

ya sorry to say, unless it says "as is" on the bill of sale he has 30 days to do an inspection and charge you for what ever it costs to make it road worthy.
Back to top Go down
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : schirting
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 6:12 pm

ouch
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 6:14 pm

OCHO wrote:
ouch

X2
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 6:27 pm

time to fake your death sir
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 7:28 pm

bro i have a house in mexico to be taken care of... time to move... you will enjoy the road trip there... lol!
Sucks tho, get in touch with the guy who sold you the car and get testimonial/documentation from him... anythign on your favor
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
1 hip
Rank 3
Rank 3

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 10:26 pm

Invest in a tape recorder for your phone. People always say dumb stuff on the phone thinking there is no proof of them saying it. When you bring it into court it is usually the finishing blow. It saved my ass.
Back to top Go down
d3v
Rank 4
Rank 4
d3v

Number of posts : 335
Vehicle : 1992 Honda Civic Hatch w/ h22
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 10:31 pm

hey man yeah i was in the same situation with my white hatch, make sure you ALWAYS right as is on the bill of sale, i feel for you man since i was their once too Sad
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 10:51 pm

1 hip wrote:
Invest in a tape recorder for your phone. People always say dumb stuff on the phone thinking there is no proof of them saying it. When you bring it into court it is usually the finishing blow. It saved my ass.
WHERE WOULD I GET ONE OF THESE
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 11:07 pm

laynehip wrote:
1 hip wrote:
WHERE WOULD I GET ONE OF THESE

lol uh ohhh
Back to top Go down
Kalashnikov
Rank 2
Rank 2
Kalashnikov

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 11:47 pm

thanks guys, luis i might have to go live with your sister,lol.jk
Back to top Go down
Golks
Rank 5
Rank 5
Golks

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : '98 Honda
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 11:54 pm

Don't trust what people think they know on the internet.

Consumer Protection Laws don't apply to private sales and for the most part it is 'Buyer Beware'.

My advice would be to talk to a Lawyer and take their advice and not to listen to what strangers on the Internet tell you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
canadian_ef2
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 11:54 pm

Golks wrote:

Consumer Protection Laws don't apply to private sales and for the most part it is 'Buyer Beware'.

My advice would be to talk to a Lawyer and take their advice and not to listen to what strangers on the Internet tell you.

amen.
Back to top Go down
JYB116
Rank 8
Rank 8
JYB116

Number of posts : 1788
Vehicle : Nissan skyline gtr
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 11:57 pm

canadian_ef2 wrote:
Golks wrote:

amen.

x2 just cause its canadian ef
Back to top Go down
Kalashnikov
Rank 2
Rank 2
Kalashnikov

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2009, 12:03 am

Golks wrote:

(GOD HAS SPOKEN)
...............thanx...
i do.
Back to top Go down
Golks
Rank 5
Rank 5
Golks

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : '98 Honda
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2009, 12:05 am

Kalashnikov wrote:
Golks wrote:

(GOD HAS SPOKEN)
...............thanx...
i do.

Haha. Funny bit of info from all.

Type my last name into Microsoft Word. Run a spell Check and guess what it suggests to replace it with. GODLIKE. Yes that is correct. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2009, 12:11 am

Golks wrote:
Kalashnikov wrote:
Golks wrote:

(GOD HAS SPOKEN)
...............thanx...
i do.

Haha. Funny bit of info from all.

Type my last name into Microsoft Word. Run a spell Check and guess what it suggests to replace it with. GODLIKE. Yes that is correct. Smile
wow you have no life lol jk
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2009, 12:17 am

LOL this second page is a fucking joke... Lmfao...
Darrel she can't speak English. Unless you know some Spanish you'll have chance.
I hate you, now we can't compete kuz you too fast for me. Can't believe you beat johns r33... I gotta see that
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2009, 12:52 am

wow good luck
Back to top Go down
taylorvw
Rank 8
Rank 8
taylorvw

Number of posts : 1554
Vehicle : ce9a
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2009, 1:53 am

sucks

Last edited by taylorvw on May 5th 2009, 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: laws on privite sales for cars??   laws on privite sales for cars?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

laws on privite sales for cars??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next