Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

bose or ....?

Go down 
+6
Sleypr
Cody
slowEK
aram1000
duggyb
Kalashnikov
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kalashnikov
Rank 2
Rank 2
Kalashnikov

Number of posts : 81
Vehicle : 1993 RX7(FD3S)
Registration date : 2009-04-28

bose or ....? Empty
PostSubject: bose or ....?   bose or ....? Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2009, 5:47 pm

i have the factory bose system in my fd3s but all but one speaker is blowin there is a place in s'toon that fixes speakers but not sure the cost or would it be better to just by 4 new speakers? what would be equal to bose?
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwag.ca
duggyb
Rank 5
Rank 5
duggyb

Number of posts : 680
Vehicle : 09' Mustang GT & 94' Nissan Silvia
Registration date : 2009-04-07

bose or ....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bose or ....?   bose or ....? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 4:48 am

usually your best option is just replace speakers, i would go to one of your local audio shops in Stoon and price out 4 new speakers and maybe even an aftermarket amplifier(you can try Visions if you want just talk to Robb P or Aundrey in car audio and tell them Dustin from Regina east visions sent you and theyll hook you up)...also do you know if the system you have is a factory amplified or no? if it is you will need to wire around the amplifiers when replacing the speakers becuase BOSE speakers run at a 8 ohm load impedance whereas aftermarkets usually run at a 4 ohm load impedance

also bose is VERY overated, they spend allot of money on marketing and not much on research and development....take a look at a bose factory speaker and its usually payper or foam cone...which sucks!
Back to top Go down
aram1000
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 48
Vehicle : 2000 Aristo
Registration date : 2009-02-16

bose or ....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bose or ....?   bose or ....? Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2009, 4:58 pm

i got factory bose sound in my G35 and am very happy with the sound quality, i find it comparable to the mb quart system i was running in my bmw, except it doesn't hit as loud as i don't have a sub with my factory system. If you were to go aftermarket, and wanted similar quality, you'd probably want to look into mb quart, hertz or JL, all are nice stuff if not better then the bose, be prepared to spend some cash though
Back to top Go down
slowEK
Rank 3
Rank 3
slowEK

Number of posts : 187
Vehicle : EJ6, EM1
Registration date : 2008-08-09

bose or ....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bose or ....?   bose or ....? Icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2009, 11:49 pm

bose is overrated? are you serious? visions sells fuckin overpriced garbage lol

if you want good stuff for good prices hit up ebay
Back to top Go down
Cody
Rank 3
Rank 3
Cody

Number of posts : 193
Vehicle : 1981 Malibu 355sbc
Registration date : 2008-04-01

bose or ....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bose or ....?   bose or ....? Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2009, 3:06 pm

If you dont want to spend much, visions had the type s speakers (may have been the old model) for cheap, 6x9's i could get for 55 plus tax, 6.5 were about the same. Not sure if they have them anymore this was during the spring. Replaced a chevy bose system and they sounded cleaner.

Or if you don't care about money, Im quite satisfied with my kicker speakers (amplified). I've heard some realllllyyyy good boston's too, just pricey.
Back to top Go down
Sleypr
Rank 4
Rank 4
Sleypr

Number of posts : 402
Vehicle : 2004 Infiniti G35x, 2000 Jeep XJ
Registration date : 2008-08-30

bose or ....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bose or ....?   bose or ....? Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2009, 3:23 pm

IMO Boston Acoustics or Infinity Kappa series would be close to the Bose sound and quality.
Back to top Go down
ray8181
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-08-13

bose or ....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bose or ....?   bose or ....? Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 4:45 am

honestly i think bose is junk in terms of car audio. but when it comes to home audio or headphones i honestly think they're outstanding
Back to top Go down
nugget
Rank 3
Rank 3

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2010-02-24

bose or ....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bose or ....?   bose or ....? Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 5:53 pm

ray8181 wrote:
honestly i think bose is junk in terms of car audio. but when it comes to home audio or headphones i honestly think they're outstanding

you wish buddy..... pita cravings soon? Smile
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

bose or ....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bose or ....?   bose or ....? Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 6:26 pm

nugget wrote:
ray8181 wrote:

i heard the owner sold the company to someone..that true?
Back to top Go down
nugget
Rank 3
Rank 3

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2010-02-24

bose or ....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bose or ....?   bose or ....? Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 8:33 pm

JP wrote:
nugget wrote:
ray8181 wrote:

the scarth street one i believe he did. its called "pita queen" now and its fucking terrible.... raymond told Sal (the owner) is back at the one right off of park.
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

bose or ....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bose or ....?   bose or ....? Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 8:34 pm

nugget wrote:
JP wrote:
nugget wrote:
ray8181 wrote:

the scarth street one i believe he did. its called "pita queen" now and its fucking terrible.... raymond told Sal (the owner) is back at the one right off of park.

okay, ive never been to pita queen, my bro said it was shit..now pita cravings on the other hand. OH MY GOD!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : schirting
Registration date : 2008-08-28

bose or ....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bose or ....?   bose or ....? Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 9:06 pm

I stick to northwest pita joints..u guys are crazy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bose or ....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: bose or ....?   bose or ....? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bose or ....?
Page 1 of 1