Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Built or bought.

Go down 
+15
corey
doom26464
RyanR
Jhall
troyjule
jdm_itr
lu!$
Marshal
laynehip
1eightySX
subbie
Piett
Moneypits
canadian_ef
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Bought or built?
Bought
Built or bought. - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Built or bought. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 6 ]
Built
Built or bought. - Page 2 Vote_lcap75%Built or bought. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 75% [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Built or bought. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 11:27 pm

neither. my car is stock.
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 11:59 pm

RyanR wrote:
doom26464 wrote:
i rather build my own car as long as I have a good platfrom to work with....

whats the point of buying something already built? half the fun in a car is building it the way you want with parts you like.

haha you'l see when you get into the work force. This trade kills hobbies quickly.

so true
Back to top Go down
Thai-kun
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 810
Vehicle : 2000 Honda S2000 [AP1]
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2009, 12:06 am

Hm...I guess technically mine is going to be "built", though my plan list for the car is probably going to be a very short one.

- Apex'i N1 exhaust system
- 17" Mesh style rims (don't really give a crap on brand)
- LED AP2 tail lights
- EK9 fog lights
- Front lip
- Strut + sway bars

And I'm done.
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2009, 12:12 am

bahrx7 wrote:
marshal wrote:
bahrx7 wrote:
i think im safe to say my car was built, and im VERY grateful for those who helped me(you all know who you are) But if i was to do it again, id buy something highly modded rather than build it.

I would rather buy a striaght JDM car next time. for the money, you cannot beat the the value. plus, when you're done, you more than likely have a fast car, not one that just looks decent.

exactly.

I remember you saying something about that one day haha buying built next time.
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2009, 12:12 am

ya, i could defiantly see the trade killing your passion for it. (or your drive to keep tinkering)

iv been asked alot by people why im not going to school to be a mechanic because im always working on something and clearly i love it. Its something i wanna keep as a hobby, not a chore. Im already sick of doing break jobs for friends and i couldnt imagine doing it day in and day out. To all the licensed mechanics, i give you a lot of credit for the job you do.
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

Number of posts : 752
Vehicle : 2008 Toyota Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2009, 12:37 am

raboyto2 wrote:
ya, i could defiantly see the trade killing your passion for it. (or your drive to keep tinkering)

iv been asked alot by people why im not going to school to be a mechanic because im always working on something and clearly i love it. Its something i wanna keep as a hobby, not a chore. Im already sick of doing break jobs for friends and i couldnt imagine doing it day in and day out. To all the licensed mechanics, i give you a lot of credit for the job you do.

Probably the best thing you could have done. I normally do not knock this trade, but if I had to do it all over again, I wold have definetaly gone to school and done something else. They fail to tell you that it takes you 4-5 years of shit pay(I'm talking 10 dollars an hour! I lived on that, with my own house!!!) to finally get on the big end scale of pay.(and even that is only 25 or so per hour).

ok i'm done, im gonna go cry in the corner now at my life /emo Sad lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.306motorclub.com
doom26464
Rank 4
Rank 4
doom26464

Number of posts : 411
Vehicle : MR-2 GT, Civic SiR
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2009, 9:10 am

I had already been applied in school for cooking 2 years ago and deicde that was an even worse trade to get into. soo mechanics isn't nearlyh as bad.

im not really good at anything esle I don't think I could weld or do carpentery so Im going to stick with this for now and see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2009, 12:05 pm

WReX wrote:

so the guys who buy and "suuupp up" neons, cavilers, and sunfires are cool? lol on that note has anyone seen that purple sunfire with the kit and the crazy sparkly paint job?? lol thats awesome hahahaha

lol ok your crx is a lot better than a sunfire i'll give you that. Well good luck with the build.

I think you quoted the wrong person, or I am missing something.

I think as long as someone is really into the scene it is fine. I mean the thing is I don't think J body guys are really into the scene as they mod out of convenience. Maybe I am just generalizing I don't know, but when I was younger and had my first car everybody my age was doing up J bodies and starting clubs. Those people eventually upgraded to grand ams and then became uninterested in cars.

Anyway, if you guy a built car that is done right it doesn't really make that much of a difference.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2009, 4:17 pm

all my cars are built, I do everything myself, including paint, bodywork, basic alignments, engine swap/build, and blah blah blah.

I wish i just went out and bought a nice car though. Yes there is the sentimental, I love my car, it completes me, working on it makes me happy, I will try to fix anything first, blah blah. But its gotten to the point where i can't leave one of my vehicles parked somewhere without me worrying about whats happening to it, hoping some knob doesn't park too close and put a door ding in it, or someone who doesn't like me keys it, or worse.
If I were to do it again, I would just buy a car that was fast and nice, or buy someone's old project for cheap. Then I would atleast have a fast car to show for all my hard work

Cars are a terrible investment anyways. Although, they certainly are a fun one..and the people you meet along the way.
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2009, 6:31 pm

doom26464 wrote:
I had already been applied in school for cooking 2 years ago and deicde that was an even worse trade to get into. soo mechanics isn't nearlyh as bad.

im not really good at anything esle I don't think I could weld or do carpentery so Im going to stick with this for now and see how it goes.

When I first to this country it was for the english, then university came along and wanted to do mechanical engineering since i always liked engines, car and shit that did mechanical things. then i realized UofR didnt have mechanical engineering, i couldnt change to SIAST kuz i was not allowed unless i went out and came back in with another student permit. fuck it, too expensive. went to seoftware engineering and well thats far from mechanical but its something else i like. i keep cars as my primarily hobbie and prbly the only one. i know there are ppl here and other forums that know a whole lot of shit about cars, way more than me, but thats becasue thats their life and thats how they chose to live it. I was a cook and always thought why i wasnt good like others eventhou i liked it, and thats kuz they were meant to be cooks, they wen to school for it and did it day in and out. i just couldnt be as good as them kuz i had shit going on on the side. right now i just try to learn more about fixing my car on my own trying to break my head and figure shit out, always with help for sure, kuz i want to learn the right way.

Marshal wrote:
Cars are a terrible investment anyways. Although, they certainly are a fun one..and the people you meet along the way.
ppl keep telling me to sell the damn car and buy something doesnt break, but it part of my life already and i just love it too much... bad investment but its my true love... lol so cheese
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Built or bought.   Built or bought. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Built or bought.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: General-
Jump to: