Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pennzoil Synchromesh

Go down 
+5
doom26464
Rob
Sleypr
Moneypits
Clint Eastwood
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Pennzoil Synchromesh Empty
PostSubject: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 2:13 pm

Who sells pennzoil synchromesh tranny fluid in regina?
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 2:15 pm

you can get GM synchromesh from RMP i know
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 2:18 pm

Is it the "friction modified" stuff? I went to a couple dealerships (not rmp) and all they had was the AC Delco stuff.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 2:20 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:
Is it the "friction modified" stuff? I went to a couple dealerships (not rmp) and all they had was the AC Delco stuff.

Jason should pop in about now he put it in his car
Back to top Go down
Sleypr
Rank 4
Rank 4
Sleypr

Number of posts : 402
Vehicle : 2004 Infiniti G35x, 2000 Jeep XJ
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 4:09 pm

Royal Purple Syncromax will work great!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 5:16 pm

yeah any gm dealer will sell the synchromesh with friction modifier. royal purple would work great too.

I could probably get it for you, its like 8 bucks a litre.
Back to top Go down
doom26464
Rank 4
Rank 4
doom26464

Number of posts : 411
Vehicle : MR-2 GT, Civic SiR

PostSubject: Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 7:45 pm

if your throwing it in the crx thats what in there already I put it in last summer...gm syncromesh
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 7:51 pm

synchros are shitty?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 8:00 pm

doom26464 wrote:
if your throwing it in the crx thats what in there already I put it in last summer...gm syncromesh

looks like you're fucked Clint:)
Back to top Go down
doom26464
Rank 4
Rank 4
doom26464

PostSubject: Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 8:01 pm

car never had any troubles shifting when I had excpet for reverse could be a tad touchy at times. mabye the fluid got dirty or low?
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 8:25 pm

doom26464 wrote:
car never had any troubles shifting when I had excpet for reverse could be a tad touchy at times. mabye the fluid got dirty or low?

It's still just reverse...but a change couldn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 8:36 pm

tranny fluid should need to be changed atleast until every 30,000 kms. and many time, people never change it.

just make just the car has come to a complete stop and let the clutch out, then depress it again before ingaging reverse.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 8:37 pm

The trick in my jeep was to put it in 4th first then reverse, no problems then.
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

Number of posts : 752
Vehicle : 2008 Toyota Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 10:12 pm

marshal wrote:
tranny fluid should need to be changed atleast until every 30,000 kms. and many time, people never change it.

just make just the car has come to a complete stop and let the clutch out, then depress it again before ingaging reverse.

30,000 might be a tad excessive in a manual transmission, but for how much it costs it doesn't hurt. 3 years or 50-60,000 minimum with the quality of oils being used today is a recommended change interval for most manufactures of differential in trans units.

Also if reverse is difficult to engage when completely stopped, select first gear, release clutch until you move foward, then select reverse. This aids in meshing of the reverse idler gear that needs to engage on the mainshaft for reverse to work. You are trying to engage straight cut gears remember, that it why its hard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.306motorclub.com
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 10:18 pm

with synthetic, I assume even longer intervals?
I was just quoting what I saw in my owners manual. Most peopel would be surprised to find that their tranny fluid has never been changed.
anyways, do what ryan says.
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 10:26 pm

marshal wrote:
I was just quoting what I saw in my owners manual. Most peopel would be surprised to find that their tranny fluid has never been changed.

yes, very few people change their tranny fluid. same thing with brake fluid, clutch fluid , power steering fluid and differentials. Everyone just concentrates on engine oil, then goes and buys a fram filter and calls it a day. Maintain your own vehicle and laugh at everyone else. its fun.
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

PostSubject: Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 10:41 pm

marshal wrote:

Absolutely. There is very little wear in most manual transmissions(when driven properly of course lol) and the fluid is not under any pressure. Hence why filters are not needed. Any minor metal is picked up by the earth magnet mounted somewhere in the case. 80,000km+ can easily be done safely with synthetic.

100% agree on the other fluids also. Brake fluid is a huge item that very easy to tell when its time to change. If its DOT 3/4 and it ain't yellow or clear. FLUSH IT OUT! haha. Cars have come long ways in that we can go 10,000km on oil changes, 160,000km on coolant changes, but brake fluid is brake fluid still. Get that shit changed every few years!
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 10:44 pm

Well now I won't even change it...I was just doing a basic tune up and figured I would change that to. So way to save me 30 dollars team.
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

PostSubject: Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 10:50 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:
Well now I won't even change it...I was just doing a basic tune up and figured I would change that to. So way to save me 30 dollars team.

I commend you good sir. So many people just buy used cars with no history on them and figure they should be good to go!
Back to top Go down
doom26464
Rank 4
Rank 4
doom26464

PostSubject: Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 11:00 pm

the car had tranny, brake, engine and everything changed on it when i owned it all to synthetic/proper DOT brake fluid when I had owned it.

Only thing I would suggest is possibly a change of plugs as the ones in there probaly are getting close to there change interval.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 11:32 pm

what companies produce clutch fluid,

also can you buy a brake bleeder kit or coolant flush kit ?
Back to top Go down
Golks
Rank 5
Rank 5
Golks

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : '98 Honda
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 11:38 pm

Moneypits wrote:
what companies produce clutch fluid,

also can you buy a brake bleeder kit or coolant flush kit ?

Clutch fluid is usually just brake fluid.

Bleeder kits can be had at Princess auto.

Coolant flush kits at auto parts stores.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh   Pennzoil Synchromesh Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pennzoil Synchromesh
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: General-
Jump to: